(Topic ID: 7628)

Marco specialties website gives me grief.

By coasterguy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Every time I try to log into their site it stops loading. I can't order my needed $4.00 in parts...

#2 12 years ago

I didnt realize Marco sold anything that cheap, maybe it is throwing their system off. What are you ordering that is worth $10 shipping for a 4 dollar part?

#3 12 years ago

Happens to me regularly on Marco's site as well. Has nothing to do with purchase size.

#4 12 years ago

use a different browser then IE maybe?

#5 12 years ago

It has happened to me several times in the past as well.

#6 12 years ago

Yeah, happens to me too...just switch browsers and give it another go. Heck, the same happens at Amazon too at times...

#7 12 years ago

Marco's site can be goofy. When I save my cart it doubles all the quantities when I log back in. They have a nice site though.

#8 12 years ago

I really like Marco's but because of the problem with loading the cart I have sometimes given up
    and ordered from a different store. Quite frustrating after picking out stuff for half an hour.
    B.t.w. this happened with Firefox and Safari. It's not just an Internet explorer thing.

#9 12 years ago

I don't even try to process the order online anymore. It never works for me. It's a nice site so I fill up my cart and call with part #'s and place my order. I usually have a question for them anyways so no big deal. I never get left on hold and there helpful. It's a little extra $ but it's fast and Worth it.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I didnt realize Marco sold anything that cheap, maybe it is throwing their system off.

bahahahaahha hiiiiilarious! I'm glad I hadn't made my coffee before reading that.

#11 12 years ago

Sometimes I can't log in. I have to return a couple hours later and try again. Glad it's not just me.

I got stuff from Pinball Life, Marco, and Cointaker sitting on my kitchen counter. It's going to be a fun Sunday!

#12 12 years ago

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Sounds like they might have some caching issues with their site.

#13 12 years ago

I had the same issue ordering my Marco parts this weekend. I noticed you have to look in the lower left hand side of your browser...you can see it's trying to load a store applet. Once the finishes loading ie. the text is gone, then I place items in the cart. Have to do it for every item. It is a very slow and frustrating site. The payment process took at least 5 minutes to load and finish. That's just nuts in this day and age. They are obviously using some back end processor to fulfill their online ordering and it's not a very good one.

#14 12 years ago

I just went to bay area amusements as I only needed some replacement rubber ramp bumpers.

#15 12 years ago

It just takes a long time for their server to calculate shipping costs that high.

#16 12 years ago

I have never had a problem with their site or shipping.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-specialties-website-gives-me-grief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.