Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

Anyone else notice that Marco's price on the Alltek MPU recently went up and is now $20 higher than MSRP?

#2 9 months ago

Another reason to order direct.

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Another reason to order direct.

Or weebly it

#4 9 months ago

Yeah, don't go for Alltek, go Weebly/NVRAM route.

#5 9 months ago

Weird, I just got one that I need to sell. Am opting to go the build your own route.

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

Weird, I just got one that I need to sell. Am opting to go the build your own route.

Alltek mpu? How much you want for it? I need one for my xenon.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from awassig:

Alltek mpu? How much you want for it? I need one for my xenon.

will probably just sell it locally so someone can save on shipping. literally never opened it so no sense in dropping the price and eating shipping and discounting to incentivize a buyer.

#8 9 months ago

Yes, I noticed the price jump right when I was getting ready to order one. I bought it from Pinballlife instead.

#10 9 months ago

Plus, like I stated elsewhere - better support, more features, and better handled for future ROM enhancements to classic games.

#11 9 months ago

If we are going that route, my vote is for lisy35 or bally fa.

Spent last night working on two bally fa boards. Dead nuts simple to put together. Includes the roms, can handle new roms, includes free play. Going to run me like 55 a piece.

#12 9 months ago

I don't think I've heard of this one yet. Do you have a reference link to it? All the search results I'm getting are general "for auction" posts.

#13 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think I've heard of this one yet. Do you have a reference link to it? All the search results I'm getting are general "for auction" posts.

lisy now has a FPGA and a "lisy" set
    https://lisy.dev/fpga-mpus.html

#14 9 months ago
    Quoted from Photopin:

Yes, I noticed the price jump right when I was getting ready to order one. I bought it from Pinballlife instead.

Exactly what I did too. I honestly thought the Altek was the only option until this thread. I'll try the weebly next time. Thanks.

#15 9 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

lisy now has a FPGA and a "lisy" set
    https://lisy.dev/fpga-mpus.html

Oh, I didn't realize the bally fa was part of the lisy lineup. Thanks

#16 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Oh, I didn't realize the bally fa was part of the lisy lineup. Thanks

fgpa doesn't have the flexibility of the pi and customizing, but the fpga is the "oem" replacement with quickboot up times.

#17 9 months ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

fgpa doesn't have the flexibility of the pi and customizing, but the fpga is the "oem" replacement with quickboot up times.

Can run custom code if desired. Cheaper to build. Fast boot up times. Does everything most of us want out of an mpu.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside