(Topic ID: 254921)

Married, Single, Divorced. Poll and stories.

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Married, single or divorced?”

• married 355 votes
    73%
  • single 68 votes
    14%
  • divorced 40 votes
    8%
  • widowed/widower 10 votes
    2%
  • steady relationship 10 votes
    2%

(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B0C4DE0D9FF4B868132750F09C3B007 (resized).jpg
4D0DF2A5-284E-4BC1-832D-3B1BA0DE95E6 (resized).jpeg
70586FB9-72B8-47C3-BF42-22632013BE14 (resized).jpeg
A1ACBDEB-F9F5-41A0-AB1A-E2A5D5B015D5 (resized).jpeg
C3DA93BE-F6BD-41B1-97DB-252BBFEB76C1.gif
imdn (resized).jpeg
M5 (resized).jpeg
M4 (resized).jpeg
M3 (resized).jpeg
M2 (resized).jpeg
M1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7329 (resized).jpg
20160328_111208 (resized).jpg
familyday (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1573660053230 (resized).jpg
IMG_2539 (resized).jpg

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

So far I have never been married. Sometimes I think about it with a great girlfriend like I have now, but I have been single my entire life(over 50 years), and kind of glad I have never been married, mainly from hearing about friends stories about divorce.

Anyway, in the comments here it is always cool to read a Pinsider talking about how awesome their wife is, and she loves pins, and going to let more in the house.

And funny to read comments about a Pinsider hiding a pin at a buddies house or whatever because no more pins allowed in the house with his wife.

Anyway, do some venting and hopefully tell us some funny stories!

#2 4 years ago

No venting here...together 22 years...married 16...the only key is to NOT SETTLE...you have to genuinely love each other which is a very rare thing...you have to fight tooth and nail for each other...only then will you make it............Joey

1786F533-181F-4359-9C74-0E26302E6912 (resized).jpeg1786F533-181F-4359-9C74-0E26302E6912 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

the only key is to NOT SETTLE...you have to genuinely love each other which is a very rare thing...you have to fight tooth and nail for each other...only then will you make it

Very awesome advice. I will remember that as I think about where I am heading.

By any chance do you know Larry Silver? One of my best friends and he currently has a couple book stores in a mall in Buffalo.

#4 4 years ago

It has always been a little odd that all my friends end up being like me, single and self employed.

I try to make friends with people I think I have stuff in common with, and it seems like guys wives never want to be around and a good bond never happens.

I am not a wild and crazy party animal or anything, but it has always seemed that wives cancel any plans I try to make with them and their husband(my friend).

#5 4 years ago

Most satisfying 115 lbs I ever lost.

Came off easy, too!

#6 4 years ago

Single... Which is why my home is what my family calls an arcade... I have 7 pinball machines and I have 10 arcade1ups... Lets not dump on the arcade1ups. I upgraded my 12 in 1 and it plays while not arcade perfect... I enjoy them. Got the new star wars cab and it is FUN! and that is a rare arcade game to find, so I really like my unit.

#7 4 years ago

If asked if married one of my friends says "I had a wife once, but her husband came and got her".

He is joking and jokes all the time but I seen first hand how a woman he really loved just left him after a motorcycle crash and he was messed up for a little while. His next girlfriend was all over the spectrum. 5 dogs in his house(I love dogs but that is too much), and even cutting his grass and cleaning his gutters. But social...….hell no, even going out to eat she was in a world of her own on her cell messing with fb family stuff.

He finally had all he could handle with her. Cell phones mess up a lot of people anymore.

#8 4 years ago

I still have my Dig Dug I purchased in 1987. It never gets played anymore, and I would sell it possibly. If it was taking space a pin could sit in it would be gone, but not in the way and I figure someday I may turn it on again.

As far as my girlfriend, she loves playing pinball and sometimes she beats me because I am not that great.

She has said that I just let her win that game. My response is sometimes I will have a bad game, but I have never just let anyone win, and I will never do that. That is 100% true, she knows it now, so 20% of the time when she does win it gives her a lot more satisfaction I think.

And when I have joint pains and just can not play anymore I tell her she can keep playing I am in pain and done, and she will play a few more games before she hits the off button.

