(Topic ID: 238990)

Marathon (all game tournament) Do you play?

By arcademojo

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Had 3 friends over last night to look at a game. In usual pinball fashion we started playing other games then turned it into a Marathon tournament.
    Haven't done this in a while. But enjoy playing this way from time to time. Just wanted to see if others do this.
    What I'm calling a marathon tournament is. (only works with 4 or less players) To turn all my games on and rack up 4 player games on them. We start at the first game and play through all games. Keeping the same order on all games till the end. Also helps to have more then a handful of games to play.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Had 3 friends over last night to look at a game. In usual pinball fashion we started playing other games then turned it into a Marathon tournament.
    Haven't done this in a while. But enjoy playing this way from time to time. Just wanted to see if others do this.
    What I'm calling a marathon tournament is. (only works with 4 or less players) To turn all my games on and rack up 4 player games on them. We start at the first game and play through all games. Keeping the same order on all games till the end. Also helps to have more then a handful of games to play.

It's been awhile, but we've done it with 5 games. Usually someone will start a game on one of the other vacant games while waiting for their turn. When their turn is up, they'll catch the ball and hand off the "side game" to another person. All good clean pinball fun.

#3 5 years ago

Usually when people play my collection for the first time we just go right down the line. 20 or so games usually takes like 5 hours

Imagine doing this at PAPA. Line up 800 players on 400 games, 1v1. Everyone plays, then rotate.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Usually when people play my collection for the first time we just go right down the line. 20 or so games usually takes like 5 hours
    Imagine doing this at PAPA. Line up 800 players on 400 games, 1v1. Everyone plays, then rotate.

We only had 10 games going last night. didn't have a lot of time. Took about 2 hours. I usually leave LOTR out of all tournaments since ball times can be 15 minutes to half an hour sometimes. Then leave a couple others out for people to play while waiting. The highest number of pins we did at once was around 30. That was a true marathon night.

#5 5 years ago

That's all good and fun but what about your get together makes it a "tournament"? Sounds like you were just playing all your games in a 4 player group. Did you keep track of who won?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

That's all good and fun but what about your get together makes it a "tournament"? Sounds like you were just playing all your games in a 4 player group. Did you keep track of who won?

Yup, we keep track of who won and we all throw x amount of dollars in the pot for prize money. Of course we’re not talking about an official tourney here. It ended really good with 3 of us each winning 3 games so last game we played was for the win.
    We usually do a once a month Matchplay tourney for cash prize with A and B division at my house but this was just a last minute get together to get some game play in on my Flash I’m selling.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/marathon-all-game-tournament-do-you-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.