• Latest reply 4 years ago by vdojaq
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

up post (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a MARIO Andretti pin where the center post isn’t going down during gameplay but tests fine during test mode. Does anyone have either:

1. a pic of this mechanism on the underside of the play field so I can make sure it is actually assembled correctly?

And/Or

2. Any idea why this is happening? The coil is obviously working, as is the mosfet driver or it wouldn’t work at all correct?!

Game plays fine other than this

#2 5 years ago

I have no idea but it must be a common problem. I’ve never seen one that actually works.

#3 5 years ago

There was a single coil sleave for both the top and bottom coil. I put one on each. Also check to see if it is set to stay up in the settings. I sold mine so I can't post photo. The manual has a great detail.

#4 5 years ago

IF I could find a manual that would rock.

#5 5 years ago

I can get you everything you need on Monday. I even have an extra assembly

#6 5 years ago

Thanks to @vdojaq, everything is all good now. Needed to replace coil sleeve, as well as clean off magnet area completely. Just really an adjustment.

#7 5 years ago

For anyone who needs this

up post (resized).jpgup post (resized).jpg
3 months later
#8 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to change the setting for the center post? Mine moves up and down briefly during startup, then stays up during the entire game. I'm guessing this is a setting that can be changed??? Thanks for the help.

Brad

2 weeks later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from jungle_lord:

Can anyone tell me how to change the setting for the center post? Mine moves up and down briefly during startup, then stays up during the entire game. I'm guessing this is a setting that can be changed??? Thanks for the help.
Brad

I will check my manual tomorrow

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 2,350.00
Playfields
Trident Pinball Homebrew
Playfields
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mario-andretti-center-post-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.