Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

macro-drop-targets (resized).JPG
marco-black-drop-target (resized).JPG
marco-yellow-drop-target (resized).JPG
download (resized).jpg
Punk_drops (resized).jpg
1877f1 (resized).jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

I bought a set of Gottlieb Punk drop targets from Marco as show on website and they sent me a set of Gottlieb system 80 targets (blanket ones) called Marco n explained that was not the right ones and they said that they are charging me beside US postage an 20% restock fee. I asked if they could waive the restock fee with no success, they told me to go buy the decals set somewhere else. Marco specialties bye bye you never get my money again!!!!

#2 7 years ago

That IS a Gottlieb System 80A game, and the targets on that game are blank to begin with from the factory. What's wrong with them? Are they the right colors? If so, I could see why he may feel like you are returning something "proper".

I have only had good experiences with Marco Specialties however I have never had to deal with their customer service side of things. I won't jump to conclusions in blindly defending them, though, I know how annoying that can be.

#3 7 years ago

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1569

They look blank to me? Or is it just the 80A thing Otaku cleared up?

#4 7 years ago

I always look at what I am buying before ordering it.

#5 7 years ago

Marco seems to be unclear pretty frequently...

It does say kit, and does not specify that they are blank/require addition decals...

I bought an over priced flyer and manual from them a while back and both turned out to be copies, but did not say that...(some do state now)...when I questioned it, I was told basically same thing about returns....

And their shipping charges are of course nuts in first place ...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always look at what I am buying before ordering it.

Yeah I hate it when the picture matches the actual product.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Yeah I hate it when the picture matches the actual product.

Be forwarned when buying pinball parts off e-bay and it includes the slogan, "this is the actual item you will receive" .

#8 7 years ago

They are not blank on the flyer. Not sure about the production model.

1877f1 (resized).jpg1877f1 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

These are the only photos I could find where the drop targets had some sort of decal/stamp/image on them.

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/images/mc/punk.html

My first stop for Gottlieb parts is PBResource. Most of the other suppliers get their parts from them anyway.

#10 7 years ago

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1877&picno=61074

Same looking drop targets on this game as on the Marco website.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Marco seems to be unclear pretty frequently...
It does say kit, and does not specify that they are blank/require addition decals...
I bought an over priced flyer and manual from them a while back and both turned out to be copies, but did not say that...(some do state now)...when I questioned it, I was told basically same thing about returns....
And their shipping charges are of course nuts in first place ...

I guess you had no idea what the price of the flyer and manual was before buying and the site didn't tell you the shipping cost before you made the purchase? Geez who is to blame for paying too much when you know what you need to pay up front? And why then did you continue to check out if it was all so over priced? Unbelievable.

#12 7 years ago

So Marco's listing clearly shows BLANK targets, makes zero mention of them coming with decals, and you're mad that they didn't come with decals? Amazing.

We can thank whoever came up with "the customer is always right" for this type of complaint, that saying is and always has been a fallacy. Don't expect much support on this one.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1877&picno=61074
Same looking drop targets on this game as on the Marco website.

Keep in mind that IPDB images are user-submitted and might not always be 100% factory accurate.

In either case, most games I'm seeing just have the blank targets.

Also note that there are sometimes variations between the flyer and the production game.

#14 7 years ago

I have had issues with marco twice now. Both were resolved quickly by them (kinda).

Bought a ramp flap for rbion. Ramp flap was not correctly designed and did not fit the game. They sent a second, same deal. I said screw it and it still sits on a shelf.

Recently bought 3 red transparant spot targets at 9 a pop. The spots came in and all are cracked at the rivet in the same place. Sent an email with the picture. Marco checked stock, said they are all like that and then refunded me.

Marco is silly expensive for some things, but their shipping and service has always been good. In the op's case I am having to side with marco.

#15 7 years ago

These are the correct drops for the game and the ones that PBR sells. They are hot stamped and not decals. Marco should either take back the incorrect blank ones they sold him, free of charge or send him the proper targets.
Punk_drops (resized).jpgPunk_drops (resized).jpg

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

These are the correct drops for the game and the ones that PBR sells. They are hot stamped and not decals. Marco should either take back the incorrect blank ones they sold him, free of charge or send him the proper targets.

But the website that he ordered from clearly shows them as blank targets. Even if these targets were hot pink with clown decals on them if the OP bought them from Marcos with a stock photo of hot pink targets with clown decals with them then that's what he should expect to receive, right? I don't see the issue here. It sounds like the OP received exactly what was pictured on Marcos site. He said in his post "I bought a set of Gottlieb Punk drop targets from Marco as show on website". Maybe the OP is leaving out some information here but based on what's been said so far I don't see the issue.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

But you see, he didn't order from PBR, he ordered from Marco and got EXACTLY what he ordered. It wouldn't kill them to waive the restocking fee, but it is in their returns policy and they are probably really tired of people expecting it be waived for shit like this.

Out of curiosity I looked these up at PBR, $4.00 a piece. Deal with the restocking fee from Marco, order from PBR for $48 bucks and you still have $12.00 left over for shipping from them and have what you falsely expected from Marco.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperMagician:

I looked these up at PBR, $4.00 a piece. Deal with the restocking fee from Marco, order from PBR for $48 bucks and you still have $12.00 left over for shipping from them and have what you falsely expected from Marco.

I saw the same thing and figured he'd have a much easier time dealing with Steve Young.

#19 7 years ago

I ordered some flipper coils from Marco on Monday evening and received them today. I have have never had a problem with Marco and recommend them.

#20 7 years ago

Is not about the money, I understand the policy, is about the mislead of the add, they should say not with hot stamp on it!! And also not even try to make no effort to help it out and just say go buy the decals? Come on!!!

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

But the website that he ordered from clearly shows them as blank targets. Even if these targets were hot pink with clown decals on them if the OP bought them from Marcos with a stock photo of hot pink targets with clown decals with them then that's what he should expect to receive, right? I don't see the issue here. It sounds like the OP received exactly what was pictured on Marcos site. He said in his post "I bought a set of Gottlieb Punk drop targets from Marco as show on website". Maybe the OP is leaving out some information here but based on what's been said so far I don't see the issue.

Well then they should not list them as Punk drop targets then for that specific game, now should they? And then subsequently fix their site. They are not, in fact, for this game. It's false advertising and misleading and Marco's fault, so that's why they should take them back and refund the money and not give him some BS about a 20% restocking fee to add insult to injury. By your logic, if I saw a picture of TZ gumball machine there, I should expect Marco to send me a TZ gumball machine? C'mon. Could/should the OP have asked them if there was art on them to avoid confusion, probably, but he also did not get what he expected when he ordered and all he wants now is to return them for a full refund. This is just bad business for Marco to be so petty about this. With this type of customer service, Marco will be a last resort when I'm looking for parts.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1569

#22 7 years ago

Don't be so sure PBRs are all "Hot Stamped" as well...I know the Royal Flush ones are not anymore.

It's a little of both here...but honestly you looked at a picture of blank targets and ordered them. The originals seem not to exist anywhere?

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Rillo:

is about the mislead of the add, they should say not with hot stamp on it!!

When you saw the pic of the blank targets, did you call and ask if they were stamped before ordering them?

#24 7 years ago

No I didn't call I was just assuming as Punk drop target, why I should call? I read Punk drop target!!! I didn't know until my friend told me that was the wrong ones!!!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't be so sure PBRs are all "Hot Stamped" as well...I know the Royal Flush ones are not anymore.
It's a little of both here...but honestly you looked at a picture of blank targets and ordered them. The originals seem not to exist anywhere?

The original hot stamped targets for Punk exist from PBR. That is exactly what they sent me when I ordered from them recently.

Marco kool-aid drinkers unite!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

It's not Marco kool-aid guy, it's common sense kool-aid, maybe you should have a glass or two.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

The original hot stamped targets for Punk exist from PBR. That is exactly what they sent me when I ordered from them recently.

Good to know. I never order anything from Marco unless they are the last person on earth to have it....I'd rather order from Australia.

Of course I'm also more of a looker than a reader

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I noticed PBRs website doesn't show a pic or specify hot stamped on Punk. How did you know what you were getting before you ordered them? Or did you just assume they were.

#29 7 years ago

I've dealt with marco on several occasions with returns, questions and I've never had issue with them. They always get back to me really fast. sometimes there stuff is more expensive, but they have more of a selection. Usually when I buy parts to restore a game I wind up having to get them from 10 different sites. couldn't imagine doing it without marco.

When buying parts especially game specific I always try to find as many places with the item to see what the differences are. Most of the time only one or two places have the item anyway, Australia is always a last resort.

I only got one item that I was unhappy with.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9842-78

it said it was a replacement for the 1" standoffs #03-9842 , since it was 7/8" it wasn't long enough. didn't even make it over the ball guide rail.
at least it didn't for champion pub not sure about monster bash, decided to keep it anyway.

#30 7 years ago

Marco been berry berry good to me.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#31 7 years ago

Love Marco. Not always the cheapest prices, but if i had to order from 5 different places, shipping would kill me... so i dont mind. Great customer service.

#32 7 years ago

Waaa Waaaa Waaaaaaaa
I've ordered a ton from Marco and always been very happy they are my go-to place, if they don't have it then I search elsewhere.

#33 7 years ago

Something definitely is off here.

The description of the Punk (Gottlieb) Drop Target kit makes no illusion to the fact that these are supposed to be the correct Punk targets and not plain Gottlieb drop targets. They even charge a premium.

Here is the current price for the "Punk Drop Target Kit".
macro-drop-targets (resized).JPGmacro-drop-targets (resized).JPG

Here is the current price for the plain black and yellow drop targets.
marco-black-drop-target (resized).JPGmarco-black-drop-target (resized).JPG
marco-yellow-drop-target (resized).JPGmarco-yellow-drop-target (resized).JPG

Let me do the math for you. 69.95-((6*3.49)+(6*3.50)=28.01 premium for buying plain Gottlieb drop targets (notice the bulk pricing).
Not sure what the argument is here.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Scribble:

Not sure what the argument is here.

When you do your homework and check around the website you get the drop targets for cheaper is a good argument.

#35 7 years ago

Sounds like Marco made a mistake. Maybe bring up this particular error to him and perhaps he will give you a refund this time if you mention they are supposed to be hot-stamped with a design on them, because in the end this helps him as well so he can correct the issue on his storefront. He is probably assuming himself that the targets are blank from the factory, hence his confusion when dealing with your request and why he would think it is crazy, since likely as far as he knows "they are correct".

He probably looked on IPDB and saw the blank ones and assumed that was it, unless those are a Marco set themselves.

What exactly did you say to him? Did you just tell him they were "WRONG!!!!!" or did you explain how this game originally came with stamped targets and that his inventory had an error? If you weren't clear about it, he is probably assuming it was your fault and you ordered the wrong thing and now you want a refund. Kindly enlighten him with details about this legitimate error on his part and perhaps he will have a change of heart.

If you weren't explaining to him the exact issue or if you were rude and blunt about it you are both at fault.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When you do your homework and check around the website you get the drop targets for cheaper is a good argument.

I don't even understand what you are talking about. These are not the correct drop targets.
What you get is the luxury of paying 13.99 in re-stocking fees due to fraudulent advertising.

Go troll a different thread.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Scribble:

I don't even understand what you are talking about. These are not the correct drop targets.

You don't understand English? Marco's website includes pictures and part numbers of what you are buying. A blank can be used to replace a stamped target. Sure it says Punk, but the pics show blanks. If you don't bother to look at the pics or ask questions or look around to see if it's going to be cheaper another way then you are just plain lazy.

Now go troll your own ass!

#38 7 years ago

Marco has been nothing but great with me! Did you actually call and talk to someone or did you send them some type of nast gram? They are my first choice and great to deal with. I have never ordered online from the. I sometimes have part numbers and they always help me out. Sometimes it is not what you are asking for but how you ask for it!

#39 7 years ago

The argument is: I don't believe a too many of people here know or maybe heard the game Punk or how the drop target looks like, like me. The point is if u buy something thinking is what you need and when you got it you found out that is not the right ones and you ask if you can return and they said screw you, you have to pay the 20% restock fee? You just believe the supplier, they said Punk drop targets and not Gottlieb targets that can be use on Punk.

#40 7 years ago

I think if you bring it to their attention that the single target price is cheaper, they will probably do something about it. It's all in how you bring it up to them. I've found pricing errors and they had no problem adjusting it.

#41 7 years ago

What does the 20% restocking fee amount to? If it's less than $20, I'll cover it

#42 7 years ago

Ask questions? I looked at IPDB and they didn't have the right ones either at the pictures, that's a rare game and I trusted at Marco, I bought a lot from Marco in past and never have problem either and I just thought they will take care me from a false advertise, that's all!!

#43 7 years ago

I'll add a note here:

I bought a Freddy not too long ago and needed new drop targets and other things. I shopped around, did my due diligence, did my research, did the math, and ordered parts for my game from Marco. On their website I saw that they had drop targets and stickers for the drops. I knew what I was getting before placing the order. I knew I would need to apply the sticker to the target myself and that it was not hot stamped. I saw the images of the products I was going to buy. I did not assume anything, I knew 100% what I was getting.

I was not disappointed with anything as again I knew what I would receive.

#44 7 years ago

Bottom line is if you have any questions about what goes on a Gottlieb, you ask Steve Young from PBresource and he is usually the best source for Gottlieb parts and is usually cheaper too.

