(Topic ID: 254921)

Married, Single, Divorced. Poll and stories.

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic poll

“Married, single or divorced?”

• married 355 votes
    73%
  • single 68 votes
    14%
  • divorced 40 votes
    8%
  • widowed/widower 10 votes
    2%
  • steady relationship 10 votes
    2%

(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B0C4DE0D9FF4B868132750F09C3B007 (resized).jpg
4D0DF2A5-284E-4BC1-832D-3B1BA0DE95E6 (resized).jpeg
70586FB9-72B8-47C3-BF42-22632013BE14 (resized).jpeg
A1ACBDEB-F9F5-41A0-AB1A-E2A5D5B015D5 (resized).jpeg
C3DA93BE-F6BD-41B1-97DB-252BBFEB76C1.gif
imdn (resized).jpeg
M5 (resized).jpeg
M4 (resized).jpeg
M3 (resized).jpeg
M2 (resized).jpeg
M1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7329 (resized).jpg
20160328_111208 (resized).jpg
familyday (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1573660053230 (resized).jpg
IMG_2539 (resized).jpg
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How's that? Because what makes me happy does not make you happy?

LOL, you have no idea what makes me happy and your endless posting of negativity doesn't make you seem at all happy. You come across as bitter and derogatory to anyone that finds happiness in any form of relationship.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

LOL, you have no idea what makes me happy and your endless posting of negativity doesn't make you seem at all happy. You come across as bitter and derogatory to anyone that finds happiness in any form of relationship.

Negative because it is not your way? I'm happy as can be with my way that you seem to have a problem with.

Quoted from Darscot:

The best part of the thread is how people get so worked up and judgmental of other peoples choices.

lol.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Negative because it is not your way? I'm happy as can be with my way that you seem to have a problem with.

lol.

Your completely missing the point, I have not said anything negative. You are endless being derogatory, insinuating men that are married are broken down with no balls, married women endless bitch and fill the family home with garbage anyone that has a relationship is codependent. Please share what I have posted that is negative towards people that don't share my opinion?

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Your completely missing the point, I have not said anything negative. You are endless being derogatory, insinuating men that are married are broken down with no balls, married women endless bitch and fill the family home with garbage anyone that has a relationship is codependent.

You've said negative about me several times already.

I never pointed out that anybody elses choice was wrong for them. We are not all of the same makeup or experience and certainly don't all want to live the same way. I am merely stating how, as the op asked, I see it in regards to myself. You don't live my life and I don't live yours. If you can't handle anybody elses opinion on the matter, you're not going to change it by insulting them, or change it period.

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Dying alone is brutally painful. Brutal.

Married people die alone all the time.
You don't know when it will happen...

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You've said negative about me several times already.
I never pointed out that anybody elses choice was wrong for them. We are not all of the same makeup or experience and certainly don't all want to live the same way. I am merely stating how, as the op asked, I see it in regards to myself. You don't live my life and I don't live yours. If you can't handle anybody elses opinion on the matter, you're not going to change it by insulting them, or change it period.

I'm not seeing a lot of examples of me being negative or insulting to those that don't share my opinion. I said a lot of your post are you simple dragging people. I said you come across as bitter and derogatory. I didn't insult you, people drag on the internet all the time. I actually stated that it was the best part of the thread, I thought it was good humor. Being all defensive and whining just ruins how well you play the heel.

#157 4 years ago

O-din and Darscot are going back and forth like an old married couple.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Touche

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Nailed it! I caved in to the nagging didn't I? Thank goodness I don't deal with that in real life.

#160 4 years ago

looks like pinballers stay married at a higher click than the rest of the population.

hmmmmm. makes one wonder what it is that we all share.

married 8.5 years to the smoking hottest woman in CA, two kids, and living a very blessed life. i consider myself the luckiest man alive, without question.

no secret about it if you ask me. honesty, integrity, accountability, mutuality and consideration are crucial. a man who can be vulnerable and honest will always find a good woman.

IMG_7329 (resized).jpgIMG_7329 (resized).jpg
#161 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

to the smoking hottest woman in CA

Agreed.

Lucky bastard.

#162 4 years ago

Been together since '97. Living in sin for the majority of those years.
We never fight or put restrictions on each other. She's been great supporting my hobby. Loves going to shows, picking up pins, and casually plays quite often.

M1 (resized).jpegM1 (resized).jpegM2 (resized).jpegM2 (resized).jpegM3 (resized).jpegM3 (resized).jpegM4 (resized).jpegM4 (resized).jpegM5 (resized).jpegM5 (resized).jpegimdn (resized).jpegimdn (resized).jpeg
#163 4 years ago

hmm...married 25 years february...together 27. Married in 95, bought first pinball machine in 96 then another in 97. We lived in a trailer at the time, and they both sat in our kitchen. Damn I am getting old. She likes pinball, and old things, so she tolerates the hobby and lays claim to one of them if we divorce lol. To add things to dispute over: We believe no children is what's kept us happy :p

#164 4 years ago

Does anybody here have a wife with a long marriage that hates pinball?

#165 4 years ago

My gf hates pinball
she now sleeps on the couch.....

#166 4 years ago

I've been married for 19 my wife doesn't hate anything but she has zero interest in pinball.

#167 4 years ago

20+ years and she usually just rolls her eyes when I talk pinball. She likes going on pickups and likes to chat with guys when they buy a pin off me but zero interest in playing.

Happily NOT married but living together since 99. No kids. No mortgage. Always have a dog. Made a agreement years ago that if we split we sell the house and split profits 50/50

#168 4 years ago

Been married for over 20 years. Wife doesn't care much for pinball but she's happy that I have a hobby that gets me out of the house every so often.

#169 4 years ago

My girlfriend loves pinball. The current lineup she has been here and helped put most of them together.

When my shoulder gets sore or I am tired and ready to stop playing she normally plays another 3-4 times before cutting the game off.

When she is telling someone about all the places we have traveled to, she lights up most about some of the cool places we have traveled to for pinball.

Sometimes she does complain about me spending so much time on Pinside, but like while ago I showed her a new trick a machine does that I read about here, she is more chilled. She thinks we just tell jokes and have fun here. (so I do have to read threads to learn some stuff a machine does that we did not know).

We average playing pinball 2 hours a night, 5 days a week.

If she would only learn how to work on pinball machines, she would be perfect.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We average playing pinball 2 hours a night, 5 days a week.
If she would only learn how to work on pinball machines, she would be perfect.

I can think of other ways to utilize 10 hours of alone time per week. Just sayin.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can think of other ways to utilize 10 hours of alone time per week. Just sayin.

That happens later, or sometimes earlier, and is about 10 hours a week also.

#172 4 years ago

Actually I forgot we have been playing pinball while watching football(she loves football also, college and pro...she is awesome), so really we have been playing pinball about 20 hours a week or more.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I couldn't imagine coming home to an empty house and not having a family. I guess for some that works, but not for me.

I personally LOVE this! 21 years and counting. I wouldn’t have it any other way

Andrew

#174 4 years ago

That happens later, or sometimes earlier, and is about 10 hours a week also.

That's what halftime is for

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's what halftime is for

It could be, but not when we both love playing pinball. And halftime is not long enough for us for other things anyway.

We suck at pinball and games do not last long, but other things in life last a whole lot longer.

#176 4 years ago

And thanks again to the Pinside staff for editing the poll. I actually changed my vote from single to steady relationship.

#177 4 years ago

And thanks again to the Pinside staff for editing the poll. I actually changed my vote from single to steady relationship.

The thread title should be changed to "Let's hear about your happy relationship". Some don't seem to like hearing it the other way.

I will go and start "Best reasons not to get married" later.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

"Best reasons not to get married"

Best reason is so you don't lose half your stuff or more.

I have never been married, in my 50's now, and never plan to get married...but with this lady I do keep a open mind a tad.

#179 4 years ago

My best relationships were when we didn't share the same residence. I did that twice and that was enough. A woman that has her own job, world, and place to live and doesn't need a constant companion is more to my liking.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My best relationships were when we didn't share the same residence. I did that twice and that was enough.

I have never shared the same residence in a relationship yet.

#181 4 years ago

I have never shared the same residence in a relationship yet.

No reason to start now. If it works, don't break it.

I have witnessed twice firsthand the insanity of having a live in. The only reason I stayed with the last one as long as I did was to keep a roof over our daughter's heads and making sure their mom wasn't bringing any riffraff home to be around them.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only reason I stayed with the last one as long as I did was to keep a roof over our daughter's heads and making sure their mom wasn't bringing any riffraff home to be around them.

I totally understand and that was very great of you to help protect your daughter.

Long ago I was in a situation like that, and I stayed for that lady's kids as long as I could. It was just too damn far to drive to keep it up. Lasted about 5 years. But I stayed long enough that the kids could get cars and drive away if needed.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Married people die alone all the time.
You don't know when it will happen...

Yep ... and to spill my guts a bit: I have a chronic disease. It's likely I won't live to see the golden years with my wife. Makes me sad as hell. I shake it off as best I can, smile, and (try to) spend the days like they're my last.

#184 4 years ago

Honestly I start most relationships great. Over time though, I seem to become annoyed with the work that is involved. I need my alone time and space.

