Topic Stats

• 224 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 days ago by vipe155
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 159 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
0280 (resized).jpg
IMG_4462 (resized).JPG
IMG_4465 (resized).JPG
Captured (resized).JPG
Capturec (resized).JPG
20200919_193950 (resized).jpg
20200919_193934 (resized).jpg
20200919_193943 (resized).jpg
104699226_10158170854840937_1064196596439209564_o (resized).jpg
105685095_10158170849840937_5763527669607989986_o (resized).jpg
hack (resized).jpg
Capture1 (resized).JPG

There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 months ago

So the latest development for me. I've finally got the transistor and coil replaced and working for my multi-ball. The 'flash' lights on the launch lane don't flash when they're supposed to though. It's not even something I'd thought of before because I guess I'm dense. I knew the launch lane itself didn't work so I guess I just never thought to really look at the lights involved but they don't work apparently. Bulbs are good I took them out and tested them. All the connections underboard look good. Checked the connection to the driver board and it looks fine. Any ideas?

#202 3 months ago

It's kind of funny that we're both working on the same area of our machines at the same time. I finished up assembling the multiball kicker on mine too. Still didn't work so I followed that sketchup I did on my previous post. For both the stargate ramp and the multiball kicker I used the MJ2955 since the original transistors aren't really available and seem be a problem to begin with. I also did that 4.7k pullup resistor for both circuits. They're working great, I finally have multiball and the stargate ramp working!

badjoe82 Is that the blue insert you're talking about that's not flashing? I noticed mine did a dim flash when the mode first started but it soon went normal after that. I'm running the Pascal board though so might be a little different. If you're talking about the LED's on the tube, that totally threw me for a loop yesterday! I was like "Why are you not working now!!" Then I dug into it and realized those are supposed to be turned off when the ramp is up which I now have working.

On a side note now that I have the game mostly working now... What kind of scores do you people get on this game? Is rolling the scoreboard a thing on Mars? The last thing I needed to get was a new sound board since the one in the machine is toasted to the point it's not really worth fixing with all the lifted traces on it. While I was talking to Swemmer about the sound board he mentioned he's doing 7 digit displays. Worthwhile on a Mars?

#203 3 months ago

Well we suck so we managed to beat the default 440 by getting like 478 but that’s as good as we’ve done. lol

As for the lights both the insert and the whites under the plastic that are way poised to flash all 3 aren’t working.

#204 3 months ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

What kind of scores do you people get on this game? Is rolling the scoreboard a thing on Mars?

In time you will roll it twice! Yes 2 mil plus.
Very addictive machine for me.
-Mike

#205 3 months ago

Hi,
I used to love this game when I was a teenager (actualy this is the first machine I played on).
Many moons laters, I bought myself a Mars, and it's nothing that I remembered.
This is a drain machine!
Really painfull and frustrated to play with.
Usually a 3 balls 2mn game.
And sometimes, it lets you play few minutes more, but this is rare (my highscore is +800000, but average is 50000 at best)
How come this machine is so mean and different than the Mars I used to play in my teen years?

#206 3 months ago
Quoted from hitcher:

Hi,
I used to love this game when I was a teenager (actualy this is the first machine I played on).
Many moons laters, I bought myself a Mars, and it's nothing that I remembered.
This is a drain machine!
And sometimes, it lets you play few minutes more, but this is rare (my highscore is +800000, but average is 50000 at best)
How come this machine is so mean and different than the Mars I used to play in my teen years?

Mars God of War, the game you love... To hate. It's the brutal gameplay that keeps me coming back to this ,I love the challenge. It's no coincidence it's game number 666. It can be a beast.

#207 3 months ago
Quoted from hitcher:

This is a drain machine!

Could be a number of things. Bad memory on your part of it being easier than you think. There are a number of settings to make the game more difficult or friendly and there are even some different post placements to make the machine more conservative or liberal. Mine can be damned mean. The right war base tends to release it's multi ball and unless you give the machine a gentle shake it flies straight down the damn hole, lol!

#208 3 months ago

Right, you're coming back because you want to beat him (and it's pretty easy when it lets you play more than 2mn) but this is the most frustrating machine I ever played, and I mean THIS machine, not this game.

I'm pretty sure the one I played in my teens wasn't that mean because I woudn't be able to afford to play it.
Today with free play it's ok to lose after 2mn, not when you're spending your pocket money.

I noticed too the right capture can be evil. To fix it (sort of) you must be sure the machine is perfectly leveled.
After, it, it's OK: it still happens, but only sometimes.

I saw on the manual you can move 2 posts to make it more or less difficult, but what kind of other settings are you talking about?

#209 3 months ago

Scoring settings about at what points levels the 3/4x bonuses and things light up for scoring. Of course you could go 5 ball too, or activate the last chance and extra ball features. Or at least that's what it sounds like from reading the manual. I've read it 3 times and still can't figure out which scoring cards go with which settings. Mind you this is my first machine ever and I'm still struggling on a lot of things.

#210 3 months ago

I thought you were talking about settings to make it less mean, not settings to rise score faster.