But you can't get everything there, and Marco is the most complete supplier of whatever else you might need and they do a flat rate shipping of $9.95 no matter how big the order. Marco is the only place I buy rubbers from as theirs are far superior than everybody elses.

Between the two, there is rarely an occasion for me to buy anywhere else because both outfits customer service has been second to none for me. Just getting your shit together before you order eliminates these kind of problems.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I guess you had no idea what the price of the flyer and manual was before buying and the site didn't tell you the shipping cost before you made the purchase? Geez who is to blame for paying too much when you know what you need to pay up front? And why then did you continue to check out if it was all so over priced? Unbelievable.

Don't be assinign, my comment was that items I received were over priced...I am literate enough to see what I am paying. It WAS over priced for photo copies...It did not say it was a copy, I was ok with price for originals...

Regardless, their shipping prices are way too high for small orders.

I order when they are only place that has everything I need in one stop.

I was simply stating my experience to point out sometimes description isn't clear enough...

No need to act so pretentious over it

#46 7 years ago

I have never had bad service from Marco. They do cost more than most other vendors.
But if you want to get a bulk of your parts in one place order from Marco. If your looking for the best
price order elsewhere.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Scribble:

Let me do the math for you. 69.95-((6*3.49)+(6*3.50)=28.01 premium for buying plain Gottlieb drop targets (notice the bulk pricing).

Wow.

$41.94 as a group, but $69.95 as a game-specific set? Yikes.

I dug a little bit to see what other sets were going for:

Same situation with another 12-drop set with blank targets ($69.95): http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1527

However, same price for a 15-drop set with stamping ($69.99): http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1219
Individual targets are listed for $5 each: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24269-G http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24269-Y
$5 x 15 = $75

However, with 10-drop set (with stamping), the price is $49.95, but the individual targets cost more when bought individually: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1646

White drop$6.49 x 1) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-W-R
Yellow drop: ($6.49 x 2 ) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-Y-GL
Black drop: ($6.49 x 3) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-K-W
Red drop: ($9.95 x 4) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11905-RS
Total: $78.74

The prices on 12-drop sets don't make sense to me. But according to Marco's pricing of individual targets, 12 and 15 drop sets have slightly better pricing than the individual targets they list.

That said, I'm happy to keep buying from PBR directly. All Gottlieb targets are $4/ea. For 10=$40, 12=$48, 15=$60. If you reach $100+ for an order, the order gets a 10% discount.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from kuelman:

I have never had bad service from Marco. They do cost more than most other vendors.
But if you want to get a bulk of your parts in one place order from Marco. If your looking for the best
price order elsewhere.

Elsewhere didn't have Gottlieb Punk targets set beside PBR, that's why I got from Marco and Marco advertising having that. I ordered other things also with the Punk targets order... the point is, don't have in your site something that really is not the part that people are looking for it, special when is a game that is rare!!!

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow.
$41.94 as a group, but $69.95 as a game-specific set? Yikes.
I dug a little bit to see what other sets were going for:
Same situation with another 12-drop set with blank targets ($69.95): http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1527
However, same price for a 15-drop set with stamping ($69.99): http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1219
Individual targets are listed for $5 each: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24269-G http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24269-Y
$5 x 15 = $75
However, with 10-drop set (with stamping), the price is $49.95, but the individual targets cost more when bought individually: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/DT1646
White drop$6.49 x 1) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-W-R
Yellow drop: ($6.49 x 2 ) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-Y-GL
Black drop: ($6.49 x 3) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-13179-K-W
Red drop: ($9.95 x 4) http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-11905-RS
Total: $78.74
The prices on 12-drop sets don't make sense to me. But according to Marco's pricing of individual targets, 12 and 15 drop sets have slightly better pricing than the individual targets they list.
That said, I'm happy to keep buying from PBR directly. All Gottlieb targets are $4/ea. For 10=$40, 12=$48, 15=$60. If you reach $100+ for an order, the order gets a 10% discount.

Thanks Forceflow for the info!!!

#50 7 years ago

Isn't there an upcharge on LED sets for specific games? I just thought the upcharge is for people who don't want to take the time to count how many rubber rings or LEDs or drop targets they need and can just quickly add something to the cart. Nothing shady but just an added service provided by the seller.

I've bought some stuff from Marco and always am pleased with the service. I bought a repin connector set for my Stern rectifier board and one connector was a male instead of a female in the bag. There was like six connectors in the bag and I just figured it was a common mistake. I called them on a Tues. and two days later one appeared in the mail express shipped. Great service in my opinion.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-bad-customer-services/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.