9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150318_104446.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116

Ok so i need a part that marco has and pbl dont and figured to justify the shipping id order some pinballs and other things ? My question is how do his standard bulk pinballs compare to pbl extra shiny ones?says they are resistant to magnitizium?

#2 9 years ago

Hardened Carbon steel balls don't get magnetized, PBLs extra shiny do not get magnetized either. Some of the shinier balls are made of Chromium Steel and they get magnetized IF your game has magnets. This can cause balls to stick in the trough and other metal mechs causing general anarchy in the machine!

#3 9 years ago

Depends on the game. I have both types. The SilverJet pinballs are the best but they retain magnetism so its best to put them in games that don't have magnets. I use the Marco Standards in games that do have magnets and they are fantastic.

PorkChopExpress

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Hardened Carbon steel balls don't get magnetized, PBLs extra shiny do not get magnetized either. Some of the shinier balls are made of Chromium Steel and they get magnetized IF your game has magnets. This can cause balls to stick in the trough and other metal mechs causing general anarchy in the machine!

beat me 2 it. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#5 9 years ago

Cool id rather just one that don't get magnetized because I never know what pin I may buy next and all my pins have magnets just wanted see how these compared to pbl extra shiney balls that I usually get

#6 9 years ago

My wife tells me it doesnt matter the quality of the balls its how well you use the shooter rod !

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Cool id rather just one that don't get magnetized because I never know what pin I may buy next and all my pins have magnets just wanted see how these compared to pbl extra shiney balls that I usually get

I'd be careful I bought a box of 50 said I could use in games with magnets on website....guess what, I cant.....not sure if it was Marco or pinball life. I'll check the box tomorrow to see who I got them from and let you know for sure. Funny cause when I mentioned I was basically told I was wrong but when I put in the games with magnets they would stick to magnet and not roll to proper position in ball trough, as soon as I put old balls back no problem.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

I'd be careful I bought a box of 50 said I could use in games with magnets on website....guess what, I cant.....not sure if it was Marco or pinball life. I'll check the box tomorrow to see who I got them from and let you know for sure. Funny cause when I mentioned I was basically told I was wrong but when I put in the games with magnets they would stick to magnet and not roll to proper position in ball trough, as soon as I put old balls back no problem.

Hmm I hope thats not the case bc all my pins need them and I already ordered bc I really needed the eyeshut plunger for my rs

#9 9 years ago

You may be in luck as I think they came from pinball life. Here's a pic of box they came in, and the remaining balls I could not use in my machines with magnets when it was clearly stated they could. Don't get me wrong, I love pinball life and still order from them, but at the time I was pretty pissed they didn't work. If your Marcos box arrives and looks like this then maybe I'm wrong, but all my pinball life items came in these boxes.20150318_104446.jpg20150318_104446.jpg

#10 9 years ago

I always use pbl and never had a issue but I always get the super shiny 1.50 ones

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-specialties-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.