#9 4 years ago

My wife and I started dating in 1995 and got married in 2002. She is an amazing woman, wife, and mother. I feel lucky every single day. She could give zero shits about pinball, but likes that I enjoy pinball.

If you are in the same ballpark in regards to the biggies- money, kids, politics (to a lesser degree), quality time, and religion, you will be just fine.

My advice to anyone thinking about getting married and having kids- live with each other first and deprive yourself of sleep for a solid month.... if you don’t murder each other over the smallest/dumbest things, you will probably be fine.

#10 4 years ago

Nothing like being married to your best friend......... Not saying its always easy but for me Id have it no there way . There are always lines that can never be crossed whether in an argument or real life. Better to walk away at that point .Twenty seven together and eighteen married.
IMG_9386 (resized).jpgIMG_9386 (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago

Seen both sides. I married young in a knee jerk reaction and was divorced within a year (no kids). Swore I would never remarry because I didn't want to go through it again. She was a dispicable person.

I have been remarried for coming up on thirteen years to someone I could not live without. She makes me better, and that's not easy. She supports all of my ridiculous loves (pinball, cars etc) because they make me happy. It's how it should be, in my opinion. We have a son that is smarter than me, better looking and has his mom's huge heart. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.

#12 4 years ago

Know my wife since we were 17, been together ever since and are married since '97. She totally supports the hobby and is cool with all, even helps me to get the pins up the stairs onto the attic. She's like a little ant carrying things heavier than her own weight.

#13 4 years ago

I love to read happy stories. I "was" married 16 years to the most incredible woman to ever grace this earth. I could literally write a book about how life can beat the happiness out of anyone.
All I can say guys is make a moment just for her every chance you can. And above all remember what may feel petty and stupid to you means something to her. A woman can feel loved but if she doesn't feel respected it's only a matter of time and you'll lose her. Instead of playing pinball to have fun, you'll be playing it to forget even if for a brief moment.

#14 4 years ago

I met my husband in 1993, and we had some rough times during the dating phase which actually made us a stronger couple once we resolved them. We give each other a lot of room to go do things that make us happy—I travel all over and go to concerts and pinball shows, while he works really hard on a personal animated film and on his garden railway. Some people thought we were crazy for doing so much apart, but it helps us enjoy each other’s company more when we are together bc we don’t resent each other for keeping us away from what we love or alternatively forcing us to do stuff we hate.

#15 4 years ago

Hi,

I have been married for 25 years... A woman I was in relation during 30 years... I'm a dreamer, but she was so pragmatic, not liking what I was... She tried so hard to change me in time... I'm a fan for Pins, Marvel comics and Role playing games (AD&D you know). All these passions take spaces and time.

I tried so hard to love her, have built a house for her, bring up a son (not so bad as he is a nice guy), but in return she got farther and farther, thus I asked for divorce as my live was a long and deep pain.

Since then I try to rebuild... Bought a new house, got a new Girl Friend (nearly 2 years now)... And you know what? She cares for me and my passions. She likes pins, is interested by games in general... A kind person.

The house is a very old one, nearly one century... Everything was to be redone. More than one year I'm rebuilding... But my honey is by my side, pins are on the building site (some are working and playable, the rest is stored waiting to be restarted, repaired and restored).

I'm 52, and I'm starting a new life. Happier, safer and full of love... A happy end? Hope so.

#16 4 years ago

My story is a bit horrid:

Married my “wife” after 3 years of dating and after a year of marriage, discovered she’d been having an affair with an older married man for about 2 years.

We divorced and I was devastated.

About 6 months later she contacts me. Shes made a mistake! Wants me back.

After a long process of her getting counseling, apologizing to my family, etc we began dating and about 2 years later, we remarry.

A year later I discovered the affair was back on. Divorce #2.

It was the most trying time in my life and I wish that pain on no man. Ever.

Just know who you’re marrying.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Seen both sides. I married young in a knee jerk reaction and was divorced within a year (no kids). Swore I would never remarry because I didn't want to go through it again. She was a dispicable person.
I have been remarried for coming up on thirteen years to someone I could not live without. She makes me better, and that's not easy. She supports all of my ridiculous loves (pinball, cars etc) because they make me happy. It's how it should be, in my opinion. We have a son that is smarter than me, better looking and has his mom's huge heart. I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.

Funny, this is almost my exact story. I'm into music, not cars but otherwise...

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I love to read happy stories. I "was" married 16 years to the most incredible woman to ever grace this earth. I could literally write a book about how life can beat the happiness out of anyone.
All I can say guys is make a moment just for her every chance you can. And above all remember what may feel petty and stupid to you means something to her. A woman can feel loved but if she doesn't feel respected it's only a matter of time and you'll lose her. Instead of playing pinball to have fun, you'll be playing it to forget even if for a brief moment.

This might be the best thing I ever read on Pinside. Sorry you
Went through that, it does sound like you got a great perspective on what's important

#19 4 years ago

My best friend from elementary school who I never would have expected had an affair at work , got that lady pregnant who already has three small boys , now getting a divorce and has a small girl who is upset . Lost his job , his company car and even his cell phone and he is worried that the wife he cheated on is going to take advantage of him and try to get as much money as she can . Good luck with that

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

No venting here...together 22 years...married 16...the only key is to NOT SETTLE...you have to genuinely love each other which is a very rare thing...you have to fight tooth and nail for each other...only then will you make it............Joey[quoted image]

Don't settle and accept who they are and vice versa,you'll never last if you're trying to change someone or hiding who you are.met my wife in 92 married since 2000.she has me on a no new pins unless i sell enough to cover the cost of the new one but I have bought 20+ machines in 3 years including a nib pro and a huo Le in January so I don't have any argument for that.and weed,weed helps lol 420 bro.

#21 4 years ago

Married 30 years this past September. All odds were against us back in 1989; young & cash poor, had a kid, got married ... and in that order. Had to hide that for years ... many of those who knew judged us ... doubted us ... and some of those are now divorced themselves. But we hung on.

It took hard work, patience, understanding, forgiveness, love & laughter. We raised a wonderful and smart kid that left a void when she moved out several years back to live her life. My wife is all I have now, and I will never let her down. I can’t imagine coming home to an empty house. I need her, and she needs me.

9D025380-9D91-435B-A0B8-11F717EDA958 (resized).jpeg9D025380-9D91-435B-A0B8-11F717EDA958 (resized).jpeg
#22 4 years ago

I was separated from my wife and on a first date with a hot chick. Went to a comedy club in Hollywood. I saw some lady comedian performing with seats available in the back or up front. Wasn't concerned she would ruin my night so we went up front. She ends her act and says, "You're in for a treat, my friend Dice Clay". Dice walks straight up to me and says, "How long you been f ing her"? I said, "A few months". He turns towards her and asks, "So, you gonna marry him"? We both respond, Woah, and I say "I'm already married". Dice LOVES this response and barely beat me up after that. At the end of his set he looks back over at me and says something to the effect of, How's the yuppie doing with his Corona over there? Ends his act and a waitress comes by with 2 Corona's and says Dice thought you two were funny. He could have destroyed me, and chose not to. The girl and I ended up having a great relationship. So I was married, single, and divorced in 1 show.

#23 4 years ago

Happily divorced. Since then I found the right woman and we’ve been together for 11 years, but we have no intention of getting married. We decided to just be happy instead.

#24 4 years ago

Met my wife in 2002, got married in 2010 and still happy as ever 9 pins,1 kid, and 3 cats later. Best advice has already been said - find the person that understands you and supports you. My wife will play some pinball here and there, but she isn't nearly as into it as I am, but she understands that it's important (and fun) to me, so she's supportive. Never really had issues with buying games and parts but we approach it like anything else - take a look at the budget and see what we have and what else we want to do with the money and if it works then go for it. It works for us!
20190701_155105 (resized).jpg20190701_155105 (resized).jpg

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Married 30 years this past September. All odds were against us back in 1989; young & cash poor, had a kid, got married ... and in that order. Had to hide that for years ... many of those who knew judged us ... doubted us ... and some of those are now divorced themselves. But we hung on.
It took hard work, patience, understanding, forgiveness, love & laughter. We raised a wonderful and smart kid that left a void when she moved out several years back to live her life. My wife is all I have now, and I will never let her down. I can’t imagine coming home to an empty house. I need her, and she needs me.[quoted image]

Well said and one of the best shirts ever.

High school sweethearts. We've been together 20 years this December and just celebrated our 13 years of marriage in October. She might roll her eyes every once in a while when we talk about buying another pin, but it is all in good fun. I also couldn't imagine coming home to a house she was not in.

#26 4 years ago

I think it is a lot harder today, to enjoy the simple things that bring people together.
The need for "Drama" is historically well documented, and social media, phones allow either partner to fill their day
with other peoples crap.

Recognizing this, for my wife and I, have helped keep us together.
We met at the age of 15, working in the Disney Bicentennial Parade.
It is now 45 years later, and I cant imagine a day without her.
She lights up my day, and I dream about her at night.
She makes my life fulfilled.

#27 4 years ago

I am happily married (almost) 11 years with 3 wonderful kids, but I didn’t always see this happening.

I was bummed out as a 21 year old having never been on a date frustrated that I didn’t know how to approach girls, and had never even gotten a girl to go out on a date with me. I sat down and thought about it, and realized that on paper, I was about the most eligible bachelor in the world. At the time I was literally the youngest commissioned officer in the Marine Corps, 6’4”, 205 pounds with a stable job, a degree, and a bright future. So I tried online dating. All of the sudden, I had a date every weekend and liberty period… 2 or 3 if I wanted them. I still didn’t know what I was doing and failed hard and repeatedly. Have you seen the edge of tomorrow? That was my dating life… I went out on a couple of different dates every week just to meet new people. There were many girls interested in me, many whom I was interested in who didn’t care for me, and a handful where we both liked each other but there wasn’t chemistry there. Eventually, I met my wife (on Match). We went out on a Friday, I cancelled my other dates that weekend so we went out on Saturday and Sunday as well. Our first date was in August, I proposed in October, and we were married in November (Courthouse) December (Church).

I love my wife dearly. I found a hot nerd who wants to watch Star Trek with me, is a foot shorter than me, takes care of our 3 kids, and is generally a happy person whom I can’t wait to go home and see at the end of every shift. It will be 11 years next month and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. And to this day… I have never successfully asked out a girl on a first date in person (and I hope to never have to figure that out).

#28 4 years ago

Married for 41 years and my wife and I dated on and off for 7 years prior to marriage (we were high school sweethearts), so I guess we've been an item for 48. She's not really into pinball but fully supports that I am. She also loves that my overflow ends up at our two kid's homes. One has 4 and the other 3.

We've both been retired for a couple years. I still dabble in pinball stuff and she loves volunteering at church. I'm not religious in the least but I love that she's found something she's passionate about.

My life with her has been about as good as it gets!

#29 4 years ago

Married for 15 years now, dating for 5 years before we got married.

My wife isn't super in to pinball but loves hanging out and coming to shows to socialize and play a few games. We've been through a lot together and I can't imagine trying to navigate it all without her.

Our son is disabled with CP and mitochondrial disease, so she is a stay at home mom and I work full time.

#30 4 years ago

First (early) marriage was 17 years; Wife 2.0 and I have been together 25+ years, now approaching our 24th wedding anniversary. No complaints whatsoever.

#31 4 years ago

You need one more option. Widowed/Widower.

#32 4 years ago

Married for 14 years and thank god. Without my wife, I'd be laying in a gutter somewhere licking the previous evening's Jack Daniels off my beard.

#33 4 years ago

Been with my wife half of my life. Got into pinball about a year ago. She thinks I'm a little too obsessed with pinball. Not sure which one to give up.
Edit:
Just kidding. I'll never leave pinball.

#34 4 years ago

Was married. In love. Hoping to have a kid. Lasted 5 1/2 years. She had tumors on her female parts, might not be able to have kids. Wanted out, no matter what. Divorced.

A month later her fiance of two years that I didn't know about, contacted me. He was devastated, she cheated on him and dumped him. I pointed out you were dating a married woman for two years, you didn't mind her cheating on me. What did you think was going to happen ?

I spoke to her. Let her know that if they gave me any STDs, I'd put them both in the ground. I got checked twice in the following months, no STDs.

Only time I ever let anyone get close to me. Never do that again. Been there done that got that shirt.

LTG : )

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only time I ever let anyone get close to me. Never do that again. Been there done that got that shirt.

I hear ya LTG.

