Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

macro-drop-targets (resized).JPG
marco-black-drop-target (resized).JPG
marco-yellow-drop-target (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
Punk_drops (resized).jpg
1877f1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 7 years ago

These are the correct drops for the game and the ones that PBR sells. They are hot stamped and not decals. Marco should either take back the incorrect blank ones they sold him, free of charge or send him the proper targets.
Punk_drops (resized).jpgPunk_drops (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

But the website that he ordered from clearly shows them as blank targets. Even if these targets were hot pink with clown decals on them if the OP bought them from Marcos with a stock photo of hot pink targets with clown decals with them then that's what he should expect to receive, right? I don't see the issue here. It sounds like the OP received exactly what was pictured on Marcos site. He said in his post "I bought a set of Gottlieb Punk drop targets from Marco as show on website". Maybe the OP is leaving out some information here but based on what's been said so far I don't see the issue.

Well then they should not list them as Punk drop targets then for that specific game, now should they? And then subsequently fix their site. They are not, in fact, for this game. It's false advertising and misleading and Marco's fault, so that's why they should take them back and refund the money and not give him some BS about a 20% restocking fee to add insult to injury. By your logic, if I saw a picture of TZ gumball machine there, I should expect Marco to send me a TZ gumball machine? C'mon. Could/should the OP have asked them if there was art on them to avoid confusion, probably, but he also did not get what he expected when he ordered and all he wants now is to return them for a full refund. This is just bad business for Marco to be so petty about this. With this type of customer service, Marco will be a last resort when I'm looking for parts.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1569

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't be so sure PBRs are all "Hot Stamped" as well...I know the Royal Flush ones are not anymore.
It's a little of both here...but honestly you looked at a picture of blank targets and ordered them. The originals seem not to exist anywhere?

The original hot stamped targets for Punk exist from PBR. That is exactly what they sent me when I ordered from them recently.

Marco kool-aid drinkers unite!

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed PBRs website doesn't show a pic or specify hot stamped on Punk. How did you know what you were getting before you ordered them? Or did you just assume they were.

You are incorrect. This is exactly what it says on PBR's site, top of their drop target page:

The Pinball Resource
Drop Targets

All of our drop targets listed below are hot-stamped (unless otherwise noted) and are either NOS or replacement parts, hot-stamped with the original tooling and dies, whenever possible. These replacement parts are hot-stamped in methods faithful to the original factory parts, done to meet or exceed the original specifications!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

It's not Marco kool-aid guy, it's common sense kool-aid, maybe you should have a glass or two.

I'm all out, can I borrow some? My common sense tells me to shop elsewhere and avoid their BS. Drink up and enjoy shopping with Marco. Since you're all down with the what you see is what you get shopping method, I highly recommend Jeff McAfee/Classic Arcades products for you.

3 weeks later
#65 7 years ago

Agreed, glad to hear Marco did the right thing and resolved the situation. Looks like they also corrected their site with a pic of the proper drops too.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1569

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider razerx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-bad-customer-services?tu=razerx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.