HPIM0682_(resized).JPG
20151129_093943.jpg
20151129_093954.jpg
20151129_084203.jpg
20151129_084154.jpg
20151125_075905.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hello,
I brought a MGOW back to life. It was outside, on the porch of an antique store in VA. We love this game and play it just about every day.
The only thing is the inner backglass is missing the warrior dude. Without him, I just don't feel like I'm engaged in battle with a worthy interstellar opponent. Dispite the taunting of the robotic voice, the machine has no face.
I see the posts of folks with the same problems, and the progress that folks have made artfully recreating the backglass, and I want in!
It would be great to have an original. It would be nice to buy a reproduction, but I would settle for an image of the backglass to attempt my own printing.
Thanks for any input. A faceless GOW needs your help.

#2 8 years ago

20151125_075905.jpg20151125_075905.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Unobtanium, or so I've been told.

#4 8 years ago

The last one I heard about sold for $350. That inner backglass is the most valuable part of MGOW machine. I have never seen one for sale and never had one to sell but I know the one I am talking about was a friend to friend favor and seller really didn't even want to let it go for the $350 but had to help a friend out.

A glass that should be reproduced for sure!

#5 8 years ago

I have a nice one in a currently non-working game, but as others have said it is pretty much the most valuable part in the game.

Would consider selling the glass but that would ultimately mean the game gets parted out, which is something I am kind of against (hate to see games die).

#6 8 years ago

I totally understand not wanting to part it out. Definately fix that machine up! its a great game and with the backglass would be a gem.I was really hoping there would be a photoshop file or AI floating around out there that someone could e-mail me to [email protected].

#7 8 years ago

I just sent you the art files that I used to print mine. I will try to find the printer I used also.
Steve

#9 8 years ago

I saw the tnt video where he showed a Mars with repro, but it's a piece of plastic. Looked ok when installed though and better than nothing.

#10 8 years ago

I will be happy with a plastic reproduction. I really appreciate all the input. flake especially. I will upload photos of the machine when the back(plastic)glass is finished. Happy thanksgiving!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Someone did a very limited repo run not too long ago. If you do some searching, you may be able to dig up who made them. I think Todd at TNT did a special video on it.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&q=mgow+inner+backglass+reproduced&gws_rd=ssl
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8q=mgow+inner+backglass+reproduced&gws_rd=ssl#hl=en-US&q=mgow+inner+backglass+reproduction

Can you please supply the contact info for where to buy one of these reproductions? My inner glass has almost flaked away completely.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can you please supply the contact info for where to buy one of these reproductions? My inner glass has almost flaked away completely.

Go to 4:00 in the video. Looks like Fred Swemmer (of swemmer electronics) reproduced a limited number of plexiglass ones. Probably long gone at this point, though.

#13 8 years ago

BGresto.com can help too. though it's a different animal, not quite the same as the original, it works pretty well. Especially if you have nothing.

#14 8 years ago

I've been looking for half a year. To get an original you have to either hot the lottery or raid it from another game.

#15 8 years ago

Has anyone contacted Fred Swemmer?

#16 8 years ago

I contacted one of the people who did a batch of theses plastic repros. Don't know of it was swimmer or someone else. They told me they weren't interested in doing another run and that I should watch eBay as they still pop up from time to time. Haven't found one since that conversation. So time to time is a relatively long time.

#17 8 years ago

I've only ever seen one inner glass being sold by itself, and it wasn't even in great condition, either. It still went for a ridiculous sum.

#18 8 years ago

I have the backglass...I might attempt to modify it with a reproduced image...I haven't quite decided. So many of these are destroyed due to the image flaking off (like mine) but a great many more were destroyed from the clip design. I will post pictures of the results. I really appreciate the feedback and help I've recieved from this forum! Not just for MGOW but from the other machines I restored...pinside .....you are a lifesaver.

#19 8 years ago

20151129_084154.jpg20151129_084154.jpg

#20 8 years ago

20151129_084203.jpg20151129_084203.jpg

#21 8 years ago

B+W mach up20151129_093954.jpg20151129_093954.jpg

#22 8 years ago

20151129_093943.jpg20151129_093943.jpg

2 months later
#23 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveF-Detroit:

I just sent you the art files that I used to print mine. I will try to find the printer I used also.
Steve

Hi Steve, would it be possible to email me that file as well? I took my inner glass off for safety and put it in an unheated room, I guess the applique cracked, and it just rolled up. I don't know if I could actually just re-glue it back down until someone makes something better.

HPIM0682_(resized).JPGHPIM0682_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#24 7 years ago

I can send you the files Monday when I get to work. Pm me your email address. this is the finished product. Looks pretty good and you should be able to print it for about $25.
Steve

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Can you send me the files as well? I have an idea…
PM if you want...

#26 7 years ago

I'd really like the files as well please, if that's at all possible? Mine is shot, major flaking has occurred.

#27 7 years ago

I'm serious…i can make these….

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm serious…i can make these….

I'd like to see this happen. Keep us posted!

#29 7 years ago

I just need high rez files.

2 months later
#31 7 years ago

Printed it out....but the local printer had to do it on 2 pieces,so there is some overlap....you can see it at the top a little.....Ito good for now....I'll do another attempt later.

1464221124420-955200287_(resized).jpg1464221124420-955200287_(resized).jpg

1 year later
#33 6 years ago

Hello selektor6 are you still able to make these via the printer? Or supply the files for local printing? I have a game, last owner broke the backglass putting it back in. Any help from the thread would be appreciated, doesn't have to be perfect, just anything over that white

Thanks,

Didj

5 years later
#34 6 months ago

Bump.. me needs the files if they’re still kicking around?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Macungie, PA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-god-of-war-inner-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.