• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Working on my sonic mars trek and I'm having trouble with the ball counter, when the game starts it shows as ball one but as soon as it kicks the ball out its like the ball index relay fires again and moves it to ball 2. Not sure what's going on here would appreciate any help.

#2 2 years ago

Are any points scored before you lanuch the ball?

#3 2 years ago

Nope just goes straight to ball 2

#4 2 years ago

This switch on the Ball Index relay is supposed to prevent that. What's that switch and the Ball Index relay itself doing after reset but before you score any points?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 2 years ago

So the ball count is resetting and then the ball index is firing. If I block the ball index relay from firing I get ball 1. So should the index relay be firing or is it happening in the wrong order.

#6 2 years ago

One (or more) of these 5 relays/switches is causing the Ball Index relay to lock on before it should. Which one(s)?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7 2 years ago

HowardR you are awesome, it was the 100's causing it, I went through it using the paper method to isolate everything and once I figured out it was the 100s I tracked that back to a switch on the playfield. Thank you so much, new to em's so I appreciate the help!

#8 2 years ago

Howard saved the day again..suprised the 100 pt relay was not triggering points though.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Howard saved the day again..suprised the 100 pt relay was not triggering points though.

Maybe because the 100 Point relay was locked on. Stepper units generally advance on the solenoid return stroke.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Maybe because the 100 Point relay was locked on. Stepper units generally advance on the solenoid return stroke.

You must be right. Maybe I should have asked if a chime coil or score relay were locked on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-trek-starts-on-ball-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.