6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bronty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Came across this is think it would look cool but is there that much of a market to command that kind of money. ebay.com link: Twilight Zone pinball PROTOTYPE artwork print signed by John Youssi super rare

#2 6 years ago

How do you know it's real? No paper work.

#3 6 years ago

True I would think something like that would be difficult to fake or would take too much effort for that price

#4 6 years ago

It clearly says it's a print, not the original art. He probably made or can make a ton of them. I wouldn't value it at more than $100 signed. Now if it were the original and he did not scan it and make copies, I'd say sky's the limit?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

It clearly says it's a print, not the original art. He probably made or can make a ton of them. I wouldn't value it at more than $100 signed. Now if it were the original and he did not scan it and make copies, I'd say sky's the limit?

Exactly what I said. If it was original I can see paying big money. But not for a copy. I was interested at 175 but somewhere he jacked the starting bid up to 575

#6 6 years ago

Save your money.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Exactly what I said. If it was original I can see paying big money. But not for a copy. I was interested at 175 but somewhere he jacked the starting bid up to 575

FYI in the art world, a print does mean something more than just a “copy”. If they are using that term, it means it is taken directly from the original art (not a copy of a copy) and is certified from the original artist. $500 or so is pretty on point.

If it was the original it would be $10-$15,000 based on previous sales

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FYI in the art world, a print does mean something more than just a “copy”. If they are using that term, it means it is taken directly from the original art (not a copy of a copy) and is certified from the original artist. $500 or so is pretty on point.
    If it was the original it would be $10-$15,000 based on previous sales

Based on my back and forth with the selller it sounds like it’s a print from the original. That’s is what I meant vs a photo copy. I was just surprised that something like this could command that kind of money.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from mmr61184:

Based on my back and forth with the selller it sounds like it’s a print from the original. That’s is what I meant vs a photo copy. I was just surprised that something like this could command that kind of money.

Yep that's about right, similar in price to an art print

2 months later
    #10 5 years ago

Well, I know you’re into fine art, and I don’t doubt what you’re saying when it comes that as I’ve seen fine art prints sell for that kind of money regularly even when in largish edition sizes. However... with prints from illustration IMO the market is not as robust. I’d suspect the fmv for an unsigned print of something like this might be as little as 50 bucks; I’d consider 100 a good sale. And signed.... add 50 bucks, maybe?

As for the original the 15k you mentioned has been turned down in the past, so if someone wanted to take it home it would cost more. Unclear how much more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-for-pinball-art and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.