Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 352 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DocRotCod
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    distortion.jpg
    thumbnails.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-49-28.png
    147064011-617x416.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.54.14 .png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.42.28 .png
    VisualIssue_Fixed.png
    VisualIssue.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.41.41-637.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.38.11-161.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.37.39-725.png
    pinside-ignore-1.jpg
    popcorn-deer-2.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 10.45.29 AM.png
    2015-05-29 21_21_00-What happened on mobile_ - Pinside.com.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 8 years ago

Not a fan of the new post layout. Having the name and the time in the gray bar above the post is weird. It's graphically frustrating.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure it's not done yet. They wouldn't leave it looking this horrible.

I hope that's true. This new format is no bueno. Actually makes reading it on an iPad difficult. Some significant white space and the grey bar feels like things are shifted a table cell or something.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

There was a lot of discussion about this and opinions were scattered so I decided to go live with this (instead of going back to the drawing board and spending another day or multiple days getting it right). I will evaluate feedback on the earthquake view, as mof calls it, and we'll see where that takes us

I think overall the changes are positive, but could be taken that last step if the data for the post were inside the lighter colored block and didn't rise above it. Maybe if you just tweaked the background color of the elements above the postouter div class to the same as the postouter div, it might improve the feel?

#57 8 years ago

I should add that I'm VERY happy the moving bar at the top is back. That was really annoying having to scroll up to go back to the forums page.

The recent iOS update hides the back and forward buttons on the browser on the ipad unless you are at the top of the page or pull them down.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That was one of the variations I worked with. But I dismissed it as dull and uninspired
    I quickly dug it up for you, here's a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 01.26.47 .png

Ohhh, I think that is way better.

I don't need the background of the forum to be lively and entertaining, the posts already cover that.

#64 8 years ago

Hmm, Robin when I quoted you in the above post, it says I said it.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What if you took that idea, and just extended it more the left, and kept the user icon shift? Quick and dirty mockup:
    pinside-posts.jpg

I like that too. As long as the "post block" includes all of the data and it visually stands off of the background as one piece my eyes will be happy.

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Glad to see the ridiculous kharma points gone

When you click the pop bumper the pop-up screen got missed in the cleanup, it still says:

"Post scored 1000 base points
    Posts with no thumbs score 1000 base points."

#209 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

People that fullscreen a web browser on a modern widescreen desktop baffle me. Of course it's going to look odd if you make it that big.

Why would I not fullscreen my browser? At work I have three monitors and typically run SQL Management Studio on the left, Visual Studio in the middle, and Chrome/docs on the right.

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

What, specifically, is it that you don't like about the way it looks? Too much dead space? Fewer posts per page?

I don't care about the width. The "offset" posts are what bother me. Highlighted in red in the "current" pic. Fixed with my crappy photoshop skills in the second pic.

VisualIssue.pngVisualIssue.png

VisualIssue_Fixed.pngVisualIssue_Fixed.png

#278 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I have rolled out a bugfix release that should solve some issues reported after the last update.

Thank you so much for changing the style of the post boxes!!!!! My brain is much happier!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/martians-bring-pinside-mobile-update?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.