Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Cherga
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I just picked up a MGOW that has been apparently sitting for 10 years unused. Got it home, checked fuses which were surprisingly all good and the correct values. Gave it a once over and not seeing anything glaringly obvious that looked out of sorts, I plugged it in and turned it on. The machine coins up, starts a game, a couple of solenoids fire and that’s it. “Prepare for battle” is spoken and lamps are lit but none of the switches and solenoids do anything. I performed the ground mods, cleaned up the connectors and contacts on the boards and still have the same result. Power supply is good and voltages are spot on. Bridge rectifiers in cabinet all test good, Original Orange cabinet capacitor has been replaced. Both Driver and MPU have had repairs done at some point... transistors on the driver and Z2 on the MPU has been socketed and replaced. Not sure where to go from here and am hoping some sys80 gurus can offer some suggestions. Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

I assume you have all the balls in the correct places in the ball trough and the outhole? My Black Hole when it boots up sometimes likes to kick out a ball into the shooter lane and basically does the same thing until I put the balls back where they belong then the game starts properly. My Mars had the Gottlieb thunk too until I swapped the driver board enough times to find one that didn't have that problem.
Could also be a bad RIOT or one of the switch matrix ics is bad on the mpu. There is not really a one size fits all solution to working on system 80. Sounds like you are on the right track so far. My recommendation with system 80 is stockpile boards and other machines, make things much easier.

1 week later
#3 3 years ago

The balls are in the correct places in the trough. I replaced U4 which is the switch matrix RIOT with no success, still doing the same thing.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

The balls are in the correct places in the trough.

do the game 'recognise' that the balls are there, did you check the through switch in the switch testroutine?

#5 3 years ago

Yes, the trough switch is recognized and the test routine shows all switches fine with a 99 on display. Lamp test cycles through correctly and so does the solenoid test. Z11, 12, 13, 14 and 33 all test good. I have noticed that when it starts the game, the trough switch solenoid doesn’t not kick the ball into the shooter lane however it tests fine in the test routine.

Anyone?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-god-of-war-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.