Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

macro-drop-targets (resized).JPG
marco-black-drop-target (resized).JPG
marco-yellow-drop-target (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
Punk_drops (resized).jpg
1877f1 (resized).jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#53 7 years ago

You knew it was a rare GTL machine but didn't know that PBR was the exclusive parts distributor for all GTL custom parts? Sounds like a $20 lesson learned.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw the same thing and figured he'd have a much easier time dealing with Steve Young.

I don't know about that. Steve has little tolerance for this type of nonsense. He tends to tell it like it is.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I don't know about that. Steve has little tolerance for this type of nonsense. He tends to tell it like it is.

I think the person you are quoting was making the same comment in a snarky way. He's funny like that.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed PBRs website doesn't show a pic or specify hot stamped on Punk. How did you know what you were getting before you ordered them? Or did you just assume they were.

You are incorrect. This is exactly what it says on PBR's site, top of their drop target page:

The Pinball Resource
Drop Targets

All of our drop targets listed below are hot-stamped (unless otherwise noted) and are either NOS or replacement parts, hot-stamped with the original tooling and dies, whenever possible. These replacement parts are hot-stamped in methods faithful to the original factory parts, done to meet or exceed the original specifications!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

It's not Marco kool-aid guy, it's common sense kool-aid, maybe you should have a glass or two.

I'm all out, can I borrow some? My common sense tells me to shop elsewhere and avoid their BS. Drink up and enjoy shopping with Marco. Since you're all down with the what you see is what you get shopping method, I highly recommend Jeff McAfee/Classic Arcades products for you.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

You are incorrect. This is exactly what it says on PBR's site, top of their drop target page:

I stand incorrected.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

That IS a Gottlieb System 80A game, and the targets on that game are blank to begin with from the factory. What's wrong with them? Are they the right colors?

As a owner of several System 80A games; this statement is incorrect.

#60 7 years ago

Rillo, it's Chris.

Always go w/ Steve over at PBR *anything* Gottlieb. Anything.

I've been amassing Punk items for a while till I acquired my machine. I might have some extra Punk drops in my parts pile if you need some.

#61 7 years ago

Just do a chargeback on your credit card and you'll get your full money back. I understand restocking fees if the merchant is paying shipping (either way), shipped the item to you for free, or if an item is opened. But if the customer is paying shipping both ways, and the item is unopened and can be re-sold as new, the restocking fee is ridiculous and just poor customer service and a sure way to be sure that the customer never buys anything from you again.

You'll find very, very few merchants would have the gall to charge a restocking fee if the customer pays both ways shipping and the item is returned new/sealed in a timely fashion. Again, just a bad policy from Marco here if what is stated is true.

2 weeks later
#62 7 years ago

FYI Marco refund my money and apologized for the mistake. Thank you

#63 7 years ago

I met Marco at the Alameda "Shoot the Moon"They do better then anybody else!! I have gone to them over BAA every time,now,Baa should change their Avatar to "Out of stock"!!

#64 7 years ago

Maybe time to change the thread title?

#65 7 years ago

Agreed, glad to hear Marco did the right thing and resolved the situation. Looks like they also corrected their site with a pic of the proper drops too.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1569

#66 7 years ago

I met Mr Marco at an Allentown show once and he could not have been nicer and gave me a great deal for Two TAF toppers that I needed really bad for my TAF restore that was missing one. They were not even on the tables for sale but a friend spotted them on a table with their personal items, they had not been put out for sale as the had some minor damage. He sold then took the time to talk for a couple of minutes about pinball parts etc. All of the Staff have always been friendly when I order and correct any mistakes. I love their site and is the best for finding parts or even researching parts. They are one of the best pinball vendors and I am thankful they are in business and I will continue to always use there site even if a mistake is made.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

not even try to make no effort to help it out and just say go buy the decals

Feel a little sorry for Marco at losing the chance to get a good customer over an incorrect
or mistaken picture. Good customers are hard to find these days. Hope the customer
feedback helps to avoid future confusion.

2 weeks later
#68 7 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

I bought a set of Gottlieb Punk drop targets from Marco as show on website and they sent me a set of Gottlieb system 80 targets (blanket ones) called Marco n explained that was not the right ones and they said that they are charging me beside US postage an 20% restock fee. I asked if they could waive the restock fee with no success, they told me to go buy the decals set somewhere else. Marco specialties bye bye you never get my money again!!!!

You are not the only one !!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hmmm-do-you-believe-that-marco-s-sells-good-quality-stuff

#69 7 years ago

I LOVE MARCO!!! You guys are trippin' NOBODY stocks more useful parts then them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-bad-customer-services/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.