1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by radium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

marcoprice2 (resized).JPG
    marcoprice (resized).JPG
    #1 1 year ago

I was going to buy a rubber kit for my pinball from Marco Specialties, who advertized a good price, but when I went to "checkout", the price had gone up fifteen percent. I did a few checks, and a lot of their parts come up that way. I mean, on the initial page there's one price, then when the part is clicked on from the list, the price is much higher. Anyone else notice this? I wonder how much I overpaid my last $400 order? It doesn't seem to be every part, but see my example below.

marcoprice (resized).JPGmarcoprice (resized).JPGmarcoprice2 (resized).JPGmarcoprice2 (resized).JPG
    #2 1 year ago

Noticed the same thing. Best I can come up with is that they raised their prices on some items but new price is not showing on first screen for some reason.

#4 1 year ago

Looks like someone forgot to clear the cache after rolling out those updates. Whoopsie.

#5 1 year ago

It’s been like that for the at least two years I’ve ordered stuff from them. Not everything but many things.

Personally I find it more annoying when everything I have deleted out of my cart suddenly reappears at a later date until ordering finally clears it.

This definitely files under first world problems…

#6 1 year ago

I’ve emailed them about it. They were friendly but brushed it off.

Search results and other pages often display the old prices from before the last wave of HUGE price increases. Their prices are nuts now and I only order there as a last resort. Screws that used to be $0.07 are $0.39 now. Adds up when you need 100 so I just buy elsewhere. Some coils that are $12 at PBL are $25+ at Marco. But they do ship fast and they have nice little labels and good support.

The correct price always shows on the actual product page as far as I’ve seen. Don’t trust anything else.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-specialties-price-bait-and-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.