4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 352 posts
  • 120 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DocRotCod
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    distortion.jpg
    thumbnails.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-10-49-28.png
    147064011-617x416.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.54.14 .png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 16.42.28 .png
    VisualIssue_Fixed.png
    VisualIssue.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.41.41-637.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.38.11-161.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-31 10.37.39-725.png
    pinside-ignore-1.jpg
    popcorn-deer-2.gif
    Screen Shot 2015-05-30 at 10.45.29 AM.png
    2015-05-29 21_21_00-What happened on mobile_ - Pinside.com.jpg

There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Thinks look a little wonky in firefox on win7.

2015-05-29 21_30_09-Pinside Pinball Forum - Pinside.com.jpg
    2015-05-29 21_21_00-What happened on mobile_ - Pinside.com.jpg

What happens when you hold down CTRL and hit F5 to refresh stylesheets?

#102 4 years ago

I've been using the beta for several weeks now. The new Pinside is a huge step forward for me, since I often browse Pinside on my iPad. I quickly got used to the new layout when using my desktop. I know from all the banter in the beta subforum that this was a TON of work for Robin, and that he was very open to feedback. Well done sir!

#103 4 years ago

Where is the thread post counter?

#104 4 years ago

Getting used to it!

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I will say, the new iPhone experience is VASTLY superior to the old one, but I didn't mind the old one, Lol.
    This message posted from my phone.image.jpg

I don't know how you managed on the old one. constantly pinching and zooming was such a pain that I usually just didn't browse pinside on my phone.

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

I don't know how you managed on the old one. constantly pinching and zooming was such a pain that I usually just didn't browse pinside on my phone.

Heh. Browsing pinside takes my full attention, and full resolution.

I need to be in my chair, at my station, in my office... display lights on... toys arranged right... ice cold monster nearyby... full screen action. 100% of my attention.

When I am on mobile... lol... well... yeah. I was pinching a lot. I just avoided pinside on mobile really, but I could still use it in a pinch. It got easier on an iPhone6 for sure. lol

I just prefer to be on pinside at my computer. I have an entire area of my house built around a computer setup so I spend most of my time here.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I already tried a hard refresh. No change.

#108 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I already tried a hard refresh. No change.

What are you considering wonky? It looks fine in your screenshots or I'm missing something.

#109 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a blast from the past, converting the 16X9 aspect we've all had for years back to 4x3...maybe the next update will make it Black & White?

Just got home and looking at it on my desktop for the first time.

Yikes!

Not good. Formatting is definitely off. 4x3 and text is either tiny or huge.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Where is the thread post counter?

On a wide screen, the graphic showing post activity still shows at the top of the page. On a narrow screen this feature is entirely hidden.

Just changing how I hold the phone (tall vs wide) affects how much data is shown.

#111 4 years ago

For those that want to call out problems (especially cosmetic) please include a screen capture. If the problem is not obvious please make the snapshot.

#112 4 years ago

Not liking on the LG Ge I can barely see what I'm typing.

#113 4 years ago

Plus the auto like dislike is gone.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Click the pop cap on mobile for the buttons.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

It shows up in landscape. Taken off portrait for space reasons.

#116 4 years ago

Couple thoughts (briefly!)

1) great improvement
    2) sub forums need to go when on mobile. Waste of space / takes too long to scroll past them
    3) when on mobile, time of last post is needed. It's gone. Yet mobile still shows time when first post was made, which is off no use (too me).

Thanks for the progress!

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

3) when on mobile, time of last post is needed. It's gone. Yet mobile still shows time when first post was made, which is off no use (too me).

Tap the post count on the right and it'll slide out with more info.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

Click the pop cap on mobile for the buttons.

Before you could just click up or down, without opening the pop bumper. Wham bam thank you mam. Such is progress and I'll get used to the changes. I'm just on my phone on pinside. 100% of the time. Such is progress. Don't really need to see my exact location In the forum either..

#119 4 years ago

Thanks for leaving the desktop option in the settings. I hate mobile versions, even though I browse Pinside on a iPhone 6+.

#120 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Before you could just click up or down, without opening the pop bumper. Wham bam thank you mam. Such is progress and I'll get used to the changes. I'm just on my phone on pinside. 100% of the time. Such is progress. Don't really need to see my exact location In the forum either..

Do they show up in landscape? Obviously its about trying to make everything fit on a small screen.

#121 4 years ago

Mobile works pretty good for me on Note 2.

Couple things.

1. Don't care about post counts. Pretty useless.

2. Not sure what the underlined # does. Clicking on it does nothing in portrait or landscape.

3. The guy wearing the seat belt in the lower right, what is that? Ignore user? That would be better to locate somewhere different than next to the quotes.

4. The sub-forum list at the top can be collapsed somewhat but needs to be collapsed further into just a single line.

Haven't tried to upload images but ones that are already there work great for viewing which was a problem before the update.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

2. Not sure what the underlined # does. Clicking on it does nothing in portrait or landscape.

I think its supposed to reveal the post number/time but isn't working right.

Quoted from schudel5:

3. The guy wearing the seat belt in the lower right, what is that? Ignore user? That would be better to locate somewhere different than next to the quotes.

Report post.

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Mobile works pretty good for me on Note 2.

2 - it's a link to that specific post, handy for sharing or bookmarking.
    3 - report user.

#124 4 years ago

Can we get an option to unanchor and hide the yellow bar that says which forum you're reading? Mobile screen space is limited so I'd rather not have some of it used up by this bar telling me what forum I'm in.

Otherwise, I love the responsive design. It's very useful so far.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

Do they show up in landscape? Obviously its about trying to make everything fit on a small screen.

Yes!

Quoted from TimeBandit:

It shows up in landscape. Taken off portrait for space reasons.

#126 4 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Can we get an option to unanchor and hide the yellow bar that says which forum you're reading? Mobile screen space is limited so I'd rather not have some of it used up by this bar telling me what forum I'm in.
    Otherwise, I love the responsive design. It's very useful so far.

Note those are breadcrumbs, so you can tap them to navigate.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

What if you took that idea, and just extended it more the left, and kept the user icon shift? Quick and dirty mockup:
    pinside-posts.jpg

This please

I appreciate all the hard work that went into this and there are a ton of great improvements but the current layout looks like it isn't finished loading or something.

#128 4 years ago

Awefull. It was great as it was.

Looks very boring now.

#129 4 years ago

Just getting on for one last check before going to sleep on my phone. 1000x better layout on the phone! Great job!

#130 4 years ago

I hate to be that guy... but I really don't like this new version ..... maybe I just don't like change.

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead87:

I hate to be that guy... but I really don't like this new version ..... maybe I just don't like change.

Hah. Read the thread. Lots seem to hate change.

#132 4 years ago

Holy bleep
    The site looked hacked and my entire life came to a stand still
    Now I finally reached my nerdy 6m karma and they vanish after 4 traumatizing years of mindless gag posts.

What's a guy to do now...

At least all the smileys still work

Ps. Smartphone responsive version rocks !!!!!!!!!! Thank you mr robin.

#133 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Just got home and looking at it on my desktop for the first time.
    Yikes!
    Not good. Formatting is definitely off. 4x3 and text is either tiny or huge.

You clearly have way too many posts
    Holy cow man

#134 4 years ago

Holy cow, I just realized the karma points were gone. WTF!!! I spent like 4 hours rating games to boost that, now what?

#135 4 years ago

Is it normal for the desktop to only consume the centre of the screen with a 3in gap either side??

#136 4 years ago

I'm a man...and I can change....If I have to.......I guess. Long live Red Green!

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinhead87:

Holy cow, I just realized the karma points were gone. WTF!!! I spent like 4 hours rating games to boost that, now what?

There is a rumour that negotiations are taking place with McDonalds to redeem product for karma points eg 10000 pts=Big Mac

#138 4 years ago

Finally. Bravo! I can actually post on mobile now!

#139 4 years ago
    Quoted from wayner:

There is a rumour that negotiations are taking place with McDonalds to redeem product for karma points eg 10000 pts=Big Mac

Is it good for breakfast items too?

#140 4 years ago

I really miss the karma points, I found it was a GREAT way to determine senoritiy.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Is it good for breakfast items too?

Breakfast menu in a few hours, hang in there. Get me a sausage muffin and a bucket of coffee, 2 creams, 3 sugars.

Quoted from Coyote:

Oh, that's been changed to ALT + F4. =)

-----

Confirmed, looking great in Win7 on all major browsers, iOS and Windows Phone. I used to avoid mobile because of all the pinching but was bored tonight working on an RFO for a 3 second bounce on an OC192 in HK and was shocked (shocked I tell you!) by the new update in a very pleasant way.

#142 4 years ago

I hadn't seen it mentioned yet, but there is something wrong with the way it is calculating the length of time being a pinside member. In some cases (take Pinhead87 above) it shows 3 on the icon, but says Pinside member for 2 years (since July 2012) when you hover.

#143 4 years ago

I just noticed the three microlinks that were in the avatars are gone...I used those quite a bit for PM's and finding out who someone was.

#144 4 years ago

Robin,

As a UX Web Developer I can TOTALLY appreciate and understand what you've been doing. It's a huge undertaking and you're doing an amazing job. I'm looking forward to looking around! Thanks for all you do!

#145 4 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

Oh, that's been changed to ALT + F4. =)

D'oh!

#146 4 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I just noticed the three microlinks that were in the avatars are gone...I used those quite a bit for PM's and finding out who someone was.

Click on the user's icon. It'll open a panel (like the pop bumper and report post) with all the information you need, and more.

#147 4 years ago

Functionality on my iPhone 5s is a massive improvement....thanks Robin.

Haven't used my desktop version since, so can't comment on that.

#148 4 years ago

I love the mobile update! Sure , it may take some getting used to but it's definitely going in the right direction

#149 4 years ago

Looks and runs great on my Windows phone!

#150 4 years ago

I'll give it time to adjust but I find the desktop version with the usernames in the grey space seems odd to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 189.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 30.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    $ 47.00
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 72.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    There are 352 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside