Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marketwatch.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I was getting market watch updates every day up until a month or so ago. I checked the settings again and verified that there are machines on my wish list for sale. I've also been trying to reach a couple of people through Pinside messaging and haven't gotten a reply. (The messaging could be nothing, but since this other issue is occurring, thought I'd mention it.)

Any idea what's up? Thanks! - Anthony

#2 9 years ago

Robin is going to need to handle that issue. He is in Europe and will not be here for a few hours. I am going to move this into the Pinside bugs forum.

#3 8 years ago

It does indeed appear not to be working anymore. I didn't get any MW messages myself for the last month or so. I'll look into it and will keep you posted here.

#4 8 years ago

I'm having the same issue - no emails since mid-February, so about 8-10 weeks since I've seen the emails. I was surprised to get nothing, then looked in the marketplace for pins on my wishlist and there are several. If we can help with the debugging process in anyway, I'm happy to do so. Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

-Paul

#5 8 years ago

I've found the cause for the issue, which has to do with some software updates that took place on the server in February. I'm now looking for a solution!

1 month later
    #6 8 years ago

Is this still a problem for anyone?

#7 8 years ago

Yep, still not getting them here.

#8 8 years ago

Thanks. Considering this an unresolved Bump! for Robin. Robin, feel free to PM me if you need an extra set of eyes on postfix.

2 weeks later
    #9 8 years ago

Is this working yet for anyone else? I'm assuming its not but I just thought I would bump and ask.

#10 8 years ago

No Market Watch emails here either.

2 months later
    #11 8 years ago

Are others still having this problem? I am.

#12 8 years ago

Yup. I haven't received any emails in months.

2 months later
    #13 8 years ago

Just following up. Still not working unfortunately. One thing to add, is that I just went into my account settings, and tried to stop and re-enable the MarketWatch notification setting, and received the following error when I tried to store the setting...

" Error! Parameter user_marketwatch_compiled with value Array failed validation as type numeric."

3 weeks later
    #15 8 years ago

This has been broken for way too long. Sorry everybody.
    MarketWatch will be returning soon, after some upgrades to the mail system that are underway.

#16 8 years ago

Awesome. Thank you.

1 month later
    #17 8 years ago

Also having the issue with the "Error! Parameter user_marketwatch_compiled with value Array failed validation as type numeric." error when trying to update my Marketwatch settings. Hopefully the upgrade will be coming down the pipe soon, thanks!

1 month later
    #18 8 years ago

Looks like this is working again?

I just got an email alert about a wishlist machine...anyone else?

2 years later
    #19 5 years ago

I just realized recently that i haven't received a market watch email in quite a long time. Searching my Gmail, last one i received was over a year ago! I checked all my settings and I'm subscribed to receive the daily emails and the asap ones too. Anyone else having trouble receiving those emails? I checked my spam folder but found none from pinside in there.

1 week later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from frunch:

I just realized recently that i haven't received a market watch email in quite a long time. Searching my Gmail, last one i received was over a year ago! I checked all my settings and I'm subscribed to receive the daily emails and the asap ones too. Anyone else having trouble receiving those emails? I checked my spam folder but found none from pinside in there.

I just fixed a bug related to this, which would occur in some rare occasions. You should have just received a notification e-mail.

#21 5 years ago

I did receive an email, thank you! It's such a helpful feature. It helped me find a Nine Ball a few years back, which i probably would have missed otherwise. I really appreciate the work you put into this site. Thanks for getting that issue straightened out for me!

#22 5 years ago

I haven't gotten any marketwatch emails for months...

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I haven't gotten any marketwatch emails for months...

The bug was not affecting you, as far as I can see.

Do you receive other e-mails from Pinside properly? PM notifications etc? If you want, I can shoot you a test PM.

#24 5 years ago

Thank you. I am receiving PM notifications. I tried updating my market watch settings and re-saving them as well. (today)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-watch-emails-have-stopped-coming?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.