Never again.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Was married. In love. Hoping to have a kid. Lasted 5 1/2 years. She had tumors on her female parts, might not be able to have kids. Wanted out, no matter what. Divorced.
A month later her fiance of two years that I didn't know about, contacted me. He was devastated, she cheated on him and dumped him. I pointed out you were dating a married woman for two years, you didn't mind her cheating on me. What did you think was going to happen ?
I spoke to her. Let her know that if they gave me any STDs, I'd put them both in the ground. I got checked twice in the following months, no STDs.
LTG : )

Moral of the story, women are like tin shed roofs. If you don't nail em down they end up in your neighbors yard.

#37 4 years ago

I hired a woman to write some mortgage processing and underwriting books for my school, as well as teach. This woman was so supremely talented, I negotiated a buyout of my partner for a fair profit, and she bought him out. And I started dating her. After the financial crises hit, our school was closed and she went back to work. She would be a national director at a big mortgage company, or a COO at a mid level size. My recurrent pancreatitis got worse to where I can't work. So the poor girl has been taking care of me for the last 10 years. She taught me that some women make a good living off their household allowances. I net more than a good processor watching football while the maid and gardener are doing a good job. We married 8 years ago after 10 years of being together. And bought a big house here with 3 generations in it so I can watch my granddaughter grow up.

#38 4 years ago

Married my high school sweetheart. Had one beautiful daughter... ultimately that marriage went down in flames. She found herself a boyfriend and wanted out. 9 years of my life, had it not been for my daughter this would have been a total waste.

Met my wife at work... been married for almost 20 years. She is NOTHING like me. I'm a total nerd, introverted, like sci-fi, video games and pinball. She is a total extrovert, supportive and kind to everyone. It works, for whatever reason it just works great. She understands my need to tinker and my crazy pinball hobby. She has helped me to be more social and empathetic.

We now have 5 grandkids in our blended family. We seem to be perfect for each other. I'm the "she married him?" guy and I consider myself lucky.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

You need one more option. Widowed/Widower.

I just tried to. It would not give me the option.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Happily divorced. Since then I found the right woman and we’ve been together for 11 years, but we have no intention of getting married. We decided to just be happy instead.

I have never been married because I never wanted to take the chance of dealing with a divorce.

Almost every girlfriend I have been with has been married one time, and at first they say they never want to get married again, and I think perfect. Within 6 months to a year they always start big time hinting wanting to get married. I am always like woah, lets just be happy like we are now.

Someday I may would marry my current girlfriend, we have been dating 3 years, but I will not be pressured. We get along great 95% of the time, and the other 5% she just lives across a pond from me, a 5 minute walk.

Once I dated a lady for 5 years, and it was almost a hour drive to her house, so sucked when she got in a bad mood. I stayed with her a tad long because she lived in a mansion on a lake, and had a awesome game room in her basement(everything except pins). And she had 2 kids I liked being around and taking them on my boat tubing.

As far as online dating luckily it has been a long time since I have had to do that, but I did have the best luck with plentyoffish when I was using online dating sites.

#41 4 years ago

We were college friends for a couple of years. I was too old for her, she was too young for me. One night, her friends didn’t want to go out and neither did mine (big party the night before). We went to a party and mingled for awhile, but kept going back to talk to each other. Found out age didn’t matter, and have been inseparable since - close to 40 years.

#42 4 years ago

24 years, over half our lives. Met in high school, had some ups and down, but we pushed through the bullshit and built a wonderful life. We have a lot of overlap in interests(she likes pinball but not at the level I do), but we love spending time with each other. She's my Morticia and I'm her Gomez

The real answer is communication, honesty and respect. If you have those, you can work through almost anything. If you can't offer that to each other, walk away and spare each other the shitshow.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I still have my Dig Dug I purchased in 1987. It never gets played anymore, and I would sell it possibly. If it was taking space a pin could sit in it would be gone, but not in the way and I figure someday I may turn it on again.
As far as my girlfriend, she loves playing pinball and sometimes she beats me because I am not that great.
She has said that I just let her win that game. My response is sometimes I will have a bad game, but I have never just let anyone win, and I will never do that. That is 100% true, she knows it now, so 20% of the time when she does win it gives her a lot more satisfaction I think.
And when I have joint pains and just can not play anymore I tell her she can keep playing I am in pain and done, and she will play a few more games before she hits the off button.

