(Topic ID: 296024)

Marco hasn't had Bally SS coin skins in stock for months, Why?

By tomdrum

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7w4y8qnmcwr41 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

I've bought 15+ Bally coin door skins from Marco over the last few years. They have them made and are the only supplier. They've been out of stock for 2 months now which I've never seen before. A month ago I emailed on a better bulk price on lamp sockets for the PF swaps I have coming. They never answered the coin door skin availability question. Emailed again tonight. Anyone know what's going on with that part? Did they lose the supplier? I'm sitting on a few left but need more. I would hate to have start hoarding the few I have left.

#2 2 years ago

Pandemic.

Have you tried to buy a bicycle this year?

The racks are completely empty.

Just a few children's bikes and a unicycle
    7w4y8qnmcwr41 (resized).jpg7w4y8qnmcwr41 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

Trying to get anything that is not run of the mill easy to slap together is a difficult task. Try buying a new boat or a good used boat. Forget it. Not going to happen. There are backlogs on many things that one would think would not be affected but it seems many are. Stock up on all things that you use routinely when you can. Business wise I see the high that the county is on now coming to an abrupt end within 6-12 months! Oh well it was nice while it lasted!

#4 2 years ago

As said, there are shortages everywhere. I repair pins for a living and there are a LOT of items that I cannot get right now. I go to the grocery store and many of the things I buy every week there, are also out of stock.

#5 2 years ago

I don't think a lot of pinball people realize that specialty pinball parts are more often than not made by individuals as a side gig, and then sold to places like Marco who distributes them the masses. It is a great system, and Marco is an awesome company to work with. BUT, we as consumers are at the mercy of those individuals being able to meet demand and make parts. The little guys are last in line for materials from the big suppliers. There are people out there making parts who are quite old, and age is eventually going to catch up with them. There are a couple small part manufacturers I have heard of where the sole person doing the manufacturing is around 90 years old. Sometimes people have other issues in life, and making those spare parts as a side gig has to be put on the back burner.

I can tell you right now from making ramps, that Pinball part demand is huge right now, and has been for the last year. I work my day job for 9 hours a day and come home and put another 4-5 hours in every night and a 8-10 hour day on Saturday most weeks. I still can't keep up. I worked this schedule for about 4.5 months straight earlier this year before taking a break, and I am barely able to build stock up. After Pinfest, I am probably not going to be doing any production in September-October, only shipping what I have on hand. So if you see something...don't wait around- buy it when its available, because you may be waiting a bit until it comes back into stock.

#6 2 years ago

I left my email address with Marco on notifying me when these door skins become available again. Does anybody have experience with Marco actually notifying you when they do come back in stock or should I just constantly check the website?

#7 2 years ago

Response from Marco when I inquired:

Are you referring to part number A-3444? If so, this has been on a backorder for quite sometime. I'll push one of our product managers to see what the status on this is, as normally this supplier has a reasonable lead time.

In the meantime, if you havent already, I'd suggest signing up for the "email me when available" option on the product page.

I responded with "yes A-3444. LMN".

#8 2 years ago

Bally coin doors are back in stock at Marcos.

#9 2 years ago

Sometimes you’ve got to be the squeaky wheel! Thx

#10 2 years ago

Saw that and just ordered more. There will be more restored coin doors available at Pinfest.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-hasn-t-had-bally-ss-coin-skins-in-stock-for-months-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.