• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by uncle_jose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 days ago

Hello to all!

I recently acquired a Mars Trek in beautiful condition but with the usual (or unusual) flaws, at first, the GI fuse is blown right after the machine is powered on. :/ Secondly, the score reels won't "score" anything.. but the score motor will work (spin when something is hit)... sigh... any ideas?

If you care, you can follow the progress of this machine on my Twitch channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333435360

I already cleaned the light sockets of the head and also cleaned up and adjusted the switches on the cabinet, my next step is to adjust and clean the switches from under the playfield but any lead on what is going on with the above issues will be great.

As usual,

Thanks to everybody!

~ja

#2 7 days ago
Quoted from uncle_jose:

I recently acquired a Mars Trek in beautiful condition but with the usual (or unusual) flaws, at first, the GI fuse is blown right after the machine is powered on. :/ Secondly, the score reels won't "score" anything.. but the score motor will work (spin when something is hit)... sigh... any ideas?

Check shorts for the GI problem, and all scoring runs thru the Player Unit so check that out.

#3 7 days ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check shorts for the GI problem, and all scoring runs thru the Player Unit so check that out.

Awesome... I'll service the unit on my next round. I'll report my progress. Thanks! As for the GI, I'm hoping to find it.

#4 4 days ago

Found the issue scoring issue! One stack of switches at one score reel wasn't properly adjusted...!

But back to the GI. I searched for the obvious and nothing out of place, but I noticed that if the fuse is on its place and if I turn on the machine, the fuse will blow... But if I place the fuse -after - the machine is on, the GI will be fine... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 26.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 63.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 55.00
$ 208.87
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside