8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by nasco62
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P.Boy_Stern__.1.jpg
    P.Boy_Stern_.jpg
    P.Boy_Stern_.jpg
    Brunhilde.jpeg
    208577_1783148417593_1205944889_317334.jpg
    199263_1757811864195_1205944889_316981.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Drew said he's had 15 order's with "Pinside5" added in the Discount Location since it came affect.. I do hope Everyone read's the Sticky's.. B_R

I just saved $5 on a Bally LED lamp driver - THANKS BR~!

2 weeks later
    #52 8 years ago

Just joined the community and wanted to add to the "Thanks B_R" list. I just got my first pin a couple weeks ago and have not touched the PS3 or Wii since. I have been watching this site for months and have utilized some very usefull information, so decided to check on here for a promo code when I was checking out on Marco's site. It saved me a few bucks and is much appreciated!

I figured they were my only immediate hope for finding the ramp for my RADICAL (top left ramp). Mine is ok but is missing corner piece so if you hit it slow the ball can fall back and get stuck on top of the pop bumper and ruin my rhythm. I managed to order a bunch of other stuff that I don't really "need" at the moment, but will now have on hand when I do.

I WILL be getting another pin (or two...or three, its addicting!) when the time and money are right and will continue to use this site as a resource.

Anyway I'll stop rambling, thanks again B_R and everyone else for all of the info.

#54 8 years ago

Yr Welcome F.M & Thanxx ,,, Welcome aboard !!

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Andrew Just gave me a Call ,,, A Discount of 5% is Now active ,,, type in ( Pinside5 ) in a Discount or Coupon area on the order-n page.. It's Good until Sept 1st .. Drew said he will see how the Sale's go,, after Sept-- The Disc- could be Higher.. [8)]

Look's like the Discount is Almost up.. I'll give Drew a call to see if he will do it again ( a Longer period this Tyme ) B_R

#56 8 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Unfortunately I got a call from them today and was told after looking everywhere the Radical ramp could not be found in their inventory. Honestly I can live with what I've got, and I work in sales so I can understand inventory being off. I appreciated that they took the time to call instead of just shipping everything else without the item that I really wanted.

I will order from them again based on the customer service alone.

2 weeks later
    #57 8 years ago

Hello,

Well in got my order today. I just want to put this out there so if someone else is about to buy from them they know what they might be getting.

I got a bumper cover and
    Silver jet Premium Pinball 1-1/16" (5 pk) 17.00
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/product.asp?ic=PB116%2DSJ

Well the pinball did not come in a plasic as seen on picture. It came in a ripped mini zip lock with a silver jet sticker. And the balls where crammed inside. so little scrashes where on the some of the balls from rubbing together. I know in time they get more as I use them. But for the price I expected more. So I would stay away from this buy at least from them. But other stuff I got was good. Knowing there other price pinballs out there just putting my experience out here, so other will know before making the purchase. other then that back to working on my pin...

#58 8 years ago

I finally got in touch with Andrew today,, Marco Will be Extend-n the Discount after Sept 1st..
    To those that have an Issue with order's ( Very few ) Send the Issue to a Sale's Rep ..
    I'm Sure they will Honor the Problem.. Yea , I have a Buzz goin on as i type,, and i speak my Mind.. These Pin Supplier's don't have to give these Discount's , but I'm Friend's with Most of them and i like to Help give PinHead's a Little edge.. B_R

#59 8 years ago

just saved a buck fifty and rec'd my order in 2 days , woooo hoooo!

#60 8 years ago

I have a bad habit of placing an order, realizing I need something else 10 minutes later, ordering again, forgot something, order again. I have 3 orders on their way. I'm screwing myself in shipping charges.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I have a bad habit of placing an order, realizing I need something else 10 minutes later, ordering again, forgot something, order again. I have 3 orders on their way. I'm screwing myself in shipping charges.

Many of the times if you catch it soon enough and contact companies before they ship they will be happy to add it to your order. I know from experience it has happened to me as well.

#62 8 years ago

Thanks so much for the discount BR! Just placed a sizable order today and got nice savings on it. This is my second order with Marco and I love them. I'm about 3 hours from them and I've received the order in days. The staff is great as well. Thanks again! Much Appreciated!!

#63 8 years ago

The More I can do for Pinhead's ,,,, The Better I feel !!!

#64 8 years ago

Marco rules.
    Got my stuff with discount. everything worked out 100% Nice detail was the Novus which was wrapped in a plastic bag. prevented all the other stuff from being soaked.

