(Topic ID: 193179)

Manually load and play multiple balls - OK or frowned upon?

By spinal

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Loading and shooting multiple balls on old push-to-load EM's...”

• is OK today and always was - shoot all 5 onto the playfield if you like. 33 votes
    47%
  • is not how the machines were meant to be played - please only one ball at a time on the playfield! 37 votes
    53%

(70 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3115404d06d3254841434d942fcd8ba31dc26dba (resized).jpg
image-3 (resized).jpg
211f1 (resized).jpg
dogcigar (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

It's not an issue if you don't respect other people's pins. These games that someone just put many hours and weekends into. For the guys like JR and pinballDave bring super nice pins to play it makes me sick to watch kids abuse them. It's the same at car shows , jackoffs leaning up against a car you just detailed.

Maybe these nicer pins stop showing up at shows if the trend continues. After what I saw and some of the apathetic BS I'm hearing I'm already making the switch.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Always respect the owners wishes.
With that said. What am I missing? How does having more than one ball in an old game cause damage? 2 inch flippers and their associated coils aren't strong enough to create air balls like a more modern game (at least the games I've played).

Watched a kid cram 5 balls into the shooter lane at Pintastic then ram the lift rod over and over pushing the log jammed balls upward on the glass. It's a parents job to teach right from wrong. The Skyline pin had a sign on how to put a ball in play. The mom just let her brat have at it without any instruction, concern, or care.

Giving the GP access to games for a nominal fee doesn't give them the right to disregard rules and manners. I have my doubts the owner brings another 1966 or earlier Replay Wedgehead to a show. Those of us who appreciate games like this end up getting the bum end of the deal.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I love manually loading the ball versus automatic. Wished they left it that way. Dodge City is the only manual load game I own that has just one ball, not 5. Multi player machine.

My 1966 Mayfair was like that , manual lift with a ball count unit, much better than 5 balls in the balls played accumulation chamber in the apron. 1 player Replay games went to the paper that lights up starting with??? King of Diamonds , 1967??

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1 player replay games with backglass ball count that lights up goes back as far as at least 1957.

Odin,

I was referring to the paper in the instruction card holder not the backglass. Crosstown has the 5 balls displayed in the apron. KOD has numbers that light up on the left. Im guessing this changed with the manual ball lift giving way to the auto ball launch. Subway was the last game with a ball lift 10/66 then KOD 1/67 first game with outhole kicker and balls played card. Not sure when the card gave way to the backbox numbers in the 70's . It looks like Grand Slam 7/72 had numbers in backbox for ball in play.

DQ74

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974deltaqueen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manually-load-and-play-multiple-balls-ok-or-frowned-upon?tu=1974deltaqueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.