• Latest reply 3 years ago by RyanCw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Mars-Trek-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

My mars trek will play 1 player perfect but when I i add a player after p1 ball end it stays on p1 but if I manually click it on the 2p in a 2p game it will go back to the first player after p2 ball drain.

#2 3 years ago

On a 1-player game, when ball 1 goes into the outhole after scoring points and you press the credit button, the machine should reset player 1 to start a new 1-player game. If you're manually advancing the player unit, then there would be an issue with the circuit/switches that send power to the player unit step up solenoid. Does the coin unit advance to the 2nd position when you start a 2-player game? Do you have a schematic for the machine?

https://www.ipdb.org/files/1550/Sonic_1977_Mars_Trek_Schematic_Diagram_continuous.pdf

#3 3 years ago

I just went through this on my Mars Trek. First thing to do is to make sure all contacts are clean and gaped properly. The schematic fredsmythson posted will show you that info.

On my game, the coil was firing but it just wasn't lining up to the contacts. I took the assembly apart and cleaned everything up real well as well as put new coil sleeves in. Works like butter now and I no longer have the problem. In other words, make sure it's not just dirty and gummed up too.

#4 3 years ago

Hi RyanCw
I agree with fredsmythson on "the problem is in or near the wiring to the 'Player-Unit-Step-Up-Coil" --- see the JPG: "green" is functioning - the pin does step on the ball - "brown" is functioning - stepping up on the ball makes the Player-Reset-Relay to pull in - so "blue" can function - the Player-Unit is resetted. BUT "red" is not functioning - I recommend looking at "Switch-C on the Player-Reset-Relay and the wiring to the Player-Step-Up solenoid". Greetings Rolf
0Mars-Trek-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Mars-Trek-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#5 3 years ago

Thank you for the info. I will look into the info you gave me this week and keep you guys posted on what it was or if I fix it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-trek-help?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.