Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by kruzman
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0087 (resized).JPG
    halo 2 (resized).jpg
    halo 1 (resized).jpg
    20170512_191339 (resized).jpg
    HPIM1607 (resized).JPG
    HPIM1606 (resized).JPG
    HPIM1601 (resized).JPG
    HPIM1598 (resized).JPG
    HPIM1597 (resized).JPG
    HPIM1596 (resized).JPG
    sns5 (resized).jpg
    sns4 (resized).jpg
    sns3 (resized).jpg
    sns2 (resized).jpg
    ron n dizzy (resized).jpg
    me at whorehouse (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

NOS, MM, and fair price is not something you'll ever find

I said fair, not cheaper but not the price of a nib machine either!

#52 7 years ago

I forgot to mention back on the pics of the hulk, notice the reflection of the light above. There is no waves or distortion in the clear, and no lop around the edge of that pop bumper hole. This is because of 2 days of extra work after the job is done. 3 weeks after th elast coat, I sand the whole thing with 800-3000 grit then the second day I buff it back to clear. then I have to clean out all of the holes by hand, rather than just blowing with the compressor. Yoy get what you pay for. many people are fine with reflections that roll all over as you move the reflection of the light across the surface, and they can pay less, because its another 10 hours at least to finish it right.

The cpr sns is no longer available

#53 7 years ago

I just made a template for drilling and dimpling Judge Dredd. So I wanted to mention that not only can I drill and dimple almost any pf, I will also install t nuts and pop bumper lug nail/screws. If I had a dime for every pf that I have repaired damage because of not installing the pop bumper nail screws correctly, I would have a lot of dimes.
    And since we are on the topic I wanted to share. Almost every time I didnt ask if a pf I was interested in, was dimpled... it was not. since it takes about 5 hrs and 120 of materials just to make the template, then it takes me about 4-5 hours to drill and dimple the pf and counter sink certain holes, it is a substansial cost to have done after you paid for the pf. I charge between 200-250. Many sellers dont know what it means and they think you are asking if the pf is dented. Actually the only thing they know is they pf is extreemly rare and worth solid gold. So suggestion for the day. cheers, kruz

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I have some pfs to add to the list for sale. I am selling for a customer.
    CPR star trek that I cleared and went thru and tweeked out. 1450 with the mod that lights up the engines on the enterprise

Would you be able to post some pictures? I've been on the current CPR list forever.

#55 7 years ago

Hi I didnt know cpr was going to remake the bally star trek. This pf is my best work, and its a beautiful pf, but it belongs to a customer who had a change in plans and now wants to do something diffrent with them. I will let you know if it changes again. Sorry I am not real happy about it either, but it ay change.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

Hi I didnt know cpr was going to remake the bally star trek. This pf is my best work, and its a beautiful pf, but it belongs to a customer who had a change in plans and now wants to do something diffrent with them. I will let you know if it changes again. Sorry I am not real happy about it either, but it ay change.

My mistake. Sorry. I though the one you were selling was a DE Star Trek. I don't know where my head was at yesterday.

#57 7 years ago

Incase anyone doesnt know, I can deliver pf to the patz show. I also have a really nice no fear for 2300. Plays 100% no pf wear. cab is super nice except like 30-40% fade. boards are perfect. game plays flawlessly. Also a gottlieb victory that I have to raise the price to 1200. works 100%, pf has no wear, no broke plastics, cab is awesome. I am not going to bring it unles it is sold.

#58 7 years ago

That no fear played great when I was there

#59 7 years ago

Do you still have the CPR TOTAN playfield? If yes. how much is it? I am bringing a NOS Spider-Man that was clear coated by Poolman from MAACA.

#60 7 years ago

The gottlieb victory game is sold. I think the new owners family is going to enjoy it. they only have room for one game, and it sounds like they have had about 20 games!
    I have several cpr totan pf's, you can email me if interested. I have one gold that I have cleard and I have been waiting to polish it until I find a home for it, since I have other more pressing jobs. If you are looking to trade your spiderman, I could get the cleared one done before the show, or the 2 others I have that are stock are silver and ungraded. the ungraded are from cpr contractors that get to pick the best one for themself. The truth is after 6 months and cureing, the gold is not always the best. for example the ungradedis usually gold-like or better, and with just a quick look, the silver and ungraded look the same to me now. Cpr grades look very similar when they are first shipped, like a gold looks like a gold, but they all change change diffrent amounts over the cureing time, so then a silver can look better than a gold. BUT if you are having them custom cleared, it dosnet really mater.

I am open to a trade, but I dont know who the clearcoater is, and the most important thing about a clearcoat is not visable (the prep). many guys who paint cars and are very good at it, dont have the experience with the materials a pf is made of and they dont have the years of feedback on what happens when installed and played. So I cant give much tward the clearcoat. but we can try to strike a deal. I dont think I have a spiderman. I am assuming you are talking about stern sm and not gottlieb. if you are talking gottlieb then we can make a deal one way or another.

#61 7 years ago

I want to share this. I did not get permission so I removed the name, but this really made my day yesturday. I am not bragging or showing off. Its just that the net is usually a place where people can critisize without getting backhanded. I do it we all do it, and compliments are far and few between.

Absolutely Ron anytime, its easy to talk you up when your work looks so
    good. I think for most people, they just dont realize the amount of time
    and energy you spend making things just right. When you break down the
    hours that spend and the cost of the materials, you do a skilled job for a
    reasonable price exceptionally well. Ive seen probably 40 or 50 of your
    playfields over the years and everyone looks like its wrapped in glass.
    Around here there is often time a very negative vocal minority but know
    theres a lot of us up here in northern cali that really, really respect
    your work and appreciate what you do. If theres anything i can ever do for
    you please dont hesitate to ask

One of my biggest delimas is when I am going above what is expected, or what I am going to bill for, on a job because it will make it awesome, rather than awesome, but not perfect. I always wonder and I wasting my time and money by concentrating on this trival repair>

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

One of my biggest delimas is when I am going above what is expected, or what I am going to bill for, on a job because it will make it awesome, rather than awesome, but not perfect. I always wonder and I wasting my time and money by concentrating on this trival repair>

Problem with this is if you do then your basically doing the different levels thing, and that will lead into the question about the quality of your work. We've had this conversation many times and I think were always in agreement with each other over this. Never jeopardize your reputation, because once you do then it's game over.

John

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I am open to a trade, but I dont know who the clearcoater is, and the most important thing about a clearcoat is not visable (the prep). many guys who paint cars and are very good at it, dont have the experience with the materials a pf is made of and they dont have the years of feedback on what happens when installed and played. So I cant give much tward the clearcoat. but we can try to strike a deal. I dont think I have a spiderman. I am assuming you are talking about stern sm and not gottlieb. if you are talking gottlieb then we can make a deal one way or another.

It is an NOS Stern SM playfield. I would consider selling it outright. I will be bringing it with me to Allentown.

#64 7 years ago

I am always interested in trades tward pf's or clear work, but you have to contact me personaly, I am not going to hammer out a deal on a public form.
    If you are just looking to sell the pf, start a thread.

#65 7 years ago

NOS Corvette pf added to the list. I have a cpr gold also

1 week later
    #66 7 years ago

1 pf added to the list, a bally VAMPIRE. I have only seen one of this title and it was at the ohio show. The game is sooo cool and art work is very diffrent than any other bally. 2 player. Only 799 produced. Yes the pf is for sale, but I have been looking for the game for years. So if you know of a game available, let me know.

The shadow is on hold
    Road kings sold at the patz

#67 7 years ago

I have a cpr bally Star trek pf that I re-cleared for sale for a customer who decided not to do a restoration, so he dropped off the NOS back glass, and repro plastics. Plus I have the LED mod of the Enterprise engines, which I think is very cool, and I am no fan of mods.
    He is looking for what he paid for everything which is
    1450 for the pf
    425 for the backglass
    125 for the plastics

There is no creme on there for me, just doin a favor, so I cant do any deals, but I can either communicate to him, or just put you in touch with him, if interested

I forgot to post the ipdb link to vampire
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2716&picno=2589

1 week later
    #68 6 years ago

shadow sold for 975 and road kings went for 375 (it needed to be recleared bad)
    I just wanted to post to show that you can make an offer if you are serious

1 week later
    #69 6 years ago

I just got in a really nice Bride of Pinbot repro

I am tweeking and clearing a cpr CENTAUR. It will be ready soon, but is available for sale now
    ALSO I am clearing the NOS star trek next Gen pf, Leveled, and painted any cracked insert edges, fixed and flaws, seal the back ect...
    It will be done soon, and is also available.

#70 6 years ago

Just grasping at straws here man, but you wouldn't happen to have a Sinbad pf laying around anywhere would ya Ron?
    Thanks for all the amazing work you do.

#71 6 years ago

I had a really nice sinbad that was used. I bought it knowing it wouldnt sell for what I would have to charge for it to be touched up and cleared, but it was so nice, and I am the president of the gott fan club. I bought it, and one of the local guys ended up buying it for art in their pin rooms. J.D. or P.M more than likely.
    As usual, the long way to say no

I wanted to mention if anyone reads this stuff that the Bride of pinbot reproduction playfield is quite a bit heavier than all of the other pf's I have in the stack (repros). Noticably heavier is a good thing. Quality wood is hard to find now days. Not impossible but difficult and expensive. I really like the work on it. the cnc work is all smooth inside the cutouts. When I sand off the stock clear the inserts are nice and level. I am not compairing to other manufactures, I am trying to say since this maker is pretty new in the biz, he is definatly on the right track. I know it is always risky sending money over seas, you never know what you get. So in this case he gets the "Legit" kruzman stamp

#72 6 years ago

That's alright buddy, I found one of yer masterpieces hiding in FL. Been drooling over yer work for years, now I finally got myself a King Kruzman! Super stoked!
    20170512_191339 (resized).jpg20170512_191339 (resized).jpg

#73 6 years ago

That looks beautiful.
    In my experience populating pf's that are clearcoated, I found before I do every drill I use my diamond dremmil bit to remove the clear, then I use my glue kit to apply the glue so it immediatly absorbs in to the wood and under the clear all around the hole. this holds the clear down for the future in case you have to pull out a post and the wood swelled around it. so I sell a diamond dremmil kit with 8 or 9 bits for 40, and a glue kit with hyposermic needles for 25. I just dimpled a pf that was cleared by someone who did no sanding prep. none. so every single drill hole even with the small bits caused a halo of ghosted clear. my glue kit fixes this prob easily
    also make sure tobuy a new set of high quality drill bits. I just bought a set of bosch, that are very sharp
    here are some horrible pics. the glue soaks in to the wood and under the clear, which fills the halo gap and holds it down for the future

halo 1 (resized).jpghalo 1 (resized).jpg

halo 2 (resized).jpghalo 2 (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Crazy that I balked at $1500 for yer I500 but happily shelled out a G for a Sinbad.
    But my I500 pf is in pretty good shape. Eventually I know I want you to bring it back to life though. All hail the King!

#75 6 years ago

I have the other Sinbad playfield that Ron is talking about. It was restored by someone else other then Ron and looks better in the ceiling then it would in a game........
    Glad to see you found a much nicer one.

John

#76 6 years ago

Thanks John! Was beginning to doubt my sanity for putting a thousand dollar pf in a $400 game. But we want what we want, right?
    Reminds of that young punk in a 1989 Caprice with $5000 rims. They spinnin!

#77 6 years ago

Big thanks to JohnI in FL for being an awesome dude to deal with.
    Thanks John!

#78 6 years ago

I used to be smug at the 2 thousand dollar rims on the caprice also (they spin when the car is still!!!!) until I got in to pinball.
    For example I paid a thousand for a dragon game, and not an em!! I didnt even negoiate. thousand for a dragon! I never even wanted a dragon...l until I saw this one. It was restored about 2000-2005 i think by the pf wear, but it has a nos pf installed, I am guessing a nos backglass, the cab is a 9+ and it has a pasquel board in it. Its flawless. It is totally stock, but except for some arch ball trail, brand new!!!
    What is even more outragious is, I am sure it cost much more than a grand to restore, way more, plus the hours!

On the same topic, I bought a pin at the kzoo show I thought was one of the 3 pins I would never own, Monte carlo. It used to be like all of the other monte carlos out there, not working and trashed. I had never even played the dam title. Once I saw it all restored, and polished and for sale, I borrowed the money immediatly!!! This game looks much nicer than new, and plays amazing. This game was restored so well, even the stuff that dosent matter was done. The hardware under the pf, inside the cab, coin mechs. It even has the topper that I didnt know existed, which lights up with the game play. (i believe this may be the only topper not owned by JD).
    Anyway now I am just bragging, but the point is restore those games!! Spend the money, and do it right, do it proper and be proud of it! You may think no one would ever pay what you have in to it, but you are wrong there has to be more people like me that will pay without negoiation.

so the 3 pins were monte carlo, genesis, and striker extreem. By the way I am looking for a genesis.

