Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pins4fun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Recently bought my friends ACDC Pro, which he bought NIB late 2012. The manual he received with it is more like a brochure with sterns web address for part numbers and mechanical drawings. Is this what they are sending with NIB pins these days after massive price increases over the last few years? Anyone that bought a NIB pin from Stern lately or within the last 5 years, please share your experience. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Eh, normal. Sad.

#3 9 years ago

Just premium and le have manuals included, right?

#4 9 years ago

So you need to spend another $2000 to get a manual now? The Pro's were supposedly built for the operators, who will definitely need the manual since the game will be on route. Looks like Stern continues to lessen their product and raise the prices. Sterns marketing strategies must be making them millions…no manuals anymore on an MSRP pin over $5k, multiple versions of the same game…i.e.: AC/DC has 5 versions!!! PRO, BIBLE, LTBRLE, PREMIUM, and LUCY…you would think they could still afford to put a manual in every game as they did in the past. Truly sad for the biggest pinball manufacturer in the business.

#5 9 years ago

I needed a part for my Stern Star Trek Pro and without even looking I called and spoke with Patrick. He told me to get the part # from the manual. I was like "I don't have a manual". He said it should be inside the cabinet. Imagine my surprise when I looked in there and it was there!

#6 9 years ago

My STLE came with one, my WOZECLE didn't. It's $100.

#7 9 years ago

STLE came with a stapled three ring manual. CPU schematics are secured by making the print so tiny you can't read it due to low pixel count on the copier.

#8 9 years ago

Damn! Another douchbag move from Stern.

#9 9 years ago

Isn't the full manual available from Stern's website? A more complete manual is at least.

I'm not justifying them not giving the full manual to us, but at least you can view or print it there.

#10 9 years ago

Some have em, some don't. SM I bought in 2009 had one, STLE I got last year didn't. Called stern, they 'forgot' and sent me one. Funny, cuz 4 other guys that got a STLE had no manual either.

#11 9 years ago

I think they've gone too far with no manual in the pros. Why not include a simplified manual without all the detailed part information and schematics. Most casual buyers just need information on how to use the menu system, basic care and where to call for more info.

I bet there are a lot of non-pinhead pro owners putting quarters into their machines because they have no idea you can set it to free play.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Isn't the full manual available from Stern's website? A more complete manual is at least.
I'm not justifying them not giving the full manual to us, but at least you can view or print it there.

Transformers Pro for the longest time didn't have the full manual online, the links were dead to half of it. Now years later since it's moved into the archive, it looks like you can download the complete manual.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

My STLE came with one, my WOZECLE didn't. It's $100.

"Partial truths or half-truths are often more insidious than total falsehoods".

Samuel P. Huntington

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manual-with-nib-stern-purchase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.