Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Sharon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I might have gotten one of the last ones from Mark, he said he had enough parts around for just a few more...and it was an eight week wait. I got it a few days ago, and installed it tonight.

Directions were amazing, I wish everything came with directions that clear.

Issues: Only my own - the hole through the top of the head where the motor goes through was very tight - I should have enlarged it. The motor fits so tightly that one of the wires that goes down along side it broke in two from it being pushed into place. Totally my fault.

Could have been an issue but I took the easy way out: My Dalek was kind of warped and rather thick, there was just no way that the mounting holes were going to line up with all of the screws on the kit. Got two on the same side lined up, and drilled new holes for the other two. Voila.

Here's a video. Love it, I'd say worth the wait, but I hate waiting!

http://bit.ly/18KWufr

Sharon

3 months later
#6 10 years ago

I found that Mark's kit wasn't as awful to line up as all the warnings suggested. I found the directions to be very easy to follow and in a sensible order.

I didn't realize it moved during video mode too, but it moves whenever the Daleks talk

My dome was on backwards and I had to drill new holes to make it fit after the kit install...but that could have been because it was backwards and I changed it back to frontwards. Hm. It occurs to me that someone could have put replacement decals on backwards and the dome was actually frontwards. I can't tell.

Anyone know where I can get a new/replacement dome for less than $80?

#11 10 years ago

Atomicboy - I hadn't (before your post) read anything about how that version worked, only the debate about the whole thing. At the time I had been looking, I couldn't find either model for sale, after a year or so, someone emailed me and said they'd heard Mark had a few more.

I'd be interested to learn more about how your Dalek Mod works too.

It's cool that the one I have is supposed to be after the original design. But I'm not really picky, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but has goose feathers, I'm still going to put it with the other ducks.

I'm just happy I have a Dalek mod! And I'm happy for anyone else that has one too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 40.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 110.00
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sharon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marks-wobble-head-kit-doctor-who?tu=Sharon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.