#65 8 years ago

Did they change the code when they extended it because I just tried to place an order and it said promotion expired?

#66 8 years ago

I just got an E-mail from Andrew of Marco Specialty's ,,, as Follow's ...

B_R ,

We had some confusion about the PinSide 5% PROMO code. Please inform the members of PinSide that the 5% PROMO code has been extended to September 30th. After that the code will expire.
    Thank you for what you do and keep up the good work.
    Thanks!
    -Andrew

--
    Andrew Palmer
    Operations / Sales Manager
    Marco Specialties Inc.
    Cell: 803.397.3520
    Office: 803.957.5500

#67 8 years ago

Nice info Black_ Rose -

#68 8 years ago

Yep I got the same email. I emailed Andrew when the discount didnt work and he just got back to me that it is fixed.

#69 8 years ago

BTW Thanks to Marco's for giving the discount and B_R for facilitating. I have been doing my first shop job and extensive cleaning and part replacement on my machine and Marcos has been very helpful and I have save a nice amount of cash in the process.

#70 8 years ago

The other end :

B_R

Company Policy is not to run promotions continuously. At that point they are no longer considered promotions. We have something in the works that discounts customers based upon how much they spend with us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok ,, Ya'll better get what ya need before Sept 30th..

#71 8 years ago

I've been using it for the bad wizzard I picked up. Forgot about it at first, but frankly it kept me from shopping elsewhere for some parts as the overall price comparison declined in Marco favor once the discount was applied. The experience with them is so far good.

#72 8 years ago

just got my ordered stuff from monday night today! thanks

#73 8 years ago

Their shipping rates have also gotten ALOT better!!! Thanks Andrew & BR!!!

#74 8 years ago

Yes I wondered if the pinside code was getting me better shipping?

#75 8 years ago

I Talked with Terry at PinballLife to see if we could get a Discount .. He hasn't mad up his mind Yet.. He said he's got his Supplies at a Fair Market Price already .. I'm Work-n on him..

2 weeks later
    #76 8 years ago

Not sure if the discount applies to all items. Ordered a couple bottles of Novus and a DM rubber kit. Only discounted the Novus.

Not a big deal at all... just sayin.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Not sure if the discount applies to all items. Ordered a couple bottles of Novus and a DM rubber kit. Only discounted the Novus.

They probably exclude them because the profit margin is low, or they missed it.

#78 8 years ago

RascalH I have the same issue, I go thru their site, order a bunch of stuff...and within minutes figure out something else. I just email sales@marcospec.com and give them the additional items, ask them to add to my order and Paypal invoice me the balance - works like a champ!

Now, I often order around midnight or so when it's time to hit the hay...so there's a good 8hrs of leeway I have to email them with additions.

By the way, JUST joined the forum last night, decent format here, FAR better than another forum I was referred to! Will get my profile "pimped out" here shortly...and add some pics too!

Wish I knew about the 5% discount back in August when this addiction began (or re-surfaced??) - I've been using Marco since day one. I also like Pinrestore and found some good stuff for my HSII machine at Mad Amusements...but Marco is by far the best service, shipping and a VERY advanced website when compared to the rest.

#80 8 years ago

just used before it expired i guess, thanks again

1 month later
    #81 8 years ago

It would be nice if they'd just charge reasonable shipping to Europe, but as it stands they charge at least twice as much as everyone else. $40 for a couple of nuts and bolts for example.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from system11:

It would be nice if they'd just charge reasonable shipping to Europe, but as it stands they charge at least twice as much as everyone else. $40 for a couple of nuts and bolts for example.

They're not exactly cheap on shipping either in the US. I only buy from them if they have something I need and no one else has a part I need. Prices are high on parts and shipping.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

We have something in the works that discounts customers based upon how much they spend with us

Did this ever come out? I think if my wife saw the order history showing the total I've spent with them she'd call them and tell them herself we need a discount..

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

They're not exactly cheap on shipping either in the US.

That depends on what part of the US you are in. They are one of the few that will ship USPS to AK. They charge me $15 when many others want $50 to go UPS or Fedex. That is one drawback to being in AK.

#85 8 years ago

They may not be the cheapest for freight but man are they fast, finalised my order Thursday night and parts were at my door in Sydney Australia Monday lunch today, so impressed.

For my latest order I checked a number of places and they were the only ones who had all the parts, once you start splitting orders across different suppliers freight is a killer.

But all that said a discount would be good.

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside