(Topic ID: 65334)

Marco Specialties introduces Super-Bands™ high-reliability pinball flipper bands

By marcospec

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 247 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23-6551.jpg
    TS #3.JPG
    TS #2.JPG
    TS #1.JPG
    super-band.jpg
    image-726.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-800.jpg
    DSC01077.JPG
    DSC01069.JPG
    DSC00911.JPG
    DSC01078-931.JPG
    DSC01071.JPG
    DSC01070.JPG
    stuck.jpg
    IMG_1175.JPG
    There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago

Yes, Super-Bands will be at Expo, on many machines for everyone to try and they will be for sale. I will be there personally to discuss the product line.

-Joe

#52 10 years ago

For those who have played with it, does it allow good control? That's my biggest interest. I'm not a highly skilled player so I like something that would give me a little better control. I'm playing with standard black rubbers at the moment.

#53 10 years ago

I have been using the Super Bands on my route games for over 6 months. It's been nothing but praise from players. I have nothing but great things to say myself. Pinbutts, Super Bands? What other awesome products can JCS come up with? Can't wait to find out.

#54 10 years ago

+1 for an American made product. And a big +1 for Joe and his contributions to the pinball world.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

My concern as well. As soon as I see video of someone doing loop passes with these I'll be sold.

They were on the Attack from Mars at PAPA 16 where you put to 20 bil+ in qualifying.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

My concern as well. As soon as I see video of someone doing loop passes with these I'll be sold.

This is the one thing I'm a little concerned about. I installed the IFPA rubbers on my AC/DC last night. I had more difficulty than normal with a loop pass. I also had a little more trouble back handing the left orbit. They felt to stick a little more than traditional rubber. The tradeoff was that shots also felt a little more precise, with less of a 'slide' effect.

Disclaimer: the above observation is from a bad player and only a limited number of plays. I wonder if a little break in will help the stickiness.. I'm overall happy with them, I look forward to giving them some more time.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

They were on the Attack from Mars at PAPA 16 where you put to 20 bil+ in qualifying.

Yes but loop passes were extremely difficult to non-existant. Not sure which formula that was though.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

This is the one thing I'm a little concerned about. I installed the IFPA rubbers on my AC/DC last night. I had more difficulty than normal with a loop pass. I also had a little more trouble back handing the left orbit. They felt to stick a little more than traditional rubber. The tradeoff was that shots also felt a little more precise, with less of a 'slide' effect.
    Disclaimer: the above observation is from a bad player and only a limited number of plays. I wonder if a little break in will help the stickiness.. I'm overall happy with them, I look forward to giving them some more time.

We are not talking about the IFPA rubbers on this thread though. The PAPA AFM were Super-Bands.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from sturner:

For those who have played with it, does it allow good control? That's my biggest interest. I'm not a highly skilled player so I like something that would give me a little better control. I'm playing with standard black rubbers at the moment.

Super-bands may help you dial in your shots correctly and help you with flipper response because they don't lose their elasticity. Normal rubber stretches and loses its initial shape after a period of time. The rubber also will harden which deadens the bounce. The Super-Bands play the same all the time. Remember you still have to clean the Super-Bands just like normal flipper rubber. CP100 doesn't break down or alter the Super-Bands in any way. Plus in the long run they are cheaper than normal rubber because you don't ever need to replace them.

#60 10 years ago

Could you use Pinball Life's PinGuard rubber cleaner with these?

#61 10 years ago

Will be buying some PinButts and SuperBands at Pinball Expo for two of my machines (Space Station & Jack-Bot). Now the tough decision of which colors to choose.

#62 10 years ago

Marc from Marco was at the Portland show this weekend and gave us some samples of these bands. Pretty much a set of every color. I popped a few in some of the machines I brought here and I really like them. They are very hard to stretch so it takes a bit of effort to put them on. They're tight so they don't seem like they will come off easily. They definitely feel about like red rubbers. The colors are very bright and translucent. I put a Orange and Blue on my tron flippers and our front light strip does a great job activating these colors. Very nice cosmetic appearance. Time will tell on how they wear, but the initial feel and performance of these are very good. Very nice product. I spent another $60 and ordered some more

#63 10 years ago

Does PBL carry these? It says they do on the JCS website but I couldn't find the product there.

#64 10 years ago

Was looking around on Pinball Life.

Didn't see any translucent flipper rubbers but I did find this item:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3145

Aluminum flipper bats? I'm assuming all plastic replaced with aluminum? I've never seen this before, anybody any thoughts?

#65 10 years ago

Wow, never seen those aluminum flippers. Anyone ever tried them?

#67 10 years ago

The structure under the flipper bat is different. It may actually be all meta.

#68 10 years ago

After reading through this one, I am gonna order up a set for my on location pin. It gets a lot of plays.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

After reading through this one, I am gonna order up a set for my on location pin. It gets a lot of plays.

I definitely recommend the Super-Bands for on location. They have done great on my location games.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I definitely recommend the Super-Bands for on location. They have done great on my location games.

Agreed. They have been on my ACDC for 3 months on location and still look new.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Was looking around on Pinball Life.
    Didn't see any translucent flipper rubbers but I did find this item:
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3145
    Aluminum flipper bats? I'm assuming all plastic replaced with aluminum? I've never seen this before, anybody any thoughts?

