Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Heretic_9
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I have cleaned out most of my spare parts that I have had for many years. I l;isted them on e-bay if anyone is interested.

ebay.com link: lotsapins.com

#2 9 years ago

What kind of a deal can you give me on that No Fear drop zone plastic?

#3 9 years ago

It costs me 10% to sell it with buy it now. I could go $120 shipped with pay pal and no eBay.

#4 9 years ago

cut me a deal on the diner translite and taxi ramp with shipping to Nevada?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Pinball Translite Nice Used
    Really?

Thats what it looks like from here? maybe its a mirage?

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

cut me a deal on the diner translite and taxi ramp with shipping to Nevada?

Make me an offer.....

Quoted from PinRob:

ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Pinball Translite Nice Used

Really?

Yep , really.. Send a best offer if your interested or did you just want to throw your 2¢ in ?

#9 9 years ago

195 bucks for a translite is moronic.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yep, and say JD is roughly a $2K pin. Then 10% of your machine is translite. Makes sense right - No

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

It also says buy it now or submit best offer. Then again, maybe I'm a moron ????

Quoted from PinRob:

Yep, and say JD is roughly a $2K pin. Then 10% of your machine is translite. Makes sense right - No

Then again if you don't have a translite or have a badly damaged one, how much is it worth?? Substantially less than $2K....

Or maybe I have had it for many years and don't care if I sell it......Hmmmm,

#12 9 years ago

I bought some parts from Keith recently (Flintstones plastics, Scared Stiff parts) and they arrived quickly, were well packaged, and shipping was combined.

Keith's been around pinball for a long time, although he is new to pinside I believe.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Keith's been around pinball for a long time, although he is new to pinside I believe.

I have been at this since 1995. I have been looking at pinside for a couple of years, but don't really post anything. My spreadsheet says I have owned 344 pinball machines since 1995 when I started. I currently have a very valuable collection and a few for sale. So yes this isn't my first rodeo. Since the games are much harder to get now, I tend to price on the high side since you never know when the next one may come along. These parts are not repros that are for sale. They are either original used or NOS WMS parts. I have been sitting on this stuff and more for a long time.
    I guess I get a little defensive when a self proclaimed expert feels the need to bash the price. Maybe someone wants the translite and can't find one anywhere. They shoot me an offer and maybe it happens??? I just think maybe pin rob with his huge 2 pin collection should be a little more cautious when he comments.... Just sayin...

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've been doing business with Keith for a long, long time. He's a great seller to deal with.

Good luck Keith!

#15 9 years ago

I'm just a lowly 2 pin collection owner with no idea what I'm talking about. Guess I should go see my first rodeo.

Edit: I'm done with this - people will see it for what it is.

#16 9 years ago

ok now everyone hug and make up.. time to play nice.

#17 9 years ago

It says "Or best offer". So I guess it's time for the Price Police to go back to the station.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from lotsapins:

I guess I get a little defensive when a self proclaimed expert feels the need to bash the price. Maybe someone wants the translite and can't find one anywhere. They shoot me an offer and maybe it happens??? I just think maybe pin rob with his huge 2 pin collection should be a little more cautious when he comments.... Just sayin...

I sympathize with your comment, lotsapins. I've see some members on this forum state what they think the price of a certain pin should be. Then I look at the market page and see that same pin, not just for sale, but having been sold for a price that's considerably higher than the proclaimed "expert's" suggested price, more often than not.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The selling price of any item in an open market is the purchasing price the buyer is willing to pay. It's a matter of one's ability to do their homework and decide for themselves what the item is worth to them, not somebody who's not buying the item (auction prices set a good example). If the buyer feels the price is too high, he can either dicker or not buy. It's that simple.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinPall007:

I sympathize with your comment, lotsapins. I've see some members on this forum state what they think the price of a certain pin should be. Then I look at the market page and see that same pin, not just for sale, but having been sold for a price that's considerably higher than the proclaimed "expert's" suggested price, more often than not.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The selling price of any item in an open market is the purchasing price the buyer is willing to pay. It's a matter of one's ability to do their homework and decide for themselves what the item is worth to them, not somebody who's not buying the item (auction prices set a good example). If the buyer feels the price is too high, he can either dicker or not buy. It's that simple.

