20220216_174244 (resized).jpg
973AD181-9E60-4B92-A516-BD00A511B84B (resized).jpeg
D333877E-0C53-402D-989D-387B07334660 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
94438B11-14D2-4B9D-998C-21184C01AF9F (resized).jpeg
310F8730-FE15-447D-AA12-0C45257FB7B4 (resized).jpeg
4420397E-7D64-4AC1-9154-77D175A972CB (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I have a Ni Wumpf MPU and driver board in my Mars. Is the ramp coil supposed to be held on during attract (meaning the ramp is in the up position)? It seems to drop when it's supposed to in gameplay

I have the NiWumpf MK2 CPU in my Mars, and the ramp holds in attract mode to. I don't think it's hurting anything. I've left the game in attract mode with the ramp holding then checked the coil and it wasn't super hot or anything.

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

So I've been working down more in the rec room lately. Got all 3 of my pins running pretty well at this point, it's mostly just adjustments now (and I still haven't figured out no sound on the Mars yet.)
The question I have though is, with the flipper rebuild I already did on the Mars, the machines flippers still feel so anemic compared to the Williams sys 6a and 7 that I own. I've only made the stargate ramp shot once and that was from the upper right flipper. the lower right flipper feels like it's just that extra bit of distance away and the ball only ever seems to make its way up half the ramp. Coils are new too, maybe 100 plays (model as per manual, A-20095 I think it was?). Is that just how this machine rolls since it's so much bigger than a standard cab?

My MGOW has the 20095 coils and they are almost to strong. At least once a game if the ball hits one of the posts behind the center drop target bank the ball will fly up and hit the glass or jump back into the shooter lane. The 20095 is a strong coil. Did you replace the cabinet switches also?

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

the ball only ever seems to make its way up half the ramp.

Legs? What angle your playfield at?

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from REGNE:

Legs? What angle your playfield at?

I think it's at about 6.25 degrees, that ramp shot Is a hard one to make. I think the ball hitting the spinner first before it starts up the ramp kills the momentum a little bit. Does your spinner spin freely? Your right though, even with the 20095 coils you gotta hit that shot perfectly to make it up the ramp.

#255 1 year ago

Just asking because mine is raked pretty good. Difficult to get up the ramp for me too. Maybe hit that shot only a handful of times myself.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from REGNE:

Just asking because mine is raked pretty good. Difficult to get up the ramp for me too. Maybe hit that shot only a handful of times myself.

They should have put the spinner behind the ramp instead of in front of it. That far shot combined with the spinner killing the momentum and how steep the ramp is makes it a difficult shot.

#257 1 year ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

So I've been working down more in the rec room lately. Got all 3 of my pins running pretty well at this point, it's mostly just adjustments now (and I still haven't figured out no sound on the Mars yet.)
The question I have though is, with the flipper rebuild I already did on the Mars, the machines flippers still feel so anemic compared to the Williams sys 6a and 7 that I own. I've only made the stargate ramp shot once and that was from the upper right flipper. the lower right flipper feels like it's just that extra bit of distance away and the ball only ever seems to make its way up half the ramp. Coils are new too, maybe 100 plays (model as per manual, A-20095 I think it was?). Is that just how this machine rolls since it's so much bigger than a standard cab?

Its a hard shot on my machine also but I also don't want it to be too easy and have Mars turn into something like Space Shuttle. I'm also not an ace pinball player but If memory serves I messed with the flippers and playfield level of Mars more than any other game I have owned to get it to where I like it.

#258 1 year ago

Hey everyone! I just thought I'd welcome myself to the forum. I just finished a complete restoration on my Mars, took it down to bare wood and re painted everything. It turned out way better than I was hoping. Here's some pics

20220923_155159.jpg20220923_155159.jpg20220923_155205.jpg20220923_155205.jpg20220923_155212.jpg20220923_155212.jpg20220923_155225.jpg20220923_155225.jpg

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from gottlieb_fanatic:

Hey everyone! I just thought I'd welcome myself to the forum. I just finished a complete restoration on my Mars, took it down to bare wood and re painted everything. It turned out way better than I was hoping. Here's some pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! Nice job!

#260 1 year ago
Quoted from pin-ball1958:

Looks great! Nice job!

Thanks!!

#261 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The side Rails and lock down bar came out sweet. "Prepare For Battle"
-Mike

#262 1 year ago

So looks like I'm currently running around 5 degrees for the slope. I'm starting to wonder if I need to go through the rebuild on the lower right flipper and see if I can't free it up a little more. Every once in a while that flipper will kind of stick on the way back down.

PXL_20221001_173032144 (resized).jpgPXL_20221001_173032144 (resized).jpg
Also. The spaceship looks way better in the game in white compared to gray.

2 weeks later
#263 1 year ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

So looks like I'm currently running around 5 degrees for the slope. I'm starting to wonder if I need to go through the rebuild on the lower right flipper and see if I can't free it up a little more. Every once in a while that flipper will kind of stick on the way back down.
[quoted image]
Also. The spaceship looks way better in the game in white compared to gray.

