(Topic ID: 15960)

Marco Alert

By Firebaall

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hello_,,.gif
    bebe3.gif
    DSC00009_1.jpg
    laughing.gif
    DSC00025_.jpg
    DSC00024_.jpg
    DSC00023_.jpg
    There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

The black puck is a rebound bumper. I hear you though, 30% of kits I've bought from various people have been screwed up, it's frustrating.

#4 11 years ago

MOTHER LICKER! I hate Marco's new website.

Beyond frustrating...

I have the entire playfield torn down, and waiting to be reassembled.

#5 11 years ago

Just placed a Marco order literally 5 minutes ago.
    Hopefully I have better luck.
    My one previous order with them was perfect and quick.

#7 11 years ago

Interesting. My most recent order of parts had pieces missing even though they were listed on the packing list. Maybe they are rushing through things. Never had an error before now and I have bought a LOT from them.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Which did you order?

The Allied Getaway came up when sorted by game under "Williams". NOT HAPPY.

What pisses me off even more, the packing slip is for Williams, but the kit was for the Allied. MARCO!!!!!! I have the angry going on.

Those pictures above are all from the kit they sent me (including the Williams rubber map).

#9 11 years ago

Nice, I just placed an order with them earlier today. I hate ordering rubber kits. No one seems to get it right. I can't wait for the surprise.

#10 11 years ago

My last 2 orders with Marco's were wrong too. not so cool.
    ..the germans at pinballcenter on the other hand

#11 11 years ago

I agree. It's like buying LED kits. There's always something missed or screwed up. This was a mix-up from Marco moving to the new format. One or two missing rubbers, I can compensate for.

....just not half of them missing.

In Marco's defense, they are quick to correct their mistakes. I'm just pissed because it shot my weekend project to hell, and I'll have to wait 1-2 weeks to get the correct parts they send.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderpants:

My last 2 orders with Marco's were wrong too. not so cool.
    ..the germans at pinballcenter on the other hand

I think I'll blame the international channels they use to ship us our parts.

Oh well...

Booze and Japanese pop seem to help.

#13 11 years ago

At least you are not 10 days of shipping away from Marco's
    EDIT It's all K pop these days

#14 11 years ago

PCX Pinball on Ebay seems to get it right most of the time. I like 'em.

Sure wish I would've talked to the Marco guys at the RMPS about their site. It needed work before, but now it really sucks. They were dressed the nicest. Gotta have priorities.

#15 11 years ago

Not far off from those 10 days!

Quoted from Thunderpants:

EDIT It's all K pop these days

I know man... My Kpop collection is hitting almost 2-1 vs my Jpop.

Kara are one of my favourites ("Step", is insanely cool)! Wonder Girls are next in line.

#16 11 years ago

Take a chill pill...or have a Margarita...since it is Cinco-de-Mayo...
    It's not the end of the world. That comes in November.
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#17 11 years ago

heh...

I'm not nearly as angry as I was an hour ago. I have a new weekend goal. Finishing that nasty bottle of tequila that I was griping about last week.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

heh...I have a new weekend goal. Finishing that nasty bottle of tequila that I was griping about last week.

Now you're talkin'!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://www.Team-EM.com
    http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball.htm
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#19 11 years ago

I might have to eat some humble pie on the tequila front. The more I drink...the more I think "It's not so bad".

It's a good thing typing doesn't convey speech slurage.

#20 11 years ago

I stopped buying ring 'kits' after I bought about a half dozen of them. Never seem to be 'right'. Bulk is where it's at, once you have more than about 5 machines.

#21 11 years ago

I agree 100% with John. I've always bought in bulk and it's definitely the way to go, IMHO. It's cheaper, and you always have spares on hand if something breaks/gets worn out. Even better is that when you bring home a new machine/s, you don't have to wait for an order to show up before you can re-rubber.

#22 11 years ago

Just give Marco a call and tell them what happened/is missing. I have probably ordered 20-30 times from Marco and had 2 orders with problems and they sent me the missing parts and I had them in a day or two, really easy.

#23 11 years ago

Either buy in bulk or just individually order the sizes you need according to the manual. I dont think it comes out more price wise when buying a kit.

