4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dri
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I've noticed there are some used great games being for sale all over the place at the moment. My theory is that the sudden influx of even better games being manufactured is one of the main drivers(?). Are people getting out of the hobby? Is opening a barcade in your hometown of population 20k not as lucrative? Are we pivoting to a buyer's market? I believe we've been in a seller's (hoarder) market for quite some time.

Anyhow, keep those pins rotating folks!

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

I've noticed there are some used great games being for sale all over the place at the moment. My theory is that the sudden influx of even better games being manufactured is one of the main drivers(?). Are people getting out of the hobby? Is opening a barcade in your hometown of population 20k not as lucrative? Are we pivoting to a buyer's market? I believe we've been in a seller's (hoarder) market for quite some time.

New releases always cause a selling increase, especially when it’s a good one. People are hoping this is “the one” (JP) and that Stern finally knocks it outta the park after flopping so many lucrative IPs.

Not sure how long you’ve followed the market but I think we’re just in the mid summer cleanout phase. Spring everyone buys, then they release they’ve packed 25 lbs into a 5 lbs bag. They only have room for 3 pins but they bought 14 so they gotta sell. Then the Fall crunch will happen and everyone will buy-up for winter projects. The Christmas/tax season they sell again. It’s the cycle, man!
    Pins are a vicious addiction...

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

My theory is that the sudden influx of even better games being manufactured is one of the main drivers(?)

The games are deeper with better tech and better light shows but less reliable and harder and more expensive to work on. The node boards are outrageous.

I’m actually sliding the other way and wanting SAM or older games.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Im not sure how one would precisely quantify such a thing, but you certainly find there is more out there the more you look. There are some good looking games and "rumored" games coming out , however (JP, GNR, Elvira 3)
    There is something to be said for seasonal turnover...as was previously mentioned.

I don't find there to be more pins for sale than usual though.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m actually sliding the other way and wanting SAM or older games.

I'm there as well. But nothing beats that NIB feeling...

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Not sure how long you’ve followed the market but I think we’re just in the mid summer cleanout phase. Spring everyone buys, then they release they’ve packed 25 lbs into a 5 lbs bag. They only have room for 3 pins but they bought 14 so they gotta sell. Then the Fall crunch will happen and everyone will buy-up for winter projects. The Christmas/tax season they sell again. It’s the cycle, man!
    Pins are a vicious addiction...

Thanks for the insights. This makes sense. I recently got too fat and had to sell.

Quoted from Daditude:

I don't find there to be more pins for sale than usual though.

Maybe just that too many titles that appeal to me is in the market.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/market-dynamics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.