1 week later
    #79 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

In my experience populating pf's that are clearcoated, I found before I do every drill I use my diamond dremmil bit to remove the clear, then I use my glue kit to apply the glue so it immediatly absorbs in to the wood and under the clear all around the hole.

Any chance us customers could get a video of you doing this work so we can see how its done proper? Looking forward to a Kruzman YouTube channel

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I used to be smug at the 2 thousand dollar rims on the caprice also (they spin when the car is still!!!!) until I got in to pinball.
    For example I paid a thousand for a dragon game, and not an em!! I didnt even negoiate. thousand for a dragon! I never even wanted a dragon...l until I saw this one. It was restored about 2000-2005 i think by the pf wear, but it has a nos pf installed, I am guessing a nos backglass, the cab is a 9+ and it has a pasquel board in it. Its flawless. It is totally stock, but except for some arch ball trail, brand new!!!
    What is even more outragious is, I am sure it cost much more than a grand to restore, way more, plus the hours!
    On the same topic, I bought a pin at the kzoo show I thought was one of the 3 pins I would never own, Monte carlo. It used to be like all of the other monte carlos out there, not working and trashed. I had never even played the dam title. Once I saw it all restored, and polished and for sale, I borrowed the money immediatly!!! This game looks much nicer than new, and plays amazing. This game was restored so well, even the stuff that dosent matter was done. The hardware under the pf, inside the cab, coin mechs. It even has the topper that I didnt know existed, which lights up with the game play. (i believe this may be the only topper not owned by JD).
    Anyway now I am just bragging, but the point is restore those games!! Spend the money, and do it right, do it proper and be proud of it! You may think no one would ever pay what you have in to it, but you are wrong there has to be more people like me that will pay without negoiation.
    so the 3 pins were monte carlo, genesis, and striker extreem. By the way I am looking for a genesis.

That was a beautiful Monte Carlo. Congrats on picking that up.

#81 6 years ago

I just got the new alternate translight for the monte carlo. The new trans and the restoration makes it look like a new game. she's a beauty.
    AS for a video at the pf compound, I dont really have the ego for that. There have only been about 8 pics taken olf me in over 10 years. Although it would take much less time to show than explain, and that is apealing for sure. prob is I dont have a video camera or know how to use u tube except look at it. I sure it could be figured out, but I am not a big computer person. I like the idea now that I think about it just because it would save me time answering questions from folks who are doing their own work and have questions.
    we shall see
    Thank you for your support.
    BTW if there is a pf you see on the list that you are on the fence about, I am making "crazy deals" right now, and could use a bit o cash flow. "so whats it gonna take for you to drive this pf out of here today"?

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I just got the new alternate translight for the monte carlo. The new trans and the restoration makes it look like a new game. she's a beauty.
    AS for a video at the pf compound, I dont really have the ego for that. There have only been about 8 pics taken olf me in over 10 years. Although it would take much less time to show than explain, and that is apealing for sure. prob is I dont have a video camera or know how to use u tube except look at it. I sure it could be figured out, but I am not a big computer person. I like the idea now that I think about it just because it would save me time answering questions from folks who are doing their own work and have questions.
    we shall see
    BTW if there is a pf you see on the list that you are on the fence about, I am making "crazy deals" right now, and could use a bit o cash flow. "so whats it gonna take for you to drive this pf out of here today"?

PM sent

#83 6 years ago

Hmm.....doing a video is easy for me but the last time I tried to load it up to my Utube it didn't work no matter what I tried.

John

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

we shall see

Is the list on the original description up to date? Or are there sold titties still listed for sale?

#85 6 years ago

Titles. That auto correct was so good that I'm not even going to fix it. Also I've never swyped that word, Swype makes some odd correction choices.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Is the list on the original description up to date? Or are there sold titties still listed for sale?

Sold titties? Has Ron expanded his "playfield" business?

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from wcbu64:

Sold titties? Has Ron expanded his "playfield" business?

Actually yes. Ron does to custom work if you ask him nicely.

