• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• War Viza Manufacturing, 1978

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160825185955936 (resized).jpg
20160428201003266_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Looking for Manual & Schematics for Viza War (Cocktail P

Added: 2016-04-28 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (October 14th, 2016) • Ended: December 1st, 2016

Price

Wanted

Does anyone have a copy of the manual & schematics available for a Viza War?

Item photos

20160428201003266_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ForceFlow's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ForceFlow's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Ballston Spa, NY, US

#2 7 years ago

I have a couple project war machines I want to get going in near future and to be honest I haven't even looked inside yet.
I'll check tomorrow and see if there is anything with them.

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

I would also be interested in finding schematics for this. Looks pretty simple but could come in handy in the future. Very fun game!

#6 7 years ago

I will really try to look tonorrow

1 week later
1 month later
#9 7 years ago

I was hoping to get started on this game soon, and the paperwork would be helpful. If anyone has any leads, please let me know

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

Bumping up--still looking for copies of the paperwork for this game.

#11 7 years ago

Just started digging into this game finally. Two coils lock on at power up. Schematics would be helpful!

If anyone has or can make copies, anything is better than nothing.

#12 7 years ago

Aren't you glad it did not have a battery that leaked all over everything?

#13 7 years ago

Man.... I have this game as my coffee table downstairs.... But has no boards in it.... I would love to find a set of boards if someone has a set they are willing to let go? Or hell even borrow and I can make a copy of .... Would LOVE to get the game going again ....

On the thread topic... I too will look inside to see if I have any papers on it tomorrow... When I get back for my the lake

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Aren't you glad it did not have a battery that leaked all over everything?

Definitely. I probably wouldn't have even touched this game if it had a severely leaking battery on it.

Quoted from toasterman04:

Man.... I have this game as my coffee table downstairs.... But has no boards in it.... I would love to find a set of boards if someone has a set they are willing to let go? Or hell even borrow and I can make a copy of .... Would LOVE to get the game going again ....

Unfortunately, these games are incredibly rare.

On the upside, all the board components appear to be fairly common parts. The giant 8000uF filter cap on the power supply board may be a little tricky to source, though. I hat some trouble finding a similar one when working on my Allied Leisure game.

If you had the board schematics, someone could possibly put them into a design editor and work up a new board. However, since this game is so rare, it would probably end up being a one-off.

Alternatively, you *might* be able to get somewhere by using an arduino and/or open pinball platform and reproduce the game's rules. The only problem might be how to drive the digital displays--I have no idea what signals the MPU spits out for those. Then for power, I'm assuming it's just the 3 common voltages, 5v, 12v, and whatever the coils use (25v, I'm guessing)--so, then just throw in switched power supplies for those voltages.

http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/OPP

On the thread topic... I too will look inside to see if I have any papers on it tomorrow... When I get back for my the lake

That would be awesome, thanks

#15 7 years ago

Wow that's deep.... I might be able to think about that a few more years under my belt...

#16 7 years ago

I have a extra set of boards I could loan you
Not sure if they are working or not as I have not had time to play with these machines yet

I would also be interested in a set of legs
I'm missing a set for one machine
I'm sure I could remake them but thought I throw iit out there

#17 7 years ago

Wow that's deep.... I might be able to think about that a few more years under my belt...

I honestly think it would be pretty feasible.

I thought about the displays some more. There are techniques to drive 7-segment digit displays using an arduino, so the best thing to do might be to remove the viza display boards, solder some 7-segment digit displays for the score and LEDs for the ball count to a prototyping board, and drive them using an arduino.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

I have a extra set of boards I could loan you
Not sure if they are working or not as I have not had time to play with these machines yet
I would also be interested in a set of legs
I'm missing a set for one machine
I'm sure I could remake them but thought I throw iit out there

That would be awesome.... I am sure with a copy I can make something work.... And with the help of Pinside and forceflow I am sure I could even do it from scratch ...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I thought about the displays some more. There are techniques to drive 7-segment digit displays using an arduino, so the best thing to do might be to remove the viza display boards, solder some 7-segment digit displays for the score and LEDs for the ball count to a prototyping board, and drive them using an arduino

Ya I can see that working.... That's a great thought

#20 7 years ago

That would be awesome.... I am sure with a copy I can make something work.... And with the help of Pinside and forceflow I am sure I could even do it from scratch ...