Mine is set at 300 000 and 3 balls.
As I said before it's pretty easy to beat, as long it lets you play more than 2mn a play!
Usually mine lets me touch first ball once, none for the second, and 4 or 5 times the last ball
Sometime I can play more, and then it's enjoyable as score is rising fast (especially with Hyperforce II) .

#211 3 months ago

Ya know, now that you've brought this up. Mine didn't come with scorecards at all. I found a set on I think it was IPDB but have no idea how to tell which cards to use with the game. I've got it set to 3 balls and replays instead of extra balls but how do you know what the points limit for the replay is? There are cards in that set for 300, 350, 400, 450 and 500.

#212 3 months ago

You'd have to set your adjustments to match the card. Or adjust the card to match your adjustments

#213 3 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You'd have to set your adjustments to match the card. Or adjust the card to match your adjustments

Which adjustments though? There's no guide as to what the adjustments set that scoring to in the manual. Like I said mine is set to max 8 credit, 3 ball, match feature, single replay, normal mode, , replay, playfield special and both 31/32 set to liberal.

#214 3 months ago
Quoted from badjoe82:

Which adjustments though? There's no guide as to what the adjustments set that scoring to in the manual. Like I said mine is set to max 8 credit, 3 ball, match feature, single replay, normal mode, , replay, playfield special and both 31/32 set to liberal.

section VII-D on page 11

#215 3 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

section VII-D on page 11

Thank you and also, I’m an idiot.

#216 3 months ago
Quoted from badjoe82:

Ya know, now that you've brought this up. Mine didn't come with scorecards at all. I found a set on I think it was IPDB but have no idea how to tell which cards to use with the game. I've got it set to 3 balls and replays instead of extra balls but how do you know what the points limit for the replay is? There are cards in that set for 300, 350, 400, 450 and 500.

I have a full set of cards in a file on my website http://www.inkochnito.nl
Including the recommended score levels card.

#217 3 months ago

Question for the peanut gallery. What is a better company; Ni-Wumpf or Rotten Dog?

I ask because my driver board is no end of headaches and I think I'm going to buy a new one to replace. I've heard people say things about RD products being not great; but am curious to opinions? Anybody have experience with both?

#218 3 months ago

When I replaced the power supply, MPU and driver boards on my Mars ~5 years ago it was a toss up between the Swemmer boards and the Pascal all in one. In the end I went with the Pascal since I liked the idea of completely eliminating the need for the Gottlieb ground mod. (Also from what I gather on the Pascal site, their boards are easier for you to modify your machines to use 7 digit displays)

My sound was still the original board though and it has something like 30 lifted traces and as many jumpers on it from some previous owner/repairman. Decided that was a lost cause so checked in with Swemmer for his sound board rather than order and ship from France during covid. Just had the sound board arrive today and it looks pretty good.

That leads me to a question for everyone here. I've got sound working on the machine for the first time ever on my machine. It seems to be missing one part though.... The sound effects from hitting targets etc as well as the speech seem to be working fine. What isn't working though is the background music/tone. Anyone got a recommendation on where I should look to see why this isn't working? Machine has a new Pascal all in one board plus the Swemmer sound board. I rebuilt the sound power supply (Although I couldn't find a 4800uF cap for it so went with a 4700uf). I'm wondering though, on stock machines does the software have a setting/is there a jumper on the MPU to turn off the background sound? If so I'm guessing Pascal did the same on the all in one board and it might be turned off?

I'm attaching a pic Swemmer sent my way when I was emailing him about the sound board. Maybe give him an email and see what his price is for the driver board badjoe82

0280 (resized).jpg
#219 3 months ago

Background sound is a dip switch on the sound board

2 weeks later
#220 82 days ago

Been about a month, right? So, naturally it's time for a problem to crop up. Been playing just fine; no problems and then starting yesterday the game doesn't want to boot. Turn it on, I get playfield and backbox GI along with the tracers. Top 4 displays don't light. The bottom credit display shows a zero and after a while will turn off but the game itself never boots. Fuses good, connections tight, power supply still good. Confused. Any ideas?

3 weeks later
#221 57 days ago

I just picked up a Mars God of War and have a similar issue with the displays. Game boots up. GI lights all work. Top four displays and credit display are out. Anyone have similar issues? Thanks in advance.

#222 57 days ago
Quoted from Clintonian:

Top four displays and credit display are out.

Sounds like your missing display voltages. Start at the cord. Work your way through the fuses, bridges, replace the old orange filter cap. then up to the power supply to make sure you've got all of the voltages.

If voltages are all good. report back. do not unplug any connectors with the power on. especially the ones that go out to the displays.

#223 54 days ago

Replaced power cord, removed Data Sentry battery and replaced, replaced fuse block, reflowed solder on header pins, added 5V and ground mods to wire harness. Voltages at mpu are solid. After checking board contacts and reconnecting harnesses the game booted up and played two balls before reseting. Issue with the large driver board harness! Glad that the problem is found

2 weeks later
#224 35 days ago

Can anyone help me out and let me know what the prop channel/playfield lift assembly hardware is for attaching it to the cabinet bracket? I'm putting back together my game, and though I took a ton of pictures inevitably I've missed a few things :/. I'm not sure which screw attaches the arm, and whether it uses a washer or anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 52.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 6.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 82.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 224 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside