Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 352 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DocRotCod
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    distortion.jpg
    thumbnails.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-49-28.png
    147064011-617x416.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.54.14 .png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.42.28 .png
    VisualIssue_Fixed.png
    VisualIssue.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.41.41-637.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.38.11-161.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.37.39-725.png
    pinside-ignore-1.jpg
    popcorn-deer-2.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 10.45.29 AM.png
    2015-05-29 21_21_00-What happened on mobile_ - Pinside.com.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

Did the beta site get shut down then?

I missed the Martian attack. :sad face:

Edit: it's never simple, eh Robin?

#50 8 years ago

You'll get used to it pretty quickly. Change is always shocking at first. Hold the pitchforks back til you give it a chance.

#65 8 years ago

I see Wolf found the quoting bug.

I actually like the current one better. It's a little more out of the box (no pun intended).

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What if you took that idea, and just extended it more the left, and kept the user icon shift? Quick and dirty mockup:
    pinside-posts.jpg

Where was that suggestion on the beta thread?

#97 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a blast from the past, converting the 16X9 aspect we've all had for years back to 4x3...maybe the next update will make it Black & White?

Expect that to be fixed. Wasn't like that on the beta site.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I already tried a hard refresh. No change.

What are you considering wonky? It looks fine in your screenshots or I'm missing something.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Plus the auto like dislike is gone.

Click the pop cap on mobile for the buttons.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

3) when on mobile, time of last post is needed. It's gone. Yet mobile still shows time when first post was made, which is off no use (too me).

Tap the post count on the right and it'll slide out with more info.

#120 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Before you could just click up or down, without opening the pop bumper. Wham bam thank you mam. Such is progress and I'll get used to the changes. I'm just on my phone on pinside. 100% of the time. Such is progress. Don't really need to see my exact location In the forum either..

Do they show up in landscape? Obviously its about trying to make everything fit on a small screen.

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

2. Not sure what the underlined # does. Clicking on it does nothing in portrait or landscape.

I think its supposed to reveal the post number/time but isn't working right.

Quoted from schudel5:

3. The guy wearing the seat belt in the lower right, what is that? Ignore user? That would be better to locate somewhere different than next to the quotes.

Report post.

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Can we get an option to unanchor and hide the yellow bar that says which forum you're reading? Mobile screen space is limited so I'd rather not have some of it used up by this bar telling me what forum I'm in.
    Otherwise, I love the responsive design. It's very useful so far.

Note those are breadcrumbs, so you can tap them to navigate.

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I hate to be that guy... but I really don't like this new version ..... maybe I just don't like change.

Hah. Read the thread. Lots seem to hate change.

#197 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

hi,
    Looks like i can finally "Ignore" myself
    pinside-ignore-1.jpg

That's a good catch. I wonder what would happen.

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Whether I'm using 3 monitors or 1, I always fullscreen my browser. I'm guessing anyone who criticizes going fullscreen is a Mac user.

No. I also don't full screen /any/ window. But, the point is, there are many different ways that people do things, and satisfying all of them is very difficult.

What, specifically, is it that you don't like about the way it looks? Too much dead space? Fewer posts per page?

Personally, I wouldn't like it if those screen caps went all the way across the screen. The posts are so short that every post would be one line and your eye has to track all the way back and forth across the screen. If you lessen the width of your window, you lose all the extra dead space and things loom cleaner. All other sites would also fit great in smaller window.

Edit: I think this quoting issue is a bigger problem right now.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I don't care about the width. The "offset" posts are what bother me. Highlighted in red in the "current" pic. Fixed with my crappy photoshop skills in the second pic.

Thanks. You're not alone. Stay tuned.

#236 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

You can fix a wrong thumb up or down faster the old way than you can give a give a correct thumbs with this New way.
    I guess my question is, was it broke?

It wasn't broke so much as over-cluttered on a small screen. If you turn sideways for the additional width, they'll come back.

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Not on the L3 G3. I always browse In landscape mode and I only see the pop bumper.

Looks like your G3 still doesn't have enough pixels in landscape mode, sorry. Works on my HTC One.

#251 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

That's a good point. Actually I wouldn't mind the extra click, I just don't like the popout div with the vote links at the bottom because I have to drag the screen to see them. If the first click showed the old style voting links at the top right, that would be cool.

This is going to be adjusted in time.

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

While I don't care much for karma points as a whole, they DID help me pinpoint users.

Plan is to replace it with something even more relevant. Stay tuned.

#308 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

It would still be nice to be able to undock the breadcrumbs as they take a significant amount of space on a mobile screen where space is limited.

Would you mind posting a screenshot from your phone? I'm curious how you see it to consider it a significant amount of space. On my phone it ends up being about half the size of the avatar, which doesn't make a significant difference /to me/.

#328 8 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Thumbs downed ya because that was my complaint. Previously I could up down very quickly, but after the mobile update, I had to hit the pop bumper, click the thumb, then close it. 3 steps instead of 1. In desktop mode on Chrome, my up and downs are back.

Technically 2, you don't /have/ to close the box after voting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aobrien5.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/martians-bring-pinside-mobile-update?tu=aobrien5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.