Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Martijn
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

parts_select_bug.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I selected item condition as "used but very good" or something to that extent. When the ad posted, it says the condition is HUO.

#2 8 years ago

Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed shortly!

2 months later
    #3 8 years ago

I do not see a place to specify the game's condition, and it won't let me post my ad without it. Using Firefox.

I used the "Sell this game" link from my collection to create the ad.

#4 8 years ago

Still a bug. I've reported it twice via email, no response. Just wanted to follow up here.

Can't edit a PARTS FOR SALE post, as it has a game condition field but the dropdown is not populated. So you can't save.

#5 8 years ago

I was able to somehow work around the bug using Internet Explorer (gack) to post the ad (which would not allow me to post pictures), then I was able to edit it in Firefox. After doing that, the condition dropdown also showed up fine for the subsequent ad I made in Firefox.

#6 8 years ago

I'll try Firefox. The dropdown doesn't populate in Chrome for sure.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon!

#7 8 years ago

I was able to work around the EDIT bug by changing the "item condition" <select> dropdown. For the parts forum, it has the "disabled" attribute set to "disabled". But the form validator requires a value. Using the developers tools, I removed the disabled attribute and was able to select a value and submit my update.

parts_select_bug.jpgparts_select_bug.jpg

#8 8 years ago

I have the problem where I placed the ad, including condition from the drop down.

Now I want to edit the ad, I make the necessary changes, submit, and an error message tells me I must select the condition from the dropdown box. I go to select the condition and it won't let me expand the condition drop down box. So it won't let me save the edit.

This means I can't edit an ad!

Safari and Chrome.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

I was able to work around the EDIT bug by changing the "item condition" <select> dropdown. For the parts forum, it has the "disabled" attribute set to "disabled". But the form validator requires a value. Using the developers tools, I removed the disabled attribute and was able to select a value and submit my update.
    parts_select_bug.jpg

Yep, that's basically the same thing I have to do.

#10 8 years ago

Sorry for the slow reply! A big update is coming which, among other things, will finally fix this annoying bug. Stay tuned!

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Sorry for the slow reply! A big update is coming which, among other things, will finally fix this annoying bug. Stay tuned!

Im still having the same issues after the update...I go to edit my ad's text, It brings up the edit screen, and the drop box for condition is reset to blank Then I go to commit and it gives me an error that I need to select condition. But it won't let me select the drop down for condition!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Im still having the same issues after the update...I go to edit my ad's text, It brings up the edit screen, and the drop box for condition is reset to blank Then I go to commit and it gives me an error that I need to select condition. But it won't let me select the drop down for condition!

That's strange, the condition problems should have been solved. Which ad is it? We will have a look at it tomorrow (CET).

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

That's strange, the condition problems should have been solved. Which ad is it? We will have a look at it tomorrow (CET).

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/26728

Have tried it on Chrome, Safari (IOS and MacOS)

#14 8 years ago

Also tried on Explorer and no go. The condition box is always greyed out and non responsive.

#15 8 years ago

We found the bug and have fixed it on our development system. We'll push the update later today, so within a few hours you should be able to set the condition.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Martijn:

We found the bug and have fixed it on our development system. We'll push the update later today, so within a few hours you should be able to set the condition.

Works now....thanks.

#17 8 years ago

Great, I marked the topic as solved.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marketplace-item-condition-bug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.