John

IMG_0087 (resized).JPGIMG_0087 (resized).JPG

#88 6 years ago

The nos MB belongs to a customer who asked me to sell it. He sent it for clear, and sold his game right after he shipped it to me.
    He wants 1700, which is what he paid. I will hook you up with him, and you can pay him, I have nothing to do with the sale, although I will clear it for you.
    This is just a favor, not my pf. Its a very nice pf, I dont think there are any flaws, there is a little mylar between the pops, and maybe down by the drain lanes

The list is current, if you go thru the full post. I update it when I get a new pf and mention when one sells. sorry for the inconvience. New pf list comming in a week or so. nothing diffrent except the centaur will be cleared and the nos STTNG also. maybe almost. who knows?

#89 6 years ago

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: NOS playfields are the originals, made by the original factory, or their subs. They are MUCH more valuable, and MUCH more collectible, and in most cases MUCH better than reproductions. Think about it...
    I could spend hours explaining this example of common knowledge but I am going to bed
    I just got a person ask for a price on the NOS MB. After I sent the letter, he replied that he can get a repro over seas cheaper than that.

7 years of graduate studies and I am doing this for a living.
    I love it, but it is challenging sometimes

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

we shall see

Ron, if you put out a video series I would buy it! Someone volunteer to do the video and editing for Ron in exchange for some playfield restoration knowledge!

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Glarrownage:

Ron, if you put out a video series I would buy it! Someone volunteer to do the video and editing for Ron in exchange for some playfield restoration knowledge!

Problem with this idea is that doing playfields is his only bread and butter. Putting out too much information (which I think he does already for his sake) is like cutting into his sole income. It literally just wouldn't make cents.

John

#92 6 years ago

For now protect your knowledge,when you're ready to retire then maybe educate us with a video.
    -Mike

#93 6 years ago

I have to apologize for the bitchy PSA post from last night. My ego totally allows me to realize I was being a whinny little bi#*h. I am not going to write why I was in that mood, because I think when people do that it invalidates the apology.

As for the video, I would rather take on an apprentice/partner. This area is one of the cheapest areas in the country to live in, that is developed, yet not dangerous. I live in the sticks but there are 15 golf courses within 15 miles from me. I even have a guest house for the apprentice/partner/employee (pick one) to rent if he or she wants. How about that?
    You got a kid fresh out of college, grad or drop out who cares with some talent and a work ethic, tell him/her

#94 6 years ago

If I were 20 years younger ,before helping to make a child and starting my life...I would jump at this opportunity.
    And it is very gracious of you to offer such a fun job.Good luck to someone who gets a chance to learn a trade.
    -Mike

#95 6 years ago

Ron it sucks that I finally get the scratch to buy a Kruzman, and then have to buy it from someone other than Kruzman. Not that John_I was a bad seller at all, he was great. But still...
    I asked you first though! Then I googled Sinbad pf restore and John_I's thread pops up.
    When folks send you pf's, are they populated or not? Would like to get my I500 to ya in next few months.

#96 6 years ago

Right GrizzlyRig?? Lemmy just say bye to the kids...

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Problem with this idea is that doing playfields is his only bread and butter. Putting out too much information (which I think he does already for his sake) is like cutting into his sole income. It literally just wouldn't make cents.
    John

I actually think it expands his current market. The people that are interested in paying top dollar for Ron to work his magic on a playfield and have it perfect are not going to buy a video in an attempt to duplicate his work. You are assuming people would gain the knowledge and be able to replicate the quality of his work, which I don't think is going to happen.

What would happen on the other hand is Ron would be able to capitalize on people who can not afford his playfields but can afford to buy a video on how they could do it. Not to mention, I don't think Ron making videos of how he fixes minor issues that may pop up with playfields, like ghosting, would stop someone from buying a Kruzman playfield.

Maybe I'm over estimating the skill it takes to do this quality of work, but I really don't think I am. I know I couldn't do it, but I would certainly buy a video with Kruzmans name on it demonstrating proper care of a playfield, minor touch ups, fixes, etc. I'm sure Ron is pretty tired of explaining a lot of that ad nauseum to his new customers as well.

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

I would rather take on an apprentice/partner. This area is one of the cheapest areas in the country to live in, that is developed, yet not dangerous. I live in the sticks but there are 15 golf courses within 15 miles from me. I even have a guest house for the apprentice/partner/employee (pick one) to rent if he or she wants. How about that?
    You got a kid fresh out of college, grad or drop out who cares with some talent and a work ethic, tell him/her

That's awesome!

#99 6 years ago

It looks as if the sky jump is no longer for sale.

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/march-list-of-playfields-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.