I like dig dug... Haven't played a lot of it. But, its a fun game... Can be a bit pattern heavy... But, even then you still have to improvise, so its still fun and great game. I hope arcade1up makes a upright cab of dig dug...

And yeah... My family sometimes acts the same why when I play them in pinball and I lose. They thank me... I'm like... Guys, I can't win all the time. I don't throw games. But, some games will be garbage. The difference is when I lose its a garbage game, and when I win I crush them. But, again can't win them all. I take my father to play pinball on location once a month. We play a lot of head to head play. And I do win about 70% of the time. He hates it when I have a garbage game and he in turn does the same, and then I beat him by like 100k. I do thank him and tease him that he really just didn't want to win. And he's like... No, I want to beat you any chance I can get.

The only time I ever got a bit cheesed off when someone beat me in pinball was at my brothers bachelor party. He wanted a low key affair with his family there. So I hosted at my house as it has a lot of pinball and retro games. And a nice karaoke setup too. I had to invite a brother that no one else likes, because again... Family...
We were playing on my Sinbad machine. I love Sinbad its such a fun early SS to play. Mine is a bit beaten up, but everything works on it. Anyway... I was stinking this whole night at pinball. I think I lost about 2/3 of the games at Monster Bash(the other half I did win and I crushed everyone putting up the highest scores on that machine for the night. I think I only lost once on maiden and destroyed everyone on that one...

Anyway, so we were playing sinbad. And I had 2 sdtm from the ball going into the pops on the plunge and then had a few other unlucky bounces. So my game that I had on it was really bad. And the brother that no one likes at the end. Noticed his score was better than mine and chuckled to himself... That just pissed me off. Because, again. I can't have a bad game. And let me tell you, it wasn't an innocent chuckle. This guy is an A@#. But, I bit my lip and didn't say anything. The night was not about me. But, its like. Yes, I can and do lose at pinball. Its not a big deal. Want to play again. Chances are, you're going to lose this time. And that's what happened. The 3rd game I crushed them all. But, yeah I lost the first 2. Not a big deal. And it would be boring to win all the time.

#44 4 years ago

Married 30 years. Met her working in a lumber mill in ‘86. She was the only girl cutting and sizing jambs out back in plaid. Everyone thought she was gay, but she was just fitting in with all the guys.

I asked her out, we had a great time. Now with a home, two kids in their twenties now, a dog, cats and pinball machines.

She’s still hot as an oven biscuit and full of energy. I’m in great shape and active but lost my hair by 33, but she loves my scalp.

#45 4 years ago

Married for 28 years this August. No romantic story about our first meeting, as we met in a study lounge in college.
We have always been on the same page with issues pertaining to raising kids and finances, which has made married life much more pleasant than other married couples we know.
She has absolutely no interest in pinball but has always been supportive. I once paid a lot of money for a HEP MM and the only thing she said was that it "looked really pretty". Not one word about wasting money on toys etc.... She is the nicest person I know!

#46 4 years ago

Never been married.

Don't care to watch some lady get old while I stay young. Don't have room for any of her crap in my house either. Wouldn't want to listen to her bitch at all.

#47 4 years ago

Single. There's not really an interesting story behind it. I haven't really had the time lately, and haven't met the right girl. I think most of the people I know are married or close enough to it.

#48 4 years ago

Married 22 yrs here, why she puts up with me no idea. I grew up in an arcade, she grew up on a farm. Now I go downstairs to an arcade better than many I grew up in. She puts up with it, but she has her favorites now.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Met my wife in 2002, got married in 2010 and still happy as ever 9 pins,1 kid, and 3 cats later. Best advice has already been said - find the person that understands you and supports you. My wife will play some pinball here and there, but she isn't nearly as into it as I am, but she understands that it's important (and fun) to me, so she's supportive. Never really had issues with buying games and parts but we approach it like anything else - take a look at the budget and see what we have and what else we want to do with the money and if it works then go for it. It works for us!
[quoted image]

Mr Grant does the Mrs know she's on pinside?

#50 4 years ago

Married- 3 kids. Life is crazy, but I love my family.

6AEDE580-0227-4A17-9691-3D58CBE02637 (resized).jpeg6AEDE580-0227-4A17-9691-3D58CBE02637 (resized).jpeg
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/married-single-divorced-poll-and-stories?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.