Screenshot 2022-09-07 7.31.07 PM (resized).png
Lies (resized).jpg
F4D4DDD8-C77A-45BE-BEA9-0BFF2D407B56 (resized).png
MANN3 (resized).png
Manny (resized).jpg
D460B81D-3899-4843-B04A-7F7FC3A29E6D (resized).jpeg
719475B6-C989-4C46-A3C0-DF5ABD6C3328 (resized).jpeg
5C961D05-F425-4C0A-BFEA-C601A9392902 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Sorry for over reacting. My bad. To clarify the individual who sold me the Hobbit sold from the commercial address of Lihhts out Pinball and also ran the booth at the 2019 show.

Yeah let’s see the PM please

1 month later
#78 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

What’s this all about - can I get the Cliff Notes??

Cliff notes won’t do it justice…I’m holding out hope for a Pinfest cage match

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I am the President/CEO of Lights Out Pinball, and I am pleased to announce that after assisting us with the company on and off for the last year, Colson Derby has recently joined LOP as a partner, Chief Operations Officer and Vice President. With his assistance, knowledge, experience and passion for the hobby, we hope to increase our presence in the pinball community, and broaden our inventory to include new games, parts, mods and accessories.
We are located in Feasterville, PA, just north of Philadelphia and only minutes from the PA Turnpike, Route 1 and other major highways. We are excited and working hard to have our pinball parts and mods store open, and expect that to occur by the end of 2016. We will also be hosting pinball leagues and tournaments starting in the new year.

After reading this thread when it was first posted, I went down the Pinside forum rabbithole a bit to research Lights Out, as it does appear frequently on “for sale” groups. This quote is from a 6 year old thread and I’m assuming this partnership has dissolved?

I’m assuming this partnership is no longer active?

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yes, it only lasted briefly and ended back then. Many people in the hobby know the circumstances of my involvement, and the path it ultimately took. I have not been involved or associated with Lights Out or Manny for several years.
I know John pretty well personally and I have done several transactions with him, without any issue. John reached out to me to simply see if I was willing to transport a game a while back, and I was trying to assist him with facilitating a resolution.

Thank you. A lot of comments from people in this thread that have not had any involvement with either party so it’s good to get some perspective

1 week later
#111 1 year ago

And what’s the going rate for “amicable” these days?

2 months later
#116 1 year ago

Manny burner account listing games under Smith1369 in “Philly”

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know.
There is a Sharkey's Shootout up on the Philadelphia Craigslist at $3299 from Manny (it says Manny in it) at philadelphia.craigslist.org link as well as one on pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/138621 under Smith1369 listed at $3599. Are you sure this is the same person listing a pin for $300 more on pinside than on Craigslist? The descriptions are not quite identical. Saying one account is a burner account of another is a pretty serious accusation.

I have plenty of reason to believe this is the case or a close associate selling the same inventory under a new account. Just thought it worth mentioning as I’m sure creating new profiles to avoid old feedback is frowned upon

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

He sent me pictures on Facebook Messenger, I also have the pin listed there and this is where our deal has been going down. After his latest message this morning, I asked if he changed the glass and cleaned it like he said he would, no reply yet. Was it his pictures he sent me? No clue. But he did send them right away when I asked for pictures of the game. We will see

It’s like watching a friend take back their toxic ex…I’m hoping this all works out for you, but also am pretty confident it won’t

1 month later
#149 1 year ago

“Showroom” and “litigation”

Both of these things cost a lot of money and I wouldn’t expect to see either

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from ryank11379:

Not to downplay either side, however I will attest I’ve done a few games sales and purchases from Manny and had a positive experience.
At the risk of being an unpopular opinion as well, the prices paid for my games was remarkably fair. Not the typical screw you prices a distributor offers.
One out of the several games I got had a couple issues, but I don’t believe he had the game prior to me receiving it. I can also say I’ve had issues with two other distributors in getting a routed game instead of advertised huo as well as another distro selling me new when it was used.
My biggest gripe with dealers is communication. Manny has always been responsive. Offering to take the game back seemed fair even without the shipping cost.
The break the game over your head comment was unprofessional, however I’m not sure I’d fare so much better in my own patience.
There’s always the chance of getting a dud of a game in lesser quality than expected, however I believe it’s be my responsibility as a buyer to do my own homework.

Nothing wrong with sharing a positive experience. If you’re willing, I’d be interested to hear the prices you paid for each game and when you bought them (since the market has shifted so quickly)

The prevailing thought here is that all the games are overpriced bc he overpays for them

1 week later
#156 1 year ago

I think it’s time for this to end. I’m guilty of fanning the flames on occasion but I’m bowing out. I have not bought or sold from Lights out but i have been to his garage and Manny was nice enough to let me look around. Everyone’s experience may differ, but that’s mine

2 weeks later
#227 1 year ago

Do any of the major resellers pay taxes on this sort of thing? Genuinely curious now

1 month later
#247 1 year ago
Quoted from rvalkenburg:

So a bit of a different topic....
Has anyone heard if the one who must not be named ever opened their onsite arcade location?

Details are posted on the Lights out Facebook page

2 months later
#264 1 year ago

this is quickly falling off the rails again

would make a hell of a Netflix documentary though

4 months later
#306 11 months ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

What the heck is the Philly discourse thread

I had to look this up too, apparently it's to review locations in our area

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbl1116.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/manny10-and-lights-out-pinball-taxi-upside-the-head?tu=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.