Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

no mark (resized).jpg
20180222_203351 (resized).jpg
from ipdb (1) (resized).JPG
superweird (1) (resized).JPG
Image from iOS (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Have a bit of a mystery going here. I noticed a marking on the side of a Bally ST in a FB for sale ad that looked a lot like the marking that is on mine, which I had assumed was some sort of graffiti or something an op had put on it. We found another ST here in Houston has the same type of mark, and when I looked on IPDB, there it was again. The mark is EST followed by a 5 digit number, so probably (Something)StarTrek followed by the serial number, since there were 16k units made (see pics).

Anyone have any info on what and why these are?

Image from iOS (resized).jpgfrom ipdb (1) (resized).JPGsuperweird (1) (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

You can see many other examples of the serial number here: https://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=2355

#3 1 year ago

Not sure the number sequence etc but it's a serial number thing.

Mine from an old Silverball Mania I restored

20180222_203351 (resized).jpg
#4 1 year ago

wonder what the E is for?

and why do some not have it?

and why put that in plain view on the side of the cab?

no mark (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from chiefbrody:

wonder what the E is for?

Electronic Star Trek, #12151. All Bally’s of that era should have it on the cab and head on the left side.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside