(Topic ID: 131843)

Marco repro decals/stickers - Very disapointing quality...

By Plumonium

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

I ordered a bunch of decals/stickers from Marco Specialties to overhaul my Diner. Those were generic like:

-Install 3 balls
    -3 buttons diagnostic switch
    -Warning High Voltage

The print quality is less than good. It's printed on vinyle like sticker which looks good and hope will last.

But the resolution and print quality is very bad. Looks like is was printed from a very low res image on a very cheap inkjet printer... The test or images aren't crisp at all and the color not very much saturated.

Very disappointed.

I printed my own labels (serial number sticker) which I scanned 600dpi and printed on regular (non UV) sticker paper from staples and it looked way better. I expected better from Marco and their decals...

Some of you have the same story?

#2 8 years ago

Did you call and express your concern? I'm curious of what they'd have to say. I order allot from them.

#4 8 years ago

You should get in on my next run of stickers. I have 3 sets left if you are interested: Next run in about 2 months.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-warning-decal-set

#5 8 years ago

^^^^ these are good quality stickers! ^^^^

#6 8 years ago

They will probably offer to send you more. Bought two ramp flaps for rbion. They are supposed to be blue spring steel. One was stainless, but fit. The other was spring steel, but the cut was off. The holes were too far off to mount. emailed pics, they sent me another. Same problem and despite being a wasted 5 bucks just gave up.

#7 8 years ago

Seriously, go with Flash's decals.

#8 8 years ago

There is absolutely no excuse to have blurry text. If they are printing text as low resolution raster images, the process needs to be reworked.

#9 8 years ago

I wasn't impressed with Marco's instruction cards either, plus they were shipped jammed into a box with other parts (and uncut). Not a place I'd order printed paper stuff from again.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

You should get in on my next run of stickers. I have 3 sets left if you are interested: Next run in about 2 months.

I highly recommend Flash's decals ordered a set in the last run awesome quality

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Did you call and express your concern? I'm curious of what they'd have to say. I order allot from them.

Bought them from our Canadian suppplier. But they are Marco. So yes I'll complain to the folks at Starburst here in Monrteal but I'm not sure what they can do.

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Seriously, go with Flash's decals.

Now I know. I'll remember.

How do I go and find about what he can or cannot do?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

Now I know. I'll remember.
    How do I go and find about what he can or cannot do?

He sells pre-made sets, which I believe will cover your needs:

However, he MAY be up for making custom decals too. (He did for me and my TZ..) For that, you'd have to PM him.

1 week later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-repro-decalsstickers-very-disapointing-quality and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.