(Topic ID: 7988)

Martians have invaded finally. RFM! Poll.

By Av8

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you like Pin2000?”

• Yes 34 votes
    52%
  • No 24 votes
    36%
  • Undecided. Need to play it. 8 votes
    12%

(66 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
2011-11-21_10.29.36.jpg
2011-11-21_10.29.59.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Pin2000 and Martains have arrived at my house with Revenge from Mars.

Williams Bally and the Gomez team poured everything into making a high quality, innovative and easily servicable product. The build quality is great. Game play excellent. Heavy.... Yes.

Let the arguing begin.

Do you like Pin2000?

2011-11-21_10.29.59.jpg2011-11-21_10.29.59.jpg 2011-11-21_10.29.36.jpg2011-11-21_10.29.36.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I played it once and liked it instantly. I don't know how it would hold up at home, but I'd like to get one and find out. Nice gameroom BTW.

#3 12 years ago

Like RFM everytime I've played it. Had an SWE1 P2K for a short time and hated it. Played them both this past Sunday.

#4 12 years ago

I thought my ipad was buggin out but the pictures are just sidways. I love RFM.

#5 12 years ago

I like RFM but not SWE1 so much. Wish there were more than two options. That other one doesn't count.

If I had a Tatman sized basement then I would love to have one.

#6 12 years ago

I love my RFM! Cool carpet.

#7 12 years ago

yes, I like it... but not enough to own one I guess. I drove an hour to check one out and played one or two games on it. It was very close to pristine and I loved the humor and artwork but I walked away because of the $3200.00 price tag. Nothing about the gameplay made me think I had to have this. The novelty, for me would probably wear out pretty quickly as well.

The GF just didn't get it, she kept saying that she couldn't see what to hit because the video on the playfield.

#8 12 years ago

Funny, the music from this pin is my ring tone. I get some interesting looks at work.

#9 12 years ago

I have had both and sold rather quickly . The RFM was a ton better than SWE1. After playing RFM for awhile my wrist would hurt. Pin2000 is at a funny angle compared to conventional pinball machines .

Jim

#10 12 years ago

First off, congrats on the pick up! Thanks to Tilt, I had to play this game..Luckily, the same guy who let me play it, also sold it to me about 4 months later. Great game with awesome humor, and it will never leave my basement! I still find it hard to believe all the haters have seen everything this game has to offer, as I still find different little cool things about it..Oh well, pretty polarizing game in the hobby I guess?

#11 12 years ago

oh RFM has that video on the PF like swe1? ya...idk if I like that. But I'd like to try the game. I've played swe1...eh it was ok.

#12 12 years ago

Not a bad game, it's kind of funny, but I prefer AFM.

Quoted from exflexer:

I thought my ipad was buggin out but the pictures are just sidways

Yeah, me too on my Galaxy Tab

#13 12 years ago

Picked up RFM earlier this year cause I was having a hard time finding AFM & sold it 2 weeks later. Finally found a really nice AFM & love it way more then RFM.

Fun for people not really into pinball but cant even come close to AFM.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Not a bad game, it's kind of funny, but I prefer AFM.

+1 How can anyone take RFM over AFM??

#15 12 years ago

I thought RFM was ok but I didnt like the fact I couldnt nudge the table. This thing weighs a TON and it didnt budge for me.

#16 12 years ago

It sucks. No offense intended to those who like pin2000. AFM is a classic incredibly fun pin. RFM is like a genetically engineered abomination, and SWE1 is about as good as the movie.

#17 12 years ago

I like it a lot. Just traded mine last weekend. I will miss it. I would buy another one someday. Did not like SWEP1

#18 12 years ago

I like the concept of Pinball 2000. It was the right move in 1999.

However now the graphics feel really dated.
DMD animations age much better then the early 3D animations they did for RFM. Of course creating these animations was new for them at the time, Star Wars already had better graphics with the existing George Lucas assets they were provided with.

If I have to summarize the two games (had them both):
RFM: Rules OK, Graphics dated, Sounds dated
SWE1: Rules very repetitive, Graphics OK but repetitive, Sounds OK but repetitive
Also I like a well lit playfield, the Pin2000 games were dark (to accommodate the projection effect).

#19 12 years ago

Not for me. I really dislike losing sight of my ball which is what happens in the back half of these games. I will however get a few games in when I see one, RFM at least. I've only played SWE1 one time and couldn’t even get through a whole game before feeling compelled to move on to something else (and I’ve always been a huge SW fan).

#20 12 years ago

There's an RFM on location around here but it's at a driving range which is only open during the day and it's right next to the brightest window in the land. And, of course, the display is already a little dim. So, I can't say that I've given the thing a fair shake. I do like it, however. It was really funny and seemed like a nice variety of shots.