#24 11 years ago

Thunderpants and firbaall

thanks for the videos. they are awesome on mute

#25 11 years ago

I have been lucky and never had a issue with them.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

thanks for the videos. they are awesome on mute

post of the week!

#27 11 years ago

I miss the "old Marco".

They no longer do price matching.

They no longer ship the same day you order. Now they wait a couple of days before they ship.

I agree, their new web site sucks. I like the old version MUCH better.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

I just orderd a 2nd kit from them, first one was wrong and then just got this new one for Roadshow and it was even worse. I give up buying kits, bulk rubbers for me from now on. Just like college.

#29 11 years ago

Stop buying anything from Marco. They don't care, and they make you responsible for their mistakes. BAA for rubber kits, any issues any Sara corrects it asap.

#30 11 years ago

I agree, BAA are great people to do business with.

#31 11 years ago

Also why even use marco? is it cheaper to import to canada? Pinball Life should be first stop for all your minor needs then the bigger places.

Agree buy in bulk from terry its cheap and you have what you need. One of his bulk kits does two games normally.

#32 11 years ago

Hope they won't get a 6 pack order of Novus wrong.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

They don't care, and they make you responsible for their mistakes

I ordered a new dmd for my lotr and it wasn't working correctly, I had to pay the return shipping.
    to get the replacement dmd in a timely manner, I bought a second one and they refunded me when they got the non working one back... they said they would send my next order for free... they seem to have a pretty good database, I look up parts on that site, then order from pinball life most of the time. just an example, I ordered a full led kit for my a13 from cointaker and the backbox led's were the wrong socket type... they sent out the right ones instantly and sent me return shipping to send the wrong ones back. that's what I consider customer service... I make mistakes myself, I don't hold that against anyone... the thing is how they deal with the mistake that matters to me.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

is it cheaper to import to canada?

hahaha that's funny, marco is the worst coming into Canada.

PBL for anything generic and in bulk for savings (rebuild parts etc)

BAA for w/b game specific parts, rubbers. MAD, depending on how Mike is feeling, LSOG gets interesting at times as well.

PBR for anything Gottlieb, old bally/stern, EM, and some other nice contributions to the hobby such as gear box rebuilts.

Marco - last resort when no one else has what you need and you're ready to get bent over and take it in the isehole as a last resort. Nothing like paying extra for the fast service, them f'ing it up, and then sending out their mistake by snail mail. Marco = the worst.

These are the big ones for me and how I use them, and there are a few other places that can have some stuff from time to time as well.

#35 11 years ago

I agree, PBL is my first choice.

However, when PBL doesn't carry what I need...it's Marco that has it. The problem is, that to try and stretch the value for the shipping charges, I'll order some of the other things too.

I don't think the US folks understand how badly we get charged. $30-$50 are normal shipping charges from Marco (for a small order).

#36 11 years ago

Honestly for something like a rubber kit, it's actually easier (and usually cheaper) to buy them on ebay. Plus I can always use spare paypal money to buy something small like that. I've yet to have a bad rubber kit order on ebay.

unlike businesses, with a feedback system, most sellers are going to be really careful. If only Marco had a feedback system.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

I don't think the US folks understand how badly we get charged. $30-$50 are normal shipping charges from Marco (for a small order

I had no idea...

#38 11 years ago

PL all the way.

someone have to explain to me why it cost so much more to ship in canada when money is the same?
    they send est coast to west coast for $7.99 twice the distance from Marco to Lets say ontario but for ontario it's like $45.00.

do they put extra news papers in the box?

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

PL all the way.
    someone have to explain to me why it cost so much more to ship in canada when money is the same?

Because you have to fill out all the Customs paperwork to ship to Canada.

The North American Free Trade deal was only to allow cheap Mexican labor to be used without tariff. Try to bring some lumber back from Canada if you want to see how "free" trade is between the countries, LOL.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Leeb18509 said:

I just orderd a 2nd kit from them, first one was wrong and then just got this new one for roadshow and it was even worse. I give up buying kits, bulk rubbers for me from now on. Just like college.

Uh oh. That's the latest kit I bought, just haven't started installing them yet! The WH20 kit was ok. Oh well, I have extras.

