Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by EchoVictor
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_1.jpeg
    image.jpeg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Hey Guys,

I am going to be in Farmington Hills tomorrow for a wedding. I have about 3 hours to kill before I have to go to the wedding. My hotel is 5 miles from this place. Worth it?

#2 8 years ago

Definitely !

You'll probably have so much fun you'll miss the wedding.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

YES.

Even if they didn't have pins, it'd be worth it. It's a very cool place to visit.

#4 8 years ago

Cool. I hate that I have to go to this wedding. Finding this place made it a little bit better.

#5 8 years ago

I've never been there, but I always thought it would be an awesome place to visit.

#6 8 years ago

its a must see if your in the area. i have been there many times when i lived up that way.
    and yes they do have pins to play as well

#7 8 years ago

Sounds like my step daughter will like it then. She gets bored quick when there's only pins

#8 8 years ago

I used to live around there and been back recently. It's awesome. Great pin lineup. All the newer sterns and tom, ij, FH, tspp, mmr, taf and possibly some more I can't remember

#9 8 years ago

Are you driving? You can pick me up on the way.

I do plan on going someday though. That place looks cool.

#10 8 years ago

It's very cool. And they just got a Kiss machine in also. Woz, tron Stle, mustang MET...etc.

#11 8 years ago

You can spend a day in there and still not see everything! And it's not really that big of a place. Definitely worth the trip

#12 8 years ago

This place is so much fun! We didn't get to stay as long as we wanted, but I loved it. They have a WNBJM. Haven't played one yet. It was okay. The rest of the games played great that I played.

Got to play a MMR again. I think that game plays just as good as the original.

Here is my favorite toy at the place though:

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Pay 50 cents to watch this guy get drunk and puke all over the box he is in. Hilarious.

My step daughter was mad they didn't have TWD, but she made due.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#13 8 years ago

That drunk is awesome !
    We went there for the pinball machines but spent all the time looking at all the other amazing machines.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

My step daughter was mad they didn't have TWD, but she made due.

Wait...*since when* don't they have TWD? They had an LE as far as I've known.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from boagman:

Wait...*since when* don't they have TWD? They had an LE as far as I've known.

They had TWD LE when i was there.

#16 8 years ago

TAF, WOZ, KISS, mustang, MMR, Tron, ST, FG, FH, Wizard, WNBJM, TOM, TSPP

#18 8 years ago

Chuck you can come over here, watch me get drunk and puke all over myself, free of charge.

#20 8 years ago

They took out TWD for MMr a few weeks ago.
    Great place, been going there since I've been a kid. Marvin is a trip, my friend worked there more than a decade ago and when he sees us he still gives us a handful of quarters "sure you guys don't want anything to drink too?" Keep it up Marvin

#21 8 years ago

If I lived around here, I'd be there weekly. Great vibe. Love places like that.

#22 8 years ago

Taking the family to Marvin's now! Wish twd was still there, but itll be fun!

7 months later
    #23 7 years ago

Heads up Marvin now has Ghostbusters pro and The Hobbit LE

#24 7 years ago

Where is this at?

#25 7 years ago

Farmington hills mi. Www.marvin3m.com

2 weeks later
    #26 7 years ago

Looks i get to go see it! My company is sending me to one of our plants in Michigan next week

#27 7 years ago

Awesome! You can spend hours just looking at everything on the walls. If youre licky marvin will be there. Nice guy to talk to and loves what he does

#28 7 years ago

Cool! But I assure you, I'm not "licky" lol

#29 7 years ago

Haha. Whoops. Sometimes i guess i fatfinger my phone. I think if you lickey marvin you may get kicked out!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

My company is sending me to one of our plants in Michigan next week

If your close by and have the time give me a call. Its not Marvins....., but I do what I can.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI.
    269-979-3836

#31 7 years ago

Such a cool place!

#32 7 years ago

dayhuff isn't that close to marvin's (it's about a 2 hour drive), but if you have the time and since he's been kind enough to offer, definitely take him up on the invite. john's collection is huge, well rounded and you'll have the chance to play machines that you won't see practically anywhere else including a king kong, big bang bar and a hercules

#33 7 years ago

Marvins doesn't have the IJ, TWD, or FH anymore. They now have Hobbit, Ghostbusters, and Kiss instead. I think those are what were replaced.

#34 7 years ago

If there's a Ghostbusters, I'm there! Lol

6 months later
    #35 7 years ago

Headed to Marvin's in the morning with my daughter...last trip before she heads back to college. Been on the radar for years, finally making the effort.

#36 7 years ago

Very sad news but RIP Marvin. A very important place to me as a child and an adult. Will miss getting handfuls of quarters from Marvin might try to go up there today.

#37 7 years ago

I just saw the report of his passing. For those who didn't know him, he was an exceptionally kind and generous person. He will be missed.
    Howie

#38 7 years ago

Thank you for the years of fun and the conversations. Rip marvin

#39 7 years ago

Rip Marvin, and thanks for all the joy you've shared with us over the years.

#40 7 years ago

Is someone taking over for him? Did he have children?

#41 7 years ago

That is sad to hear. I visited the museum a few times a year. I never met Marvin but he ran a cool and unique place.

#42 7 years ago

Very sad news Marvin was such a kind person and was very passionate about Marvins Marvelous Mechanical Museum. He will be missed. I hope someone keeps the museum operating for more people to enjoy.

#43 7 years ago

I just watched the Modern Marvels video....seems he has a partner....

#44 7 years ago

Rest in peace, Marvin. He accumulated such a massive collection of unique machines that will rival most other collections for years to come, if not forever. He was often on the floor, and you could always stop and say "hi" to him. I don't know the man personally (but met him at least once), but I'm guessing he set something up so his collection will be around after him.

A lot of memories there. My first introduction to the place was when I was a kid and the WRIF was giving away a gameroom. You had a key to try in the door of Marvin's to see if you won. My sister loved that place and always brought out the kid in her; it did all of us. Not to mention, he had a great selection of pins too.

Chris

#45 7 years ago

RIP Marvin, what a wonderful place he created!

#46 7 years ago

Very sad to hear about Marvin. Hope the best for his family

#47 7 years ago

Very sad to hear this news. His museum is amazing and he was always so nice.

#48 7 years ago

RIP Marvin....One of the most friendly and genuine people i've ever met. So many great memories of him and his place. "You having fun?"

One of my favorite Marvin memories was at Michigan Pinball Expo years ago. Marvin was quickly scanning the pins in the tournament lineup without much interest, but when he got down to the "classics", he slowed way down and a big grin stretched across his face. So genuine.

#50 7 years ago

RIP Marvin, sorry to hear you're gone. Only had a chance to visit the museum once two years ago, but I ran into Marvin, who was always around. We chatted about 20 minutes and the guy was so generous with his time and had many good stories of course. I remember the chicken that played tic tack toe and the shocker, among many cool machines.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marvins-marvelous-mechanical-museum/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.