Usually women want more than I’m often able or want to
Give.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Yep ... and to spill my guts a bit: I have a chronic disease. It's likely I won't live to see the golden years with my wife. Makes me sad as hell. I shake it off as best I can, smile, and (try to) spend the days like they're my last.

Having type 2 diabetes for well over twenty years, more and more health issues as I approach 60.

You are not alone, my friend.

E

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have been living with my girlfriend for 29 years. I have had pinball machines since 2005 and she has never played any of them. She once bowled one frame on my Rock 'N Bowl O Rama. Then again, I have never watched Dancing with the Stars with her.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

You self diagnosed with WebMD, didn’t you.

I have testicular Gingivitis myself.

I keed, I keed... stay strong Amigo! if we don’t laugh we’d cry!

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

looks like pinballers stay married at a higher click than the rest of the population.
hmmmmm. makes one wonder what it is that we all share.
married 8.5 years to the smoking hottest woman in CA, two kids, and living a very blessed life. i consider myself the luckiest man alive, without question.
no secret about it if you ask me. honesty, integrity, accountability, mutuality and consideration are crucial. a man who can be vulnerable and honest will always find a good woman.[quoted image]

C3DA93BE-F6BD-41B1-97DB-252BBFEB76C1.gifC3DA93BE-F6BD-41B1-97DB-252BBFEB76C1.gif
#189 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes I got!!! As she was hating anyone of my hobbies (comics and old fashioned role playing games)... Our relationship ended up by a divorce...
The conclusion being the more you are different, more likely it will be a mess, whatever you try to do... And if you have to change to please your wife, you won't be yourself anymore... So you may enter in a painful spiral which leads you to a psy, at fist, then to a lawyer...

So, find someone who cares for you and is not to much different... My advice

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I can’t imagine how that would work. My wife doesn’t hate pinball. But she doesn’t play the games in the basement; occasionally she’ll humor me and play a game on location. If your partner hates that you have something to yourself that centers you, it’s probably not going to work.

Having your own time and your own thing IMHO is a big part about how marriage can work well. I’m going biking and playing pinball and she picks up the slack to make that happen. She’s giving sewing lessons and doing personal training and I pick up the slack to make her interests happen. We have a dedicated “date night” that neither one of us can overbook and it might be as simple as watching a TV show if we can’t get a sitter. It ain’t perfect but it’s working for us.

#191 4 years ago

I broke up with my girlfriend ca. 10 years ago and been single since. (Well, there have been a couple short patches that I've dated girls, but those did not last sadly.)

In any case, after I broke up, I decided that its time to get a new hobby among others in order to meet women through the hobby.
I chose pinball. My choice was so wrong

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from Leveeger:

Yes I got!!! As she was hating anyone of my hobbies (comics and old fashioned role playing games)... Our relationship ended up by a divorce...
The conclusion being the more you are different, more likely it will be a mess, whatever you try to do... And if you have to change to please your wife, you won't be yourself anymore... So you may enter in a painful spiral which leads you to a psy, at fist, then to a lawyer...
So, find someone who cares for you and is not to much different... My advice

1 week later
#193 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Trust me, dont do this. Gift cards scream “I gave zero thought” which in turn is interpreted as you don’t care.
Get together with one of her close friends or mom and figure out (if you don’t know) what sorta ring she’d wear, and surprise her.
Also, try to locate said $25 ring as well and incorporate it in Christmas, along with the more expensive ring. Maybe in her stocking.
Go the extra mile here. Woman really notice this crap.

What I just ended up doing is this:

She enjoys working in her yard, and she had been looking at my leaf blower and asking questions. (she has a cheap electric one).

I told her the story of how I regretted not getting her that $25 ring because she does not ask for much, but at the time I was fulfilling a Dollywood season pass and trip I had told her we would take, and I had a rental house mess up at the same time that was going to cost me a lot of money and have downtime until it was ready to rent again.

So, at the time when I suddenly had expensive problems, another $25 was just a added aggravation and I am so sorry about that. I regret that, I was just not in the best mood.

So anyway, if you want a leaf blower like mine I will get you one for Christmas. If you would rather have a ring, you can pick out what you want on a $300 budget.

That thrilled her and we have been shopping and she was happy I went to stores with her.

Then she ordered online, and messed the order up a little, and afraid I was mad. And I was not mad, I had a long day working and was tired and I fixed everything later.

Anyway, as far as ring shopping, she loved some $2000 rings, and hinted a tad, looked at my face and went back to budget.

In the end she listened to me. Go after gold content, diamonds are super inflated, and really not worth much, and a whole lot harder to sell than gold. I think she picked a sapphire something with decent gold weight.