They're aluminum, not plastic, not coated, brushed aluminum.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#73 10 years ago

Thanks everyone for a great first weekend for the Super-Bands launch! After the better part of a year testing and tweaking and testing and tweaking on and on and on, it's wonderful to finally commercialize this product. I appreciate the support and all the private messages on these.

Standard size and mini size are in stock in all 8 colors. We will be at Expo with demos of the Super-Bands and Super-Posts, along with Pin-Butts. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

More info is at www.jcspinball.com

Thanks,
    Joe (JCS)

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Thanks everyone for a great first weekend for the Super-Bands launch! After the better part of a year testing and tweaking and testing and tweaking on and on and on, it's wonderful to finally commercialize this product. I appreciate the support and all the private messages on these.

Have you thought about doing the rest of the playfield rubber sizes? I have to admit, that's got me kinda excited about the other new polyurethane product.

#75 10 years ago

I've looked at both vendors sites. Neither one has the posts or minis listed where can I get them?

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

I've looked at both vendors sites. Neither one has the posts or minis listed where can I get them?

I'm not aware that they're making them yet.

#77 10 years ago

Jcspinball.com has them listed, but nothing at the distributors.

#78 10 years ago

Contact DrJoe and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

#79 10 years ago

The Super-Posts will be in stock at distributors soon. I like to run a lot before I release them so they don't sell out immediately. I will have them at Expo in Chicago.

Thanks for your interest!

#80 10 years ago

Super-Bands are in stock in all colors, as are Pin-Butts.

#81 10 years ago

Oh man, I'd kill for some of those mini post ones. Those things are an EPIC FAIL in white rubber, and just tired of seeing posts with black rubber when the rest of the freakin' game is in white!

#82 10 years ago

Questions and concerns.

What are IPFA Rubbers?

Why can't you do a loop pass with these rubbers? Is there no bounce?

Will these become standard at tourneys then traditional flipper rubber?

#83 10 years ago

IFPA tested one of the Saturn Rings and that has a maroon color. That is not associated with Super-Bands at all.

Loop passing is absolutely possible with Super-Bands. The rebound of them is the same as soft red rubber.

Tournament directors will determine what is best for their tournaments and game set ups. My guess is some will use Super-Bands, and some will stick to traditional rubber.

Super-Bands were used at the 2013 PAPA World Pinball Championships on many games.

I can't speak for Saturn Rings as I have no affiliation with them.

#84 10 years ago

Dr. Joe >> any plans for other rubber rings in colors? It would be nice to do an entire game in a new more durable rubber of a different color than black or white.

#85 10 years ago

Yeap, put orange on my Getaway, red on High Speed, blue on T2 & yellow for VND earlier this week & they look great and play even better. Good grip, good skill shots, They are holding up so far. I also set another high score on my HS, that is enough for me!

#86 10 years ago

Whysnow....more products are in development but I'm not ready to commercialize, or publicly discuss them yet. I believe in extensive testing. Super-Posts are being made now and will be available soon. These have been tested and work great. They were used on most of the 2013 PAPA World Pinball Championship games (in black).

Other parts will be announced in the coming months.

#87 10 years ago

Looking forward to the Super-Posts!

#88 10 years ago

Now only if Stern would use posts with a lip so the rubbers stay on. Already had to dig numerous post rubbers out of the ball troughs on met and ST. Looking forward to trying these!

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Now only if Stern would use posts with a lip so the rubbers stay on. Already had to dig numerous post rubbers out of the ball troughs on met and ST. Looking forward to trying these!

KME....I'll give you some at Expo....

Joe

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Already had to dig numerous post rubbers out of the ball troughs on met and ST.

I use just plain ol' hair spray to keep traditional rubbers in place.

I don't know if hair spray is compatible with the SuperBands, though.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I use just plain ol' hair spray to keep traditional rubbers in place.

Cannot tell if serious....

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Cannot tell if serious....

Yes, serious. Old trick.

#93 10 years ago

Yuck. How does that work without getting the crap everywhere? Spray it on a q-tip then apply?

#94 10 years ago

I installed these on my X-Men yesterday, they look and play great! I will be putting these on my other machines as well, nice job

#95 10 years ago

i want pink, been waiting for this color to finish my order.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yuck. How does that work without getting the crap everywhere? Spray it on a q-tip then apply?

Unscrew the spritzer cap, and dip out what you need.

Smells like grape Koolaid.

aussie.jpgaussie.jpg
    #97 10 years ago

For some reason when I picture hairspray I only see the aerosol cans..

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

For some reason when I picture hairspray I only see the aerosol cans..

Had a girlfriend back in the Aquanet 80's 'eh?

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Had a girlfriend back in the Aquanet 80's 'eh?

I had to use the wife's hairspray to keep one of the mini playfield rubbers on ACDC prem

#100 10 years ago

Every hobby uses hairspray. I used to use it to keep pedal covers on when swapping them on cars.

There are 247 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-specialties-introduces-super-bands%e2%84%a2-high-reliability-pinball-flipper-bands/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.