(Topic ID: 181459)

Mars God of War system test #16 issue

By Troyster42

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi, I was going through some tests last night on a Mars God of War. I was at #16 test, that tests for the lamps. There were a couple lamps tested, and then it got to the coil that puts the ball in play. It just kept on the coil and never moved on to anything else, it just kept pulsing it.One time it actually locked it and I had to turn off the machine. Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? Any help will be appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

Well I'm home and tried this again. The back lights on the head turn on and off 3 times, then some lights on the field come on and then under the playing filed around the coin door I hear some noise. After that the gate and the ball release fire almost the same time, then they release and keep repeating. I am looking at the schematics (still learning here) I also have an issue with the Q rely not engaging, I can do it manually and the colis fire and then with alligator clips touch Q1 and it fires. I see the one lead the emmitor I think is connected to both solenoids that keep firing among some other lamps. I'm not sure if that could be the issue or not. Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Well, I have been working on this and I found that on the driver board I found that Q1, Q3, Q4 and Q42 are bad. While I was waiting on parts I decided to do the Ground mods with all of the boards. I took the power supply board out to sand the heat sink. This board had some work done and said "OK" in 2012. I figured some work was done as you can see the main transistor has been resoldered. I looked and it still has the old 30 Ohm resistor in it. I also found that the main transistor is shorted to the heat sink. So now I am waiting on more parts to get the power supply board in shape. Hoping that this solves the problem, the only thing I still cant figure out yet is why the lamp cycle would start out then get to the ramp and ball release and then keep repeating. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the parts and be able to test.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-god-of-war-system-test-16-issue?tu=Troyster42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.