IMG_5309.JPG
IMG_5286.JPG
IMG_5285.JPG
IMG_5284.JPG
IMG_6333.JPG
IMG_6335.JPG
IMG_6346.JPG
#1 9 years ago

As much as I love my Taxi, space is becoming an issue and something's gotta give. I would rather keep it, but it has been folded up in my garage for a few months now and it needs to have a nice warm gameroom to thrive in.

The GOOD:
Machine works perfecltly, nothing wrong with it
Marilyn playfield
NEW CPR Backglass
NEW LED display set
Mylar has been removed and playfield polished
Beautiful topper
Torn down, cleaned, and all lights and rubbers replaced.
Warm white LEDs in the backbox to protect the artwork from heat
Newer WPC-style flipper links

The NOT-SO-GOOD:
Common wear and some yellowing on the playfield
Departures ramp has a crack, but does not detract from gameplay
A couple chipped plastics here and there

All in all it is a great game and I would rather not sell it, but I can't keep them all. Asking $1600 or best offer SOLD!, delivery may be available for cost of gas + labor. Trades possible.

IMG_6333.JPGIMG_6333.JPG
IMG_6335.JPGIMG_6335.JPG
IMG_6346.JPGIMG_6346.JPG
IMG_5284.JPGIMG_5284.JPG
IMG_5285.JPGIMG_5285.JPG
IMG_5286.JPGIMG_5286.JPG
IMG_5309.JPGIMG_5309.JPG
IMG_5311.JPGIMG_5311.JPG

3 weeks later
#2 9 years ago

Price bump down to $1500?

#3 9 years ago

Wish I was closer. Good Luck.

#4 9 years ago

Damn if I were closer.

Taxi is one of the games I REALLY miss having in the collection. Loved hearing that bell go off.

#5 9 years ago

Back to the top!!

#6 9 years ago

I like this title wish I had room and cash.

GLWS

#7 9 years ago

GLWS, great game....love to play some taxi

#8 9 years ago

Bump again! This Taxi needs a home!

#9 9 years ago

Another "I can't believe this is still available" bump. Geez a $1500 Marilyn Taxi people. Someone go get this. A non-Marilyn one sold over here recently for $2K.

#10 9 years ago

Just PM'd you.

#11 9 years ago

What does "Marilyn playfield" mean?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What does "Marilyn playfield" mean?

Means there is a Marilyn Monroe on playfield. Williams ran into copyright issues and had to use a 'Lola' character instead. So limited amount of Marilyn machines made (1000 out of 7300 production run). Wish I was closer!

#13 9 years ago

That's awesome! You learn something new everyday.

#14 9 years ago

Nice looking game I would love to have one of these sometime. Too bad you are so far away.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Means there is a Marilyn Monroe on playfield. Williams ran into copyright issues and had to use a 'Lola' character instead. So limited amount of Marilyn machines made (1000 out of 7300 production run). Wish I was closer!

I have no independent knowledge, but was told that Marilyn is actually more common.

#16 9 years ago

Taxi has been sold!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

I have no independent knowledge, but was told that Marilyn is actually more common.

Marilyn is far less common. She's on the back glass doing the pose she did over the air shaft that blows up her dress. Marilyn was dropped for Lola after Williams got hit with copyright infringement.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Carl_694:

I will say that I have seen more Marilyn' than Lola's in the wild, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I was told direct from Python himself that there are quite a few Marilyn's, but again, I'm not sure there are any hard numbers on that.

The story goes that the person in charge of purchasing for Williams was on Vacation, so Python took that opportunity to order the playfields and backglasses for Taxi before they had been cleared to do so with Marilyn on them.

Python also indicated that he didn't think there was actually any action regarding copyright infringement, more so that Williams was just afraid it could be an issue so they changed it. But again, that is just Python's side of the story.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Jopper:

Marilyn is far less common. She's on the back glass doing the pose she did over the air shaft that blows up her dress. Marilyn was dropped for Lola after Williams got hit with copyright infringement.

I had no problem finding an abundance of Marilyns when I found mine...the only Lola I saw at the time was a half and half, that had a Marilyn playfield with a Lola backglass. No exact numbers are known, but it's certainly not as rare as people selling the game would like you to believe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marilyn-taxi-for-sale-in-reno-nv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.