10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2184.JPG

#1 10 years ago

I have a Mars Trek in great shape, but every time I push the "start" button it racks up all 4 players? I'm not sure where to even start to look for the issue. Anyone else had this issue? Or hints on where to start? Thanks

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from DiggerPSU:

I have a Mars Trek in great shape, but every time I push the "start" button it racks up all 4 players?

1 ) Check the start button and look to see that the contacts do separate.
2 ) Check the Credit relay contacts for proper gaps. < With power off manually move them and make sure the contacts do the proper function Normally closed-Normally open- or the Make and break.

#3 10 years ago

More info.

3 )Does it start off with 4 players? If thats the case then look at the coin unit (steps up for each replay 1-4) as it maybe stuck on 4 player and it doesnt reset.
A clean and lube would need to be done.
The coin unit is the one stepper on the mech. panel in closest proximity to the transformer.

IMG_2184.JPGIMG_2184.JPG
#4 10 years ago

Your issue is likely what Pin-it is talking about. I have seen the wiring harness get caught up on that assembly keeping it from moving, Also that post may be on the other side of that switch if someone tampered with it. Make sure the the post on that wheel is under the switch to the point that it can create an "open switch" situation. You can always wind that spring one more wind of it feels like theres not enough tension to natrually pull it back.

Also look in the backbox. I wish I was near my game to tell you the name, but there is a a stepper wheel unit with a million contacts that have springs on each contact. Make that that moves freely and is not getting caught up.

#5 10 years ago

Hey guys, thanks! The pin on the gear wheel was definitely on the top vs the bottom of the switch. I changed that and now it is almost perfect. I also looked at the stepper wheel in the back box, that was moving freely.
But sometimes when I try to select 2 player by pushing the start button 2 times, it jumps right to 3 players. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it does that. Any ideas why it automatically jumps from 2 player to 3 player with a single push of the start button?

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

It seems like it is just stepping down twice versus once. Take a look at your spring tension on that same unit. maybe you can pull it back to the point where it will step only once versus skip.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-trek-always-4-player and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.