Certainly miles better than straight up the pooper over and over as in SWE1 which happens to be at my favorite bar. So, that one I have given a fair shake, and I think the only really fun part is the Jedi battle with Darth Maul. I guess the space battle is an okay mode but it's the only one. Even the multiball is sort of a snooze. As a side note, does anything special happen when you complete Jedi Spirit?

I wish there had been more P2K, really. Two wasn't enough to really get going.

#21 12 years ago

For the right price if I had the right location I've get a RFM and op it.
Its not one I play much or think is worth being IN a collection.

#22 12 years ago

"Don't take the weenie cart, it's my favorite!"

#23 12 years ago

I pick it up at bowling alley. The design and serviceablity are amazing. The skis under playfield make it easy to remove entire playfield.

Check out the promo video. Cute girl working on pin2k.

#24 12 years ago

I played one for the first time today and loved it. Only time for one game though.

#25 12 years ago

There's one of these really close to me on route. I only played it once and was in a rush. I need to go check it out again.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

RFM is like a genetically engineered abomination

LOL - I love RFM, it was the longest lasting pin that I owned. It's humor is awesome: Alcohol, Women, Mortal Kombat and Bill Clinton Voice Overs. There is about 12 stages that you end up going through in order to beat the game. The requirement was to has 9 saucer lights from PERFECT levels. I got to the point where I could beat it almost every time, but it always had me coming back for more. The bonus stages were pretty random, u would not know which one you were going to get.

#27 12 years ago

I enjoy playing rfm , but believe I would get tired of it once I had been through all the modes several times. Seems more like an arcade game then a pinball machine. Had a choice of a huo rfm when I bought my scared stiff, or afm several years ago. I love my scared stiff but when I decided I had to have an afm also, it cost me 1/2 again as much to purchase it now.. Did not think it was that great at the time but when I played afm at the midwest pinball expo in milw last march, I was hooked.

#29 12 years ago

RFM is fun, but its limited shot layout got boring for me. I loathe SWE1.

Pin2k was a good idea that didn't get enough time to truly develop. Had they made a few more games it might have become something more than a novelty machine for me.

#30 12 years ago

RFM is very funny,Would like to have SWE1,The tech kind of grew on me.I hope somebody makes Wizard blocks!!Pin George is making 1,But it is a 1 of a kind pin!!

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

RFM is very funny,Would like to have SWE1,The tech kind of grew on me.I hope somebody makes Wizard Blocks!!Pin George is making 1,But it is a 1 of a kind pin!!

+1 on Wizard Blocks, from what I've seen, it would have been alot closer to what Mr. Gomez and Mr. Lawlor had in mind when they came up with Pin2k. Gene Cunningham still maintains that he can make us Pin2k owners a Wizard Blocks kit/machine, but after hearing what others involved have said(particularly Lawlor and Duncan Brown), the game is FAR from complete. I know the Nucore guys had offered to lend a hand if needed in the project, but I guess Gene has to make Kingpin first. Everyone harps on how much time/development the initial Pin2k games took, but technology and the people using it have progressed to the point today that I can't see needing such a huge team to finish this project. Either way, I think it is a viable technology and deserves to have someone take another crack at it...

#32 12 years ago

What is wizard blocks?

Also where can i find a SWE1 kit for my Rfm?

#33 12 years ago

Wizard Blocks was Pat Lawlor's Pin2k game. It utilized the computer graphics more seamlessly I feel, and it looked more natural. You can see gameplay of it on the "Tilt" extras DVD and also on"Life After Death 3". I am sure you can find it on YouTube as well for that matter...Last I looked the Episode 1 kits were going for around $1,200 or so, but they are starting to dry up. I would post a WTB on RGP or Mr. Pinball classifieds...

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Quick profile »
Topics & posts »
Posted 43 minutes ago | # | !! |

What is Wizard Blocks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-ZcqZwEi5P0

#35 12 years ago

I'd like to get one...haven't seen one on CL in my area in two years....

#36 12 years ago

I have one I just bought from Chad Keller. Its in its original box and was never removed from it. I cant decide whether to build a SWE1 around it, just plug it into my RFM and play it , store it or sell it.

#37 12 years ago

Here is a picture of it on my pool table photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#38 12 years ago

i have played both pin2k games. they are on route near me. of the 2 i like rfm better. great theme.good humor,good game over all. swe1 isnt as good imo. i feel it was rushed just to get it out and it could have been much better. i also feel that if bally/williams had continued on ,the pin2k games would have continued to improve with each game. its a shame that none of the concepts that the b/w teams had for future games will most likely never see the light of day.

#39 12 years ago

Whats a NIB SWE1 Kit worth anyway. I am sure I over paid somewhat but I got caught up wanting to own it . I paid $1k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/martians-have-invaded-finally-rfm-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.