djentor I'd guess for your credit display issue the best bet is there's a toast IC on the display board. The BCD chips are probably fine but something is telling them to count higher. Get a logic probe and the wiring diagram for that one. Find the inputs for the BCD chip and check the outputs in reference to the datasheet for the numbers you're getting. Then check that the inputs are the same. If they don't match, the BCD chips are shot. If they match, go upstream and keep going until you find the problem. I just replaced the transistors and caps on my stargate tube animator board and it was still not working. Did the equivalent with mine and in the end confirmed the board is fine.
Which sort of goes on to my next question for everyone here. Has anyone ever had an issue where all the LED's on their stargate tube were fried? Once I rebuilt my animator board and it still didn't work, I moved on to checking the LED strip itself. Gave an LED 3v as per the datasheets for those old LED's and nothing. Tried the rest of them too, same thing, they are all toast as best I can tell. I should add that the resistor (47 ohm I think it was, can't remember don't have the schematic in front of me) was really crispy. It was burnt looking before I bought the machine for that matter. Digi-Key still sells those LED's so I'm figuring on replacing them all but at the same time.... Has anyone else had this happen on their machine where something fried all the LED's and crispified the 1/2W resistor. (Also take note, the Gottlieb schematic lists that resistor as 1/2 watt on one spot and 1/4 watt on another spot on the SAME PAGE!)
djentor I had a really sticky flipper too before I rebuilt all of the flippers. It was bad enough that the sticky one didn't reach the end of stroke switch so combine that with the other flipper on the same button that did hit the EOS as well as a pop bumper triggering on the same circuit and I was blowing fuses all the time. Fixed now, flippers working great!
I'm attaching a couple pics of the last thing I modeled for the Mars. I don't have access to any of those Black Hole glass mounts so designed my own. I think I'm going to get the dremel out so I can chisel a bit more out of the back back so I can get the bottom mount a little lower without needed to print it thinner. Other than that, I had to do some sanding on the hinge side to get a chamfer for the hinge movement. Already revised the 3D model but decided not to waste any resin and just sanded the ones I'm using on my machine.
Oh and be careful ordering those polycarbonate tubes off Amazon. My original is all scratched up so I ordered one. for the 1 1/2" ones, it bumps the wall thickness up to 1/8" instead of 1/16" which I failed to notice. Should still work just fine but I may need to get the dremel out and do some grooves where the tube attaches to the metal ramp.
Capture1 (resized).JPGDSC_0493 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPGDSC_0494 (resized).JPG