(Topic ID: 193854)

Market pics taken in the dark: scam or cool?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Sellers who post only for sale pics in the dark are...”

• ... just showing how cool the lights and not intentially hiding anything 1 vote
      11%
    • ... trying to hide true condition of pin 8 votes
      89%

(9 votes)

#1 6 years ago

You're interested in a pin and the only pics posted are taken in the dark. Nice to see lights but really then you can't really see what the condition of the pin is. Not saying that a pic or two in the dark isn't nice as a bonus but really don't we want to see the actual condition of the pin because we want to buy it?

So my question here is, are sellers intentionally taking exclusively dark pics to hide condition or maybe some reason I'm missing?

Also, if most of us know this is a tactic, then shouldn't sellers know this and just be posting pictures with the lights on?

#2 6 years ago

I find it to be a bit shady IMHO. I'd ask the seller to take a picture of it with the lights on.

#3 6 years ago

Obviously the seller should haul the game down to a local studio for a series of shots with different backgrounds (garage doors are an excellent choice, but maybe something not so urban, like a nice beach would look good) otherwise he is trying to hide something sinister.

#4 6 years ago

I love pics of the game with the glass on. Shadyaf

#5 6 years ago

Not everybody knows how to take good photos.

#6 6 years ago

I don't know.. but so far I have bought 3 new pins, and 3 used ones in the matter of 1-2 months, and I will not buy a used one again, even if its an HUO. Something about them just doesn't feel right, they have some hidden scratches/dents that were never revealed.. and the prices are all over the board.
    Mo!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-pics-taken-in-the-dark-scam-or-cool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.