#41 11 years ago

A bit of an update:

I was disgruntled over the issue enough to not try and correct the order with Marco. I was just going to forget about the ordeal and move on. A Marco rep contacted me through pinside's PM feature to address my concerns.

Suffice to say, the rep took the time to try and find where the order went sideways as well as asking about concerns with the new website format. He also put into motion a shipment for a no cost replacement of the rubber kit.

I thought it fair to mention this, after my complaints.

Good customer service.

#42 11 years ago

I get my rubber kits from actionpinball.com, they have great kits never a problem even give ya map where each rubber goes (great for the first rubber job). I had the same problem with Marco on my rubber kit in the past. Real happy with actionpinball, there in Salt lake City, a bit pricey on other stuff but there rubber kits are great!

#43 11 years ago

I'll add my minor frustration. On my last order from Marco I thought that I had added two optical sensors to my basket. I was in a hurry and just rushed through the checkout process, which was 100% my fault. Upon glancing at my confirmation, I noticed that for whatever reason only one optical sensor was added. I immediately emailed, asking if they could add a second one to that order so I wouldn't have to pay another $5 for shipping. They emailed back saying that once an order is placed they can't change it. I'm sure that's the policy, but it's definitely not a way to show a customer that you're going above and beyond.

Anything that PBL has will be order there simply because Terry provides the best service.

#44 11 years ago

I'm glad they took care of you. I'm not surprised they took care of you, Marco has never taken me for a ride. I bought a ring kit once and they shipped the wrong color rings, then immediately took care of it when I called in.

The cost to ship to Canada is pretty extreme. I guess I don't notice it with my business as I ship everything as small First Class Int'l packages for 3-4 bucks typically. But I can see where it would be very frustrating!

Ring kits are a double edged sword. I believe PBR used to charge 50 cents to assemble a kit - but if you ordered the rings piecemeal, no 50 cent charge. I like to build my own out of my bulk stock, as the manual isn't always right.

Enjoy that Getaway, I've had 2 of them, and sold 2 of them - and should've kept one!

#45 11 years ago

I like Marco and but I have a feeling they get corrected about their ring sets a lot but never do anything with that info. With enough data points of user feedback these problems should eventually disappear. Same goes for LED sets from CT or whoever else.

#46 11 years ago

Glad To hear Marco Stepped up and took care of you.. They really are a Stand up company. I have only ever had one issue and they took care of it right away, then followed up a few days later to make sure I had gotten my package and it solved my issue.

Keep up the good work Marco!

#47 11 years ago

I've had numerous issues with Marco as well. Missing parts from orders, broken parts and incomplete kits. They have fixed two of my issues but refuse to work with me on another issue. They sell flipper repair kits saying it is a full replacement and list your game but then when the kit arrives they tell you that you have to buy an extra switch. Well why do they advertise it as a flipper rebuild kit and list my machine? Now I have to buy a $5 switch and pay $8 to ship it because while their kit was advertised to work with my machine it really isn't made specifically for my machine. How would a customer know this? If it lists a certain machine as compatible it should come with all the parts. I'd buy from PBL but he doesn't stock parts for old Ballys.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I stopped buying ring 'kits' after I bought about a half dozen of them. Never seem to be 'right'. Bulk is where it's at, once you have more than about 5 machines.

Yes, me too. Kits were almost always missing something. Never again. Now I just buy the tubs from Pinball Life and I always have what I need. Just keep them out of sunlight as they will yellow in time. Just put them in a box. Here si the link:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=486&parent=0

Pappy

#49 11 years ago

To be fare, my comments aren't for ring kits. I've never had a had rubber kit or led kit that has been right to date. This is in part to errors in almost all manuals, as well as the company at times as well.

My marco comments are for every other issue under the sun.

I should note I order rubber kits from PBR as well, Steve Young is one of the best people in pinball. I even enjoy getting scolded when I don't have my part numbers each time

#50 11 years ago

Heh, I placed my first order with Pinball Resource 2 weeks ago. I had ordered 4 black 4" rings along with a bunch of white ones.

I still got sent 4" white rings.

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marco-alert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.