Exactly !!!!!!!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

OH - sorry I didn't know that you have had 344 machines per your spreadsheet, I didn't know you have a very valuable collection, and I didn't know you've been to a rodeo before too. So price it on the (super) high side - your the expert. I'm just a lowly 2 pin collection owner with no idea what I'm talking about. Guess I should go see my first rodeo.

I'm glad you understand. Enjoy the Rodeo......

#21 9 years ago

Even smart people do moronic things occasionally. I'm just saying pricing a USED Judge Dredd translite higher than NOS plastic sets for 4k+ games is a little nuts.....the plastics prices on there are very reasonable. I tell you I paid way more than that for a set of STTNG plastics that were re-screens, not NOS original....

#22 9 years ago

where can i buy one for less frax?

#23 9 years ago

If the price is too high, don't buy it. There's no reason to lament over it, or comment that the seller's price is out of reason. Just don't buy it. He will either agree, and adjust it appropriately, or decide to keep it, if it's worth more to him than it is to you.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from wiredoug:

where can i buy one for less frax?

That was the worst leap of logic... lack of supply doesn't mean infinite demand exists. Case in point:

I'm putting my Jet Spin on ebay for 4 grand. Since there's not another one *currently* available, I have every right to ask that for a beat up game with taupe paint all over it and pretty big playfield wear, and oh yeah it doesn't score correctly either. Since there's not another one available, it's worth whatever I price it at, right?

As for where to get another one...well...SOMEONE got one from a Judge Dredd dumped on a curb here in Dallas about a month and a half ago, along with the playfield and one of the four legs. Wasn't me though. Here's a better example... auctioned in May, sold for 107 with free shipping.... NOS.

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine NOS Translite Judge Dredd Bally Rare Find Wall Art Free Shipping

I'll leave your thread now. I've said my piece, and made my point.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

As for where to get another one...well...SOMEONE got one from a Judge Dredd dumped on a curb here in Dallas about a month and a half ago, along with the playfield and one of the four legs. Wasn't me though. Here's a better example... auctioned in May, sold for 107 with free shipping.... NOS.

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Nos Translite Judge Dredd Bally Rare Find Wall Art Free Shipping

I'll leave your thread now. I've said my piece, and made my point.

Bye....

I guess it is just a sore point for some folks.
    I have had it for a long time as I said before. I don't see them offered for sale ever, so what I'm asking is what I want. If I get it, fine, if I don't, no worries but regardless of you or anyone's opinion, it's still mine to do with as I please. Also just consider what the cost of selling is. E-Bay gets 10% so I'm already down to $176 at asking. Then paypal socks you for about 4% for another $8. Now I'm down to $168 and I have to ship it. The listing says it ships for $15 in the USA. Now e-bay and pay pal both hit that, so probably wont even break even on shipping.
    There is alot of things to consider before you comment on a price.

#26 9 years ago

Bump. Lots sold, but still have plenty listed.

#27 9 years ago

The ebay links don't work for me for some reason

#28 9 years ago

Yeah. I dont get this price bashing thing. If you dont want to pay the price asked make an offer or just dont buy it. Wait for the right deal for you to come along.
    Anyone got any blackwater bits?

1 week later
    #29 9 years ago

The links are working again...

#30 9 years ago

Hey lotsapins

You don't happen to have any more flintstones plastics lying around that you'd like to sell, do you?
    I'm missing the top right plastic that goes to the right of the pop bumpers.
    I believe it has a plastic post w/ rubber on top of it so the ball doesn't jump into the right orbit.
    -Ran

1 month later
    #31 9 years ago

Found this with a thread search for "plastics", way too many hits to read through quickly, but I'll try to go over a lot more of this as time permits.

lotsapins, I have bookmarked your link for future reference.

After noticing some plastics sets listed as "Out of Stock" at Marco and elsewhere, my immediate question was going to be: other than looking on eBay (or here), what supplier companies are to repro plastics as CPR is to playfields ? I think I may have seen one or two such mentioned here, but did not make note of them at the time. And then, the title of a few threads seems to indicate that CPR may be making some replacement plastics themselves ?

[EDIT: Whoa, I had no idea that CPR had gone into this so heavily. Good to see some companies stepping up here . . . although some good sets shown there are Sold Out.]

Anyway, I'm trying to work up a 'Go To' list for certain item categories. Having more places to look is always better. (In the case of EMs, older stuff, Gottliebs etc., I'm already acquainted with PBR.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/many-pinball-parts-for-salelots-of-plastics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.