My lady is awesome, loves pinball even more than I do. (shoulder gets to hurting after a kick ass game and have to sit a while and she keeps playing).

And now she is also awesome with that diamond crap. She researched a tad and seen I knew what I am talking about.

She also understands now that any ring or anything jewelry related best scrap value you may hope for is 10% or so.

Jewelry is pretty much the biggest rip off possible, and even worse from a retail source.

And I hate this time of year. Every other commercial on tv is a "he went to Jared". Or a new car with a big ass red bow on the roof.

It took a minute, but my lady gets it now. Yes, sometime I could spend 8000 on a game, and if we get tired of it I can sell it for 7000 pretty fast and we will get something new to play.

But, if I spend 8000 on a ring, and anything happens with it, good luck getting more than 800 back.

She gets it. Pinball machines are awesome and most of the time hold their value, and jewelry is a rip-off.

And no, I have never been married, and I still do not want that, I am self employed and I like everything the way it is with all that tax stuff. (not to mention the losing half your shit and lawyers fees).

But, if she stays long term with me, grows old with me, damn straight down the road I will have a new will done to make sure she gets everything should anything happen to me. (I would not tell her, I doubt she would try to speed the process up, but you never know).

Hell, I do know I can not tell her a damn thing that her Mom will repeat back to my Mom. And that is the biggest thing I hate...loose lips. I guess that is my fault anyway for being too open sometimes.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

#194 4 years ago

Lucky you live in Georgia with no common law marriage....

#195 4 years ago

Married for 15 years and have zero regrets. Pinball if for sure my hobby. She's been to shows and will play, but she's just doing so to spend time together.

#196 4 years ago

Second time around....first marriage 7 yrs and a daughter almost 18. Second, married 3 yrs, together for 11. She is casual into pinball and we have a 3 year old son who likes pinball. We both are into physical activity, motorcycles, and similar other interests. All that and with 16 years separating us, but it works. She’s more mature and I didn’t grow up in some ways.
Us in the Rockies and Berlin

70586FB9-72B8-47C3-BF42-22632013BE14 (resized).jpeg70586FB9-72B8-47C3-BF42-22632013BE14 (resized).jpegA1ACBDEB-F9F5-41A0-AB1A-E2A5D5B015D5 (resized).jpegA1ACBDEB-F9F5-41A0-AB1A-E2A5D5B015D5 (resized).jpeg
#197 4 years ago

2nd marriage for me which has been 12 years now, 1st was ten years & two kids who are now 31 & 26. Lost everything with my 1st marriage and we have finally rebuilt our lives with hard work. Also have a 21 year old stepdaughter

4D0DF2A5-284E-4BC1-832D-3B1BA0DE95E6 (resized).jpeg4D0DF2A5-284E-4BC1-832D-3B1BA0DE95E6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#198 4 years ago

Life just keeps taking crazy twists for both me and my girlfriend, and when together pretty much nightly at least for a while to have dinner and play a pin, and a round of Golden Tee we get along awesome.

I have had a few girlfriends in the past, but with this lady, she is my best friend, and all is awesome!

And cool how everything has fell in place. About the same time I was ready to get back into pins she had never been into it, and now when I am too tired she wants to keep on playing.

And when she beats me she thinks I let her win, and I honesty tell her I have never let anyone win, beat me, you won fair and square.

I do have to tune out if she talks about her Mom, or her daughter in law, other than that we were made for each other.

I know I have it made, my lady is awesome!

And for Valentines day, the minute I walked into the store, I seen flowers all over the place. I felt guilty, I do not buy that shit, a waste of money. But I did get her a whole lot of boxes of candy, and she was impressed and asked why I got her so much. She was like was this on sale or something? I said no, just seeing all the flowers made me think I needed to get you a tad more than normal.

And I have never been married, still do not plan to, (from the whole thing about county license and whatever else is just another tax), but this lady I love is my best friend, and I really hope we can grow old together....after maybe living like we are teens for another 40 years.

3 months later
#199 3 years ago
4B0C4DE0D9FF4B868132750F09C3B007 (resized).jpg4B0C4DE0D9FF4B868132750F09C3B007 (resized).jpg
#200 3 years ago

Why do I get the feeling that she finally got tired of waiting and you are now aware you are that kid in the picture? I hope I'm wrong, but holy hell man!

About 20 years ago, I bought a house to fix and flip. Not needing the biggest bedroom in the house, I let a coworker and her husband move in as they were struggling. Christmas comes along and he presents her with her gift. She unwraps it and it's Star Wars legos. It was one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever watched as her spirits divebomb. Then this idiot says if you don't want it, I'll take it! He wasn't married much longer.

There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/married-single-divorced-poll-and-stories/page/4?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.