Just keep in mind--my assistance would be limited on that project. The most I've done with OPP is some reading on the topic. I haven't jumped into a project yet (since I have plenty of restores and shop jobs I need to complete first), but it's something I hope to be able to get to at some point.

But, it does look like a very promising approach, and I'm sure a few others who have played around with OPP, arduino, and MPF will be able to help answer questions

#21 7 years ago

In conversing with other game owners, it appears that there are two versions of the machine.

An earlier version has various boards, relays, and a set of chimes. The later version (like the one I have) is completely electronic.

No luck on locating any paperwork thus far for either version of the game. I'm beginning to think there might not have been any paperwork on this game to begin with.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

An earlier version has various boards, relays, and a set of chimes.

As mentioned when you asked me, I have this version. Did you actually find someone else that has it too? I have seen a number of Wars, and mine is the only one like this.

I'm curious if the scoring was fixed for the all electronic version of the game. I enjoy the head to head aspect of the game, but can't stand the scoring in either single or multiplayer modes. Would love if someone would make it so it makes sense.

Also, if anyone has a set of plastics, I'd be interested Mine are non-existant.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

As mentioned when you asked me, I have this version. Did you actually find someone else that has it too? I have seen a number of Wars, and mine is the only one like this.

Yes, another collector had the relay & chimes version. If it's accessible, could you post some photos of it? I'd be interested to see how different it is from the fully electronic version and how similar it might be to Allied Leisure Gen1 games (I suspect there may be similarities since Allied Leisure was involved in building these).

Quoted from goatdan:

I'm curious if the scoring was fixed for the all electronic version of the game. I enjoy the head to head aspect of the game, but can't stand the scoring in either single or multiplayer modes. Would love if someone would make it so it makes sense.

I pulled the fuses for the coils that were locking so I could have a chance to see what the switches gave me, but I wasn't able to make sense of it yet.

The guy I bought it from said there was some weird aspect to the rules that made scoring non-intuitive. I don't remember what it was, but I can upload a photo of the printed rules later tonight.

#24 7 years ago

20160825185955936 (resized).jpg20160825185955936 (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Mine isn't handy at the moment at all, sorry. I'm currently renovating the basement to make it into an arcade, and right now there are only like two games down there. War is packed up and with a buddy.

The rules all make sense. The right flipper button "serves" the ball into play. What doesn't make sense is that...

On a 2p game, the center shot which turns off your opponents flippers for a bit of time (awesome feature, by the way) scores the same as the opponent losing the ball. It's possible once you get halfway good at the game to shoot the ball over the center shot six times and then you can just keep letting it drain on your side to "win". It's rather silly, and the game should either give the most points to the player who does not lose the ball, or track it separately and only give the player who "wins" a score in the end.

Single player is even weirder, as both sides of the game track points individually still, something I hope the all electric version would fix. The first couple times playing it in single player mode is surprisingly fun because literally nothing else plays like it, but then after that when you start trying to figure out if you did better or not and the scoring is nonsensical, it becomes stupid.

Mine for the longest time became a table to store crap on in my garage because I didn't have anyone to play head to head with regularly, and it's quite boring by itself.

2 weeks later
#27 7 years ago

I picked up one of these last week. It lights up but doesn't seem to do anything else.
I have yet to lift the playfield and see what's under there. Mine has the kickout holes.

Will be watching this thread...

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I have yet to lift the playfield and see what's under there.

Hopefully the manual.

1 week later
#29 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

The rules all make sense. The right flipper button "serves" the ball into play. What doesn't make sense is that...
On a 2p game, the center shot which turns off your opponents flippers for a bit of time (awesome feature, by the way) scores the same as the opponent losing the ball. It's possible once you get halfway good at the game to shoot the ball over the center shot six times and then you can just keep letting it drain on your side to "win". It's rather silly, and the game should either give the most points to the player who does not lose the ball, or track it separately and only give the player who "wins" a score in the end.

I can confirm the electronic version works the same way. A shot through the middle is worth 10,000 points and disables the opponents flippers. If the opponent loses the ball while there flippers are disabled, you don't get the additional 10,000 points for scoring. Always seemed weird to me. I'd almost prefer it score like foosball and just counts goals.

1 week later
#30 7 years ago

I started a club thread so this conversation won't be lost when the WTB ad ends:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/viza-war-club-anyone-have-paperwork

1 month later
#31 7 years ago

Still no luck locating paperwork. Anyone happen to turn over a rock somewhere and find a copy?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manual-schematics-for-viza-war-cocktail-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.