image-620.jpg
20140913_172101.jpg
20140915_174458.jpg
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG
marvelbarstools_000.jpg

#1 9 years ago

If anybody wants bar stools for their Avengers (Hulk), SM or IM, I stumbled across these today. On sale for $40 with free shipping, regularly $50. Use coupon code TAKEASEAT.

http://www.hoboninja.com/store/item.php?id=40182&pt_ncb=ebs2d831231d13504d1421251628693sbe&sourceName=homepage

marvelbarstools_000.jpgmarvelbarstools_000.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Curious, the website lists them for $49.99. Is there a password you used? Thanks

#3 9 years ago

Sorry, I knew I forgot something. Use coupon code TAKEASEAT. I added it to the OP.

#4 9 years ago

'Atta boy, thanks! Any idea how long the sale lasts? Is it only for today?

#5 9 years ago

It doesn't say, unfortunately.

#7 9 years ago

Damn you! I went to that site and couldn't stop buying stuff! Even at the end they hit you with that "Mystery Gift" thing (I bought 2)

#8 9 years ago

I posted this yesterday

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I posted this yesterday

So you did! Sorry about that. I did a search for "stool" and didn't come up with anything current....and certainly nothing pinball related.

#10 9 years ago

dang thats a hot deal!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Damn you! I went to that site and couldn't stop buying stuff! Even at the end they hit you with that "Mystery Gift" thing (I bought 2)

LOL, I know, right? That pane on the right side keeps bringing up stuff you have to go look at.

#12 9 years ago

Yeah! Everything seems so inexpensive ...and Free Shipping!...even on a $4.99 item!!

#13 9 years ago

Set ordered! Along with a few other things..Thx!

#14 9 years ago

I kept looking at other stuff & it kept taking the stuff out of my cart...I was afraid I was going to get an out of stock message..

#15 9 years ago

Thank you! ordered an Iron man stool

#16 9 years ago

Those are awesome..I ordered a Spiderman and an Iron man...free shipping and saved $20 bucks!!!

#17 9 years ago

BTW, these stools are covered in 2" thick flame retardant foam which I think is an important safety feature......you know.......for the Blue Flamers

1 week later
#18 9 years ago

...mine arrived today....they were originally $49.99....but were $10 off each with the code above...with free shipping.

I think I am satisfied with them....
MVC-001S.JPGMVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPGMVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPGMVC-003S.JPG

#19 9 years ago

I got mine today as well. For $40 I am happy. Thanks for the tip!

#20 9 years ago

Bought all 3 thanks!

20140915_174458.jpg20140915_174458.jpg 20140913_172101.jpg20140913_172101.jpg
#21 9 years ago

Captain America "Mad bomb" cover poster!!! Man that's cool....Jack Kirby at his finest!!!

#22 9 years ago

...still didn't get my order....maybe today...

#23 9 years ago

..I am sure they will arrive today...looks like the delivery truck is headed north east...CA, FL, PA......next stop New Jersey!!

#24 9 years ago

oops...tracking says Monday...

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Discontinued...

Too bad, that would be pretty cool.

#28 9 years ago

Ok now find me a matching Avengers bar stool please

#29 9 years ago

The legs on mine are pretty beat up and dented, and the seat is pretty hard. But, for the price, I guess I can't complain.

#30 9 years ago

Wow, that's too bad. And it would cost too much to ship it back.

#31 9 years ago

Nor sure what's up with mine. I was away on vacation, came back to a voice mail saying to call them but they are closed on the weekends. Hoping they are there when I get home..Thinking they aren't though..

#32 9 years ago

I need the iron man one. Thanks for the post.

#33 9 years ago

Heads up......you can by the swivel hardware from several retailers on Amazon, starting around $12 ( I think ).....raises the seat slightly, and the swivel makes it a lot more comfortable...( you'll have to buy 4 nut/ bolts and 4 lags, about $2 total....easy upfit).

#34 9 years ago

do you have a link for the items on Amazon??

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

do you have a link for the items on Amazon??

Here are 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Stool-Swivel-inch-square/dp/B002A23JKY/ref=pd_sim_hg_1

http://www.amazon.com/Bar-Stool-Swivel-inch-square/dp/B002A1ZWZK

can't remember which one I got, but think I sprung for the $17.00 one, because I knew it be used alot...mark

#36 9 years ago

Thank you for the follow up...I like this idea.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Thank you for the follow up...I like this idea.

Yep....well worth it for me......

#38 9 years ago

Just got all 3 of these. Thanks for the heads up. At first the coupon code wasn't working and I thought I was too late, but there's two different marvel stools that are exactly the same. Either way glad I got them. Now each one of my pins has a stool

2 weeks later
#39 9 years ago

Thanks for the lead, I picked up 4 of these.

You do get what you pay for with these: the seat cover material is very thin and the finish on the metal work is not the best but if you go in to the purchase knowing you are getting a disposable game room accessory, you will not be disappointed. The metal appears sturdy enough, but there are machining scratches and very small nicks and dents on some pieces. I used some metal polish on all the pieces before assembling and that helped a lot! Additionally, if the covering material does not last, I bet one could have new ones printed up with whatever character your want. I'm planing on changing my duplicates to Hawkeye, Black Widow or Thor in the future...

I wanted mine to swivel so I picked up 4 of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002A1ZWZK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

These swivels look like they can hold up a truck and should outlast the stool!

Upon trying to assemble, I quickly discovered that the swivel mounting holes are spaced slightly further apart from the stool's bolt locations. So what to do????

This is what I did and it worked great!

1) Screw the swivel to the cushion using four 1" #14 round head screws (available at HD). Center the swivel on the stool seat. I used the existing bolt holes to line up the swivel on the seat. Drill pilot holes at each screw location. Seems like the material in the seat is MDF or maybe hard cardboard. I used the #14 screws not that a screw that big is needed but more for the very coarse threads that should hold better in the MDF...

2) Bolt the swivel to the stool frame using four 1.5" #6 or #8 machine screws with flat washers on the screw head and nut side to prevent the screw from pulling through the large holes. This takes a bit of finagling as the holes do not line up. Basically, you hold the swivel frame up away from the stool base and angle the screws through the base. Get the nuts started on each screw before tightening. You most likely will not have the swivel base tight with the stool frame until you begin tightening the screws. As you tighten the screws, the base will pull down tight with the frame. Once everything is tight, you can cut off the extra screw length if you are so inclined.

I will post some pictures shortly.

#40 9 years ago

Picture of mounting the swivel to the seat.

image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg
#41 9 years ago

Picture of screws through the frame before tightening

image-594.jpgimage-594.jpg

And after tightening

image-876.jpgimage-876.jpg

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks for the lead, I picked up 4 of these.
You do get what you pay for with these: the seat cover material is very thin and the finish on the metal work is not the best but if you go in to the purchase knowing you are getting a disposable game room accessory, you will not be disappointed. The metal appears sturdy enough, but there are machining scratches and very small nicks and dents on some pieces. I used some metal polish on all the pieces before assembling and that helped a lot! Additionally, if the covering material does not last, I bet one could have new ones printed up with whatever character your want. I'm planing on changing my duplicates to Hawkeye, Black Widow or Thor in the future...
I wanted mine to swivel so I picked up 4 of these: amazon.com link »
These swivels look like they can hold up a truck and should outlast the stool!
Upon trying to assemble, I quickly discovered that the swivel mounting holes are spaced slightly further apart from the stool's bolt locations. So what to do????
This is what I did and it worked great!
1) Screw the swivel to the cushion using four 1" #14 round head screws (available at HD). Center the swivel on the stool seat. I used the existing bolt holes to line up the swivel on the seat. Drill pilot holes at each screw location. Seems like the material in the seat is MDF or maybe hard cardboard. I used the #14 screws not that a screw that big is needed but more for the very coarse threads that should hold better in the MDF...
2) Bolt the swivel to the stool frame using four 1.5" #6 or #8 machine screws with flat washers on the screw head and nut side to prevent the screw from pulling through the large holes. This takes a bit of finagling as the holes do not line up. Basically, you hold the swivel frame up away from the stool base and angle the screws through the base. Get the nuts started on each screw before tightening. You most likely will not have the swivel base tight with the stool frame until you begin tightening the screws. As you tighten the screws, the base will pull down tight with the frame. Once everything is tight, you can cut off the extra screw length if you are so inclined.
I will post some pictures shortly.

correct on all accounts....better stools out there, but simply not the title selection....I thought for sure there would be a Simpsons and Tron out there..but nope....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marvel-bar-stools and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.