(Topic ID: 173598)

Marketplace ads inline with threads? No. Uh-uh. Nope.

By Frax

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Xerico
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20161115-134637 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2016-11-15 13.44.54 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    4 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #6 Announcement details Posted by ForceFlow (7 years ago)

Post #32 Promotion box feature change announcement Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm sure that if you give me a rundown of things you won't pay for, I can probably find a few that are insane too. Can't tell you how many people I know that refuse to pay for a streaming music service like Spotify, but will pay 10-15 bucks for a downloaded album..that's insane to me. /shrug
    Here's an idea..I don't know if this is even possible, but I wonder if there's some way for Robin to expose how much bandwidth goes per-user? Like if we could have someplace to go in our profile that says "You average X bandwidth per month, click here to donate!" I might be motivated to donate more if I had access to that info, but again, my entire point is that would STILL not be a forced thing like these ads are.
    *Edit* LOL love the oh-so-impartial mod upvote gangbang

This does not take into effect posts that have value. One of the reasons people come here is for repair advice. When I see a post for an issue that I have bumped into over the years I stop and help. So you would consider that "using bandwidth"? I would consider that contributing to the site. And you won't always even get a thumbs up for a good fix, but you do it just because.

Edit: And then right below my post I see an advertisement for quarter slot earring. WTF. I avoid the marketplace like a disease and now it follows you. Yuk. What I will do now that it is in my face is end up making comments about all the stupid crap people sell.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marketplace-ads-inline-with-threads-oh-hell-no?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.