Where did you get the spaceship from?

#264 1 year ago

This is what most of us get,it's a great match.
-Mike

ebay.com link: itm

Screenshot_20221024-081112_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20221024-081112_Firefox.jpg
#265 1 year ago

3D modelled and then printed in resin. The one I have painted on the machine I did in a single piece with the stand. Holding up fine so far as I have it floating a little bit so if a fly ball whack it there's some give. I have since revised the model to be a 2 piece with the support separate and a peg to friction fit the ship on top. Should work better and you could vary the degree the ship is banking with different stands. Just haven't printed another one since I'm not sure where or if I'd add another spaceship to the table. Contemplating putting one near the upper left flipper to cover up that super exposed GI bulb.

Those Star Wars ones look like a really good match too, I wonder if back in the day Lucasfilm didn't go after Gottlieb for copyright.

#266 1 year ago

So I'm finally getting around to getting my mgow up and running and looking nice and I'm having a rough time finding the outer back glass. I've tried Mayfair and no luck, anyone know who else might have one?

#267 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

So I'm finally getting around to getting my mgow up and running and looking nice and I'm having a rough time finding the outer back glass. I've tried Mayfair and no luck, anyone know who else might have one?

Good luck, so many have fallen out and been smashed. You can try making one yourself off of prints or I saw there is someone that makes a foul to apply to the glass.
-Mike

Here is the link.
https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/Backglasses.html

#268 1 year ago

I've seen the outer glass go up for sale every once in a while. More common I'd say since it's the inners that have the sketchy mounting points that make things go smash.

Also, has anyone tried these or a similar ball that's lighter than standard in a Mars?

https://shop.modmypin.com/index.php

With the slower pace of a widebody, I wonder if they would hold up fine in a Mars?

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

I've seen the outer glass go up for sale every once in a while. More common I'd say since it's the inners that have the sketchy mounting points that make things go smash.
Also, has anyone tried these or a similar ball that's lighter than standard in a Mars?
https://shop.modmypin.com/index.php
With the slower pace of a widebody, I wonder if they would hold up fine in a Mars?

Shay arcade group has MGOW listed under their group of upcoming backglasses. Maybe we'll finally have a new glass available to buy.

2 months later
#270 1 year ago

Has anyone ever changed the resistor value in the Aux lamp board for the infinity lights? I put Leds in there and they chase a bit fast for my liking, I was wondering what value resistor I should use to slow them down.

#271 1 year ago

Has anyone ever changed the resistor value in the Aux lamp board for the infinity lights? I put Leds in there and they chase a bit fast for my liking, I was wondering what value resistor I should use to slow them down.

I put a 1 MOhm pot in my Black Hole chase light board, & I can adjust the speed to my fickle whims.

See BH thread. Posted maybe a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks,
Jason

#272 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I put a 1 MOhm pot in my Black Hole chase light board, & I can adjust the speed to my fickle whims.
See BH thread. Posted maybe a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks,
Jason

Gotcha thanks!

8 months later
#273 6 months ago

There was word a few months back on this thread that there was someone making a reproduction backglass for MGOW. Anyone here anything recently?

#274 6 months ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

There was word a few months back on this thread that there was someone making a reproduction backglass for MGOW. Anyone here anything recently?

Shay arcade group still has MGOW listed on up coming back glasses. It's been like that for a while.

#275 6 months ago

Shay arcade group still has MGOW listed on up coming back glasses. It's been like that for a while.

I just saw their new BH mirrored glass at York and it looked great. Hopefully now that they've made one infinity glass that'll clear the way for Mars

#276 6 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I just saw their new BH mirrored glass at York and it looked great. Hopefully now that they've made one infinity glass that'll clear the way for Mars

hope so! My mars needs one bad!

4 months later
#277 47 days ago

Hey! We're having a problem with a MGOW at our arcade. Almost every time you flip or hit a bumper or sling, it gives you 10 points.

Now unfortunately we don't seem to have the manual so I can't check which switches give that amount, but something in there definitely does that.

Any suggestions on which one it could be?

#278 47 days ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Hey! We're having a problem with a MGOW at our arcade. Almost every time you flip or hit a bumper or sling, it gives you 10 points.
Now unfortunately we don't seem to have the manual so I can't check which switches give that amount, but something in there definitely does that.
Any suggestions on which one it could be?

Switch matrix incase it helps.
-Mike

Screenshot_20240307_100037_Drive~2.jpgScreenshot_20240307_100037_Drive~2.jpg
#279 47 days ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Switch matrix incase it helps.
-Mike
[quoted image]

Thank you! It was the one under the bumpers, none of the 10 pt switches were working!

#280 46 days ago
Quoted from LePopHumper:

Thank you! It was the one under the bumpers, none of the 10 pt switches were working!

I've had that issue on my mars before. All the 10 point switches are daisy chained together so if one of them gets stuck closed it makes all of them not work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 280 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mars-god-of-war-club-n-tech-emporium/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.