(Topic ID: 109646)

Marco EM flipper rebuild kit-wrong EOS switches?

By RonB

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by oldpins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

full house flippers.JPG
IMG_1195.JPG
IMG_1193.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I'm beginning to rebuild the flippers on my '66 Williams Full house and realized the EOS switches supplied in the kit only have two connecting blades, whereas the originals have three.

Did Marco include the wrong switches, or am I supposed to retrofit these and combine two of the wires to one blade?

Sorry in advance that I'm far from knowledgeable when it comes to EM's, but I figured someone could answer this fairly quick.

Thanks!

IMG_1193.JPGIMG_1193.JPG IMG_1195.JPGIMG_1195.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Have a look at the below link to IPD. You will find your title was manufactured in 1956 not 1966.
The double set of leaf contacts (Normally Open > left and Normally closed > right) serve a different purpose (NC will be the flipper EOS , not sure what purpose the NO serve, someone here will know). You will not be able to use the single EOS supplied in the rebuild kit. The originals look to be OK, give the contacts a clean and gap correctly .

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=funhouse&search

#3 9 years ago

It was made in '66, it states so on the schematics and here:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=full+house&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#961

Thanks for the info, and I'll just clean up the originals.

I thought maybe there was a way to use these, but I can't find any info on it.

#4 9 years ago

My apologies, I searched the IPD for Fun House, not Full house.

#5 9 years ago

I thought a Funhouse was a Fullhouse!!!!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

My apologies, I searched the IPD for Fun House, not Full house.

Yeah no problem, I wish it was a FH! (The '90 version!)

#7 9 years ago

RonB,
I downloaded the schematics for Funhouse to check the flipper circuit. There are two sets of windings in flipper coils which would both normally be energised on pushing the flipper button. Both windings being energised gives the initial punch of the ball. Once the EOS opens, one set of windings will de energise leaving only the 'hold' windings energised.
Looking at your flipper circuit, only one set of windings will be energised at any given time.You could adapt the new EOS to have both coils energising when pushing the flipper button, you would also need to position it correctly to de energise the 'power' coil.
Below is the flipper diagram on your machine. I have attached a link to my website with an animation I made explaining normal EM flipper operation.

full house flippers.JPGfull house flippers.JPG

http://www.oldpinballs.com/help.html

#8 9 years ago

Wow, thanks and nice animations on your site!

Going back to Marco's site and viewing the pic of the rebuild kit, as well as others, led me to believe it wasn't a mistake those EOS switches were in there.

Now I'll have to study your diagram and figure out which wire goes where, or eliminated as there's 3 wires hooked to the EOS.

#9 9 years ago

Oldpins, nice help page.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Oldpins, nice help page.

I agree and bookmarked the site, never seen it before.

Quoted from oldpins:

RonB,
I downloaded the schematics for Funhouse to check the flipper circuit.

Not to be a smart-ass, but it's Full House.

#11 9 years ago

All good RonB, the wire connected to the leaf switch (light contacts) on the left in your photo will be connected (linked) to the centre (red/white)wire on one side of your new EOS, The wire on the right (heavy contacts) will be connected to the other side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 3.00
$ 135.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-em-flipper-rebuild-kit-wrong-eos-switches and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.