(Topic ID: 161565)

New Mario Bros Pinball Coffee Table Scratch Build Prototype

By jayway1982

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1399_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0027_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0005545435453_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayway1982.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I made this coffee table as a scratch build from new parts and materials. I wanted a cool looking table to match my arcade, Nintendo, pinball theme living room. I couldn't find one I liked so I made what was in my head. It has a small DMD on the panel made to look like a Game Boy. My friends love to play it at parties. I thought some of y'all might like to see it. Here are pictures and a video. Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: It contains zero parts from used games.

IMG_0001_(resized).JPGIMG_0001_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0005545435453_(resized).jpgIMG_0005545435453_(resized).jpg
    IMG_0027_(resized).JPGIMG_0027_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1399_(resized).jpgIMG_1399_(resized).jpg

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

What is controlling things? Looks like a great project.

It's very basic. I used a Lego Mindstorms CPU to program and run things.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

wouldn't have thought lego mindstorm would have enough kick. Nicely done, does it have scoring too?

Yes. The mode people overwhelmingly prefer to play is the best 2 out of 3 balls. I guess people see it like air-hockey, soccer, or foosball. The difficult ramp shot is a favorite as it has a high chance of draining your opponent. As for the kick. There is a 40V power supply for the solenoids.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jayway1982.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mario-bros-pinball-coffee-table?tu=jayway1982 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.