Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by EchoVictor
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

man i watched youtube videos about this place for an hour just now. never heard of it before. now i'm obsessed. some of those machines look amazing!

#52 7 years ago

ClickonDetroit.com has a nice article and video. His son will be keeping the museum open and the dream alive.
    Howie

#53 7 years ago

RIP Marvin. I've been going there for at least 20 years and Marvin was always a kind and gentle person. If you ever made eye contact with him while you were there or chatted with him, he always thanked you for coming. Just an all around nice guy. He will be missed.

#54 7 years ago

Great pinball area and a collection of unique mechanical and animatronic machines. You can even buy a DVD of the place when you are there that has a video of many of the machines on it in operation for those that can't do it all.

Here is hoping that his son, Jeremy, keeps the place going!

#55 7 years ago

it's definitely a "one of kind" place that I can guarantee that you can visit 20x or more and still find things that you didn't see before

and marvin was just like his place, a "one of a kind". I've never met someone as engaging or passionate about their business. and given the number of years that he had been running things, you were best to set aside a good amount of time to sit and chat with him (great stories)

for those who have never been to marvin's, there are many "one of kind" items that he had specifically created for his place that you will not see anywhere else on planet earth

marvin, you will be sorely missed, but not forgotten

1 year later
    #56 6 years ago

For those of you wanting to play Houdini Marvin's has had it for a few weeks now, and GotG pro as well

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

For those of you wanting to play Houdini Marvin's has had it for a few weeks now, and GotG pro as well

Sweet, ive wanted to play both of those. Maybe ill make it up on saturday!

#58 6 years ago

Did they get longer legs for the Houdini ?

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thanks for the heads up!

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

Did they get longer legs for the Houdini ?

yes, the "kiddie size" front legs are gone

#61 6 years ago

They also have SWpro and the LE AFMr but the latter was out of order the last time I was there.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

They also have SWpro

That's a SW Prem (with the hyperloop). I updated their pin list on the pinmap a few weeks ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/46-marvin-s-marvelous-mechanical-museum-farmington-hills-mi

#63 6 years ago

Whoops, thanks for the correction. Did they have a pro at first and then upgrade or am I losing my mind? (Didn't play it just looked but it is possible my mind is gone ha)

#64 6 years ago

The hyperloop was there from the start, so that's a premium from the start. Not much else difference between pro and premium except for the translite.

6 months later
    #65 5 years ago

Haven’t played it myself but they got a standard JJP Pirates last week

#66 5 years ago

A true must visit place. After years of going there i still spot stuff for the first time on the walls / ceiling / side of some games.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Haven’t played it myself but they got a standard JJP Pirates last week

They also have a Deadpool Pro a few spots down.

Marvin's is an awesome place to